Proposal: TOR - BUF

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Ulmark isn't on the market, at least shouldn't be. Sabres need to re-sign him as he's the only NHL-capable goalie they have at the moment since UPL is still a few years away. I wouldn't be interested in swapping Adersen for Ulmark, but I don't think your offer is poor value, I just think the Sabres need to re-sign Ulmark.

I would stick to Taylor Hall at 50% for a 1st + b-prospect

If Ulmark want to win or prove around the league he's a good staring goalie, i don't think he will resign in Buffalo. So maybe Buffalo don't have any other choice than let him go.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Personally... I think there may be some solid logic behind this deal (without necessarily speaking to the "value" parts of it).

I'd imagine that Ullmark would be hesitant to sign a deal in Buffalo right now, and of course one of the biggest challenges for Toronto in acquiring Hall is his cap hit.

From Toronto's POV, gets an audition for somebody that you might genuinely consider signing.

In terms of value....obviously one can greatly debate Hall's value at 50 percent retained, but for sake of argument, let's say it's a little bit less than the Leafs 1st round pick.

What's Ullmark worth? A 2nd+? If the Sabres could get Andersen and say, Timothy liljegren, I'd imagine that's probably a deal that makes sense.

Depending on how much they're willing to tank...They could then go and flip Andersen at 50pct retained (he has basically no salary, only cap hit) to a contender as a backup option.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
To BUF
Frederick Andersen
Travis Dermott
Mikhail Abramov (Leafs best C Prospect)
2021 1st OR 2022 2nd + B Prospect (Kral/Kokkonen/Kivihalme)

To TOR
Taylor Hall (50% Retained)
Linus Ullmark

basing this off of Value for Hall @ 50% Retained

(1st OR 2nd + B Prospect )+ Roster Player (Dermott)

Value for Ullmark
A- Prospect (Abramov)
Roster Player w/ Bigger Salary (Andersen)

thoughts?

No thanks. I'd rather look elsewhere. This isn't your best offer, and honestly, aside from the 1st, the rest is meh. Andersen can walk, Dermott is vastly overrated. Something we have enough of in (Montour, Miller and Ristolainen). There is no point helping Toronto do anything successful, unless the value is in our favor.

Le Magnifique

Feb 22, 2021
I think people are valuing Hall when he was a 90 pts player.
That was 2018.
Since then his point and games played have been declining significantly.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I think people are valuing Hall when he was a 90 pts player.
That was 2018.
Since then his point and games played have been declining significantly.
I don't think anyone is valuing him that way. If they were they'd be asking for more than a late 1st which is about the max I've seen anyone trying to get for him in return. If anything I think he might be getting undervalued. He's not the player he was when he won the Hart, but he's had a really bad run in Buffalo. He's generating chances, but just can't seem to capitalize on them. I'd bet on him boosting his 2.5% shooting percentage and overall numbers in a better environment.

Le Magnifique

Feb 22, 2021
I don't think anyone is valuing him that way. If they were they'd be asking for more than a late 1st which is about the max I've seen anyone trying to get for him in return. If anything I think he might be getting undervalued. He's not the player he was when he won the Hart, but he's had a really bad run in Buffalo. He's generating chances, but just can't seem to capitalize on them. I'd bet on him boosting his 2.5% shooting percentage and overall numbers in a better environment.
Some of the asking prices for Hall here indicate otherwise.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Some of the asking prices for Hall here indicate otherwise.
DJP was about the only one in this thread that had an outlandish ask of a 1st and an A prospect for Ullmark. He tends to get carried away. Someone asked for Robertson for Hall and Ullmark. Which seems steep unless Toronto thinks they'll re-up Ullmark. I'm not seeing anything too crazy.

Le Magnifique

Feb 22, 2021
DJP was about the only one in this thread that had an outlandish ask of a 1st and an A prospect for Ullmark. He tends to get carried away. Someone asked for Robertson for Hall and Ullmark. Which seems steep unless Toronto thinks they'll re-up Ullmark. I'm not seeing anything too crazy.
the 1st and prospect was the offer I was ref. to.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
the 1st and prospect was the offer I was ref. to.
Fair enough. There's always a few people in every fanbase that overvalue their players and prospects. I think that's a case of overvaluing Ullmark instead of Hall though. I'll admit I'm pretty torn on moving Ullmark myself. He's been quite good for us. If he's willing to re-up here for a reasonable price both in term and cap hit they should probably jump at it. If not I think he'd be a really smart pickup for a playoff team looking for help in net.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
thoughts...this helps buffalo in no way shape or form

Ullmark alone costs a 1st+ A prospect of you want to try and pry him away. Buffalos intent is to resign him.
Abramov is not an A prospect. It costs you Roberson +1st since buffalo can’t attach a resigning comp pick.

Then you have Hall at 60% for a UFA goalie and a LD buffalo has no need for and is not ED exempt, not to mention Arbitration eligible and not worth the risk on an award, thus not QO worthy.
Few goalies in the league would cost this much and Ullmark is definitely not one of them

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1