Proposal: TOR - BUF

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
To BUF
Frederick Andersen
Travis Dermott
Mikhail Abramov (Leafs best C Prospect)
2021 1st OR 2022 2nd + B Prospect (Kral/Kokkonen/Kivihalme)

To TOR
Taylor Hall (50% Retained)
Linus Ullmark

basing this off of Value for Hall @ 50% Retained

(1st OR 2nd + B Prospect )+ Roster Player (Dermott)

Value for Ullmark
A- Prospect (Abramov)
Roster Player w/ Bigger Salary (Andersen)

thoughts?

thoughts...this helps buffalo in no way shape or form

Ullmark alone costs a 1st+ A prospect of you want to try and pry him away. Buffalos intent is to resign him.
Abramov is not an A prospect. It costs you Roberson +1st since buffalo can’t attach a resigning comp pick.

Then you have Hall at 60% for a UFA goalie and a LD buffalo has no need for and is not ED exempt, not to mention Arbitration eligible and not worth the risk on an award, thus not QO worthy.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
thoughts...this helps buffalo in no way shape or form

Ullmark alone costs a 1st+ A prospect of you want to try and pry him away. Buffalos intent is to resign him.
Abramov is not an A prospect. It costs you Roberson +1st since buffalo can’t attach a resigning comp pick.

Then you have Hall at 60% for a UFA goalie and a LD buffalo has no need for and is not ED exempt, not to mention Arbitration eligible and not worth the risk on an award, thus not QO worthy.
If you want to try and pry Ullmark you can laugh at that offer and then pay him as a UFA and in your offer you can say "we're better than Buffalo." You're delirious to think that getting a guy for less than 20 games + playoffs is worth a 1st + a guy like Robertson. I don't know how as a buffalo fan you watch your team and come up with these values and in the same breath will say something like Buffalo doesn't have a need for Dermott when he would instantly be in your top 4 as a 23 year old and would certainly be protected over what you guys currently have. I get some leaf fans way overvalue some players but this is a bad overvalue on Ullmark on your part. It would be less so if Ullmark was a RFA after the season or was signed for more than this season but that isn't the case.

Reactions: LucicAndChong

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Exactly, Ullmark is 2 years younger and played 57% more game.
Good goalie, I would want him on the Leafs sure. Not for the price listed and not for being a UFA at the end of the season because the Leafs simply won't resign him and if they do then they are losing Campbell to expansion for nothing which I don't want. Also still don't want Hall at all.

Reactions: Team Cozens

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It is over but how about next year? We need to sign Ullmark and bring another goalie in for next year
Yes, but Adams should ask Ullmark right now if he wants to re-sign contract with us or if he categorically wants to go to the UFA, if the second option, then we should trade him.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don't know how as a buffalo fan you watch your team and come up with these values and in the same breath will say something like Buffalo doesn't have a need for Dermott when he would instantly be in your top 4 as a 23 year old and would certainly be protected over what you guys currently have. I get some leaf fans way overvalue some players but this is a bad overvalue on Ullmark on your part. It would be less so if Ullmark was a RFA after the season or was signed for more than this season but that isn't the case.

have no clue with what Buffalo has

at LD buffalo has Dahlin, Samuelson, Bryson, and Johnson all at LD and all better than Sermont. The last 3 are ED exempt

Buffalo protects Dahlin and 2RD

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Yes, but Adams should ask Ullmark right now if he wants to re-sign contract with us or if he categorically wants to go to the UFA, if the second option, then we should trade him.
Not for that package sorry..I believe he will sign no indication he won't he is guaranteed the number 1 spot,then we have to sign another goalie.I mean we are receiving Anderson who is a UFA,Dermot who will get picked up by Seattle..Pass

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
If you want to try and pry Ullmark you can laugh at that offer and then pay him as a UFA and in your offer you can say "we're better than Buffalo." You're delirious to think that getting a guy for less than 20 games + playoffs is worth a 1st + a guy like Robertson. I don't know how as a buffalo fan you watch your team and come up with these values and in the same breath will say something like Buffalo doesn't have a need for Dermott when he would instantly be in your top 4 as a 23 year old and would certainly be protected over what you guys currently have. I get some leaf fans way overvalue some players but this is a bad overvalue on Ullmark on your part. It would be less so if Ullmark was a RFA after the season or was signed for more than this season but that isn't the case.
Dermot would NOT be protected over Dahlin,Joker and Risto

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
90% of my Leaf prospects are A level including Steeves who we just signed as a college ufa , lol
You don't have any prospects and the overwhelming majority of the Leafs board disagrees with you. In fact, you are the only one who thinks Steeves is an A prospect.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Yes, but I don't believe Buffalo will let that happen, again, given their goalie situation.

What goalie situation?

They're in last place with no shot at making the playoffs...

At this point, they may as well let you or I play in net for the rest of the season...

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
What goalie situation?

They're in last place with no shot at making the playoffs...

At this point, they may as well let you or I play in net for the rest of the season...
If you can't see it for yourself, I cannot be your eyes.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
You don't have any prospects and the overwhelming majority of the Leafs board disagrees with you. In fact, you are the only one who thinks Steeves is an A prospect.
here are some of the posts in the Steeves thread

-We just signed the best NCAA UFA out there IMO.

-Whoa. This guys pretty highly touted.
Nice grab.

-Awesome addition

-I think this is a sneaky good player! Nice signing!

-Great signing. Low risk but potentially high reward.

-Great signing. To nab the top college UFA who is only 21 years old is solid news.

and i only went through about 3 pages so it seems a lot of posters disagree with you . lol

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
here are some of the posts in the Steeves thread

-We just signed the best NCAA UFA out there IMO.

-Whoa. This guys pretty highly touted.
Nice grab.

-Awesome addition

-I think this is a sneaky good player! Nice signing!

-Great signing. Low risk but potentially high reward.

-Great signing. To nab the top college UFA who is only 21 years old is solid news.

and i only went through about 3 pages so it seems a lot of posters disagree with you . lol
No one said he was an A prospect on any of these quotes you chose. Only, you have claimed he was an A prospect. The best anyone else has claimed that he was a top NCAA undrafted free agent.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
No one said he was an A prospect on any of these quotes you chose. Only, you have claimed he was an A prospect. The best anyone else has claimed that he was a top NCAA undrafted free agent.
so you're saying they're all getting jacked up over a C level prospect ?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
so you're saying they're all getting jacked up over a C level prospect ?
No, I am saying that many Leaf fans are happy that they signed someone that might help and the hope to have a look at him with the Marlies on an ATO.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
No, I am saying that many Leaf fans are happy that they signed someone that might help and the hope to have a look at him with the Marlies on an ATO.
on one hand your telling me no one think's he's a A/good prospect

and you're also telling me there not getting jacked about signing a C/poor prospect

so basically your just saying some of our fans just get jacked over signing anyone even though they don't care if their a quality prospect or not , lol

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
on one hand your telling me no one think's he's a A/good prospect

and you're also telling me there not getting jacked about signing a C/poor prospect

so basically your just saying some of our fans just get jacked over signing anyone even though they don't care if their a quality prospect or not , lol
No, not at all. You said Steeves was an A prospect in this thread. I have maintained that fans are happy they signed one of the too NCAA undrafted prospects and that they think he has a chance to contribute in the future, and many are hoping he signs an ATO so they can have an early look at him with the Marlies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
No, not at all. You said Steeves was an A prospect in this thread. I have maintained that fans are happy they signed one of the too NCAA undrafted prospects and that they think he has a chance to contribute in the future, and many are hoping he signs an ATO so they can have an early look at him with the Marlies.
why do you keep avoiding to mention what level of prospect you believe some of our fans are getting jacked up about ?

you can't have it both ways , either they believe he's a quality prospect/A level or there just delusional by getting excited about a low level prospect

all your doing is dancing around post after post trying to defend your initial reply to me

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
why do you keep avoiding to mention what level of prospect you believe some of our fans are getting jacked up about ?

you can't have it both ways , either they believe he's a quality prospect/A level or there just delusional by getting excited about a low level prospect

all your doing is dancing around post after post trying to defend your initial reply to me
I am not avoiding it, and I think jacked up is hyperbole. I said excited. The reason why I haven't mentioned a level is because I am not sure what the levels actually are although I described the type of player I and many other Leaf fans think he is- a sought after NCAA free agent with a chance to make an impact perhaps next year. The same prospect that many would like to see in the Marlies on an ATO. I think seeing him at that level would go a long way in determining what "level" prospect people think he is.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I am not avoiding it, and I think jacked up is hyperbole. I said excited. The reason why I haven't mentioned a level is because I am not sure what the levels actually are although I described the type of player I and many other Leaf fans think he is- a sought after NCAA free agent with a chance to make an impact perhaps next year. The same prospect that many would like to see in the Marlies on an ATO. I think seeing him at that level would go a long way in determining what "level" prospect people think he is.
many of our fans take the reasonable approach which is that we took a flyer on a guy that cost us nothing and if he pans out great , if not there's no loss but basically they know these type of signings are longshots based on history

but then there's always the bunch that get pumped up over every college or Euro ufa signing and actually believe every one of them have a great chance to become a quality NHLer and run around jumping on anyone who tells them to cool their jets and lower there expectations

this guy is on the smaller side and doesn't skate that well , not a good combination and if there's something we don't need to take a flyer on is another smurf winger

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I’m not just being a sour grapes Sabres fan when I say this....

Nobody should want Taylor Hall on their team. I’m not even joking one bit.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
many of our fans take the reasonable approach which is that we took a flyer on a guy that cost us nothing and if he pans out great , if not there's no loss but basically they know these type of signings are longshots based on history

but then there's always the bunch that get pumped up over every college or Euro ufa signing and actually believe every one of them have a great chance to become a quality NHLer and run around jumping on anyone who tells them to cool their jets and lower there expectations

this guy is on the smaller side and doesn't skate that well , not a good combination and if there's something we don't need to take a flyer on is another smurf winger
He is 5'11 so he is a bigger smurf. I will agree that there are a few who are overly excited about the prospects and there are those who crap on every prospect. Most are reasonable though.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Too much from Toronto. I get that Sabres may have no interest in an Ullmark trade but neither Sabres asset is exactly a hot item at the moment

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00