LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
To BUF
Frederick Andersen
Travis Dermott
Mikhail Abramov (Leafs best C Prospect)
2021 1st OR 2022 2nd + B Prospect (Kral/Kokkonen/Kivihalme)

To TOR
Taylor Hall (50% Retained)
Linus Ullmark

basing this off of Value for Hall @ 50% Retained

(1st OR 2nd + B Prospect )+ Roster Player (Dermott)

Value for Ullmark
A- Prospect (Abramov)
Roster Player w/ Bigger Salary (Andersen)

thoughts?

Reactions: Yatzhee

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think it’s a decent deal. Buffalo could then choose to re-sign Andersen or flip him to a contender in desperate need of a goaltender and then sign one in the off-season.

One thing that may need to be considered is the ED. Would kind of suck for Buffalo if Dermott was acquired, played well with more minutes, and then Seattle taking him away.

LucicAndChong

Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I think it’s a decent deal. Buffalo could then choose to re-sign Andersen or flip him to a contender in desperate need of a goaltender and then sign one in the off-season.

One thing that may need to be considered is the ED. Would kind of suck for Buffalo if Dermott was acquired, played well with more minutes, and then Seattle taking him away.
I guess that’s true but I really don’t think that they have that many people to protect, do they?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
To BUF
Frederick Andersen
Travis Dermott

To TOR
Linus Ullmark

Value for Ullmark
A- Prospect (Abramov)

thoughts?
I liked your proposal, but Buffalo won't move Ullmark given their goalie situation.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

LucicAndChong

Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I liked your proposal, but Buffalo won't move Ullmark given their goalie situation.
That’s why I have Andersen going back the other way. If they can’t get him to sign and stay they could at least use him once he’s healthy again.

I guess it all depends on how long he is gonna be out for

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Couldn't we sign him again if he wanted to? So far, I'm not even sure if Ullmark will be in Buffalo next season.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
That’s why I have Andersen going back the other way. If they can’t get him to sign and stay they could at least use him once he’s healthy again.

I guess it all depends on how long he is gonna be out for
The problem would be mid to longer term. Ullmark is hitting his stride, i don't see Buffalo looking to move him. They'll view him as a piece going forward, as they should.

Reactions: Team Cozens

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I wouldn't target Ullmark or Hall if I was Toronto, so I dont like this from the start. Add in that I don't think Hall is worth a 1st, even with retention.

Pass from this Leafs fan. I'd rather go after a different forward like Palmieri or Granlund. They'd be a better fit.

And Buffalo will keep Ullmark unless it's overpayment, so why try? Stick with Campbell.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
They'll pay him to stay, as long as the management situation being rumored is developed.
Well, I don't think he is untouchable, if someone offers good assets for him, Adams will trade him. It's just that the season is already over for us.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Ullmark is someone the Leafs should be eyeing, either at the TDL or in the off-season.

The problem is that Buffalo has lacked stable goaltending due to injuries so they're unlikely to move one out and have to endure a week long quarantine period for the new import unless they want to completely tank the season further.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Ullmark is a ufa so it's also his decision whether he wants to re sign and the Sabre's should know whether they want him back and he'll re sign by now ,

the Sabre's season is over so they should deal him if the answer to either above question is no

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
90% of my Leaf prospects are A level including Steeves who we just signed as a college ufa , lol

Abramov is, at best, a b- / C prospect. Guy is a career AHLer, or at best a 13th forward at the NHL lvl

Reactions: banks

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Abramov is, at best, a b- / C prospect. Guy is a career AHLer, or at best a 13th forward at the NHL lvl
that may be true if he was a prospect of one of the other 30 teams in the league but he isn't and my unbiased evaluation as a Leaf fan is that all of my prospects are at least B+ level or higher especially if we're including them in trade proposals . lol

LucicAndChong

Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
What about him makes him a B-/C prospect in your opinion?

If you’re going to say the leafs best center prospect is rated that low, you must be quite educated on him and know all of his faults so please, explain.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
What about him makes him a B-/C prospect in your opinion?

If you’re going to say the leafs best center prospect is rated that low, you must be quite educated on him and know all of his faults so please, explain.

1- 20 yo not dominating the Q right now
2- Guy's skating is quite bad

Don,t need a cristal ball to see that Abramov is nothing to get excited about, and he may be the Leafs best C prospect, doesn't change the fct he isn't good

Reactions: CanadianSniper

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
To BUF
Frederick Andersen
Travis Dermott

To TOR
Linus Ullmark

Value for Ullmark
A- Prospect (Abramov)

thoughts?

To BUF
Frederick Andersen
Nick Robertson

To TOR
Linus Ullmark

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Ulmark isn't on the market, at least shouldn't be. Sabres need to re-sign him as he's the only NHL-capable goalie they have at the moment since UPL is still a few years away. I wouldn't be interested in swapping Adersen for Ulmark, but I don't think your offer is poor value, I just think the Sabres need to re-sign Ulmark.

I would stick to Taylor Hall at 50% for a 1st + b-prospect

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
To BUF
Frederick Andersen
Travis Dermott

To TOR
Linus Ullmark

Value for Ullmark
A- Prospect (Abramov)

thoughts?

My initial thought is that there would be better offers if the Sabres trade Hall @ 50% and Ullmark in separate deals.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Not really interested in trading away a good young roster player for expiring free agents. I don't see the Leafs moving anything other than picks/prospects.

Reactions: the Chad Kilger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad