Proposal: TOR - BUF

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
OP if you're a Leafs fan... why do you want to make our team worse for no reason?
I don't think it makes the team worse but I also don't think it makes the team that much better. There is no guarantee Ullmark would be better than Campbell. Dermott isn't just a replacement level player. I'd rather spend the 1st and top prospect on a good two way winger or an elite third line center (someone like Kadri)

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
I don't think it makes the team worse but I also don't think it makes the team that much better. There is no guarantee Ullmark would be better than Campbell. Dermott isn't just a replacement level player. I'd rather spend the 1st and top prospect on a good two way winger or an elite third line center (someone like Kadri)
Imagine the pieces you could get for Dermott, a 2021 1st, and a top prospect. A lot more than Ullmark and Hall even if getting rid of Anderson's contract is that big of a hinderance even though he's a UFA after this year. If it makes us better it's barely better and it will make us worse in the long term.

Reactions: the Chad Kilger

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
OP if you're a Leafs fan... why do you want to make our team worse for no reason?
Outside of losing Dermott (it doesn't make sense to trade him in a deal not involving a D) does that make the Leafs worse?

I don’t think that a lot of teams around the league (Toronto included) are thinking that Hall suddenly woke up, and forgot how to play hockey because the Sabres are a dumpster fire. Hall at $4M is an immediate upgrade to the top 6, as Thornton and Simmonds are not top 6 forwards anymore. Ullmark is a significant upgrade over Andersen at this point. Do you understand on how good you have to be to put up a .919 SV% on a team that has lost 17 games in a row? Like come on.

The 2021 draft is weaker than last season's and any pick after the first round is a lottery ticket.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
If putting up a .919 SV% on a team as bad as Buffalo makes you unsure about how good Ullmark is, I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: Eastcoaster84

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The Problem with Ullmark is he gets hurt, which is the problem with our current goalies.

It will be interesting to see what his next contract is because he's never played half a normal season his career high is 37 games

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Outside of losing Dermott (it doesn't make sense to trade him in a deal not involving a D) does that make the Leafs worse?

I don’t think that a lot of teams around the league (Toronto included) are thinking that Hall suddenly woke up, and forgot how to play hockey because the Sabres are a dumpster fire. Hall at $4M is an immediate upgrade to the top 6, as Thornton and Simmonds are not top 6 forwards anymore. Ullmark is a significant upgrade over Andersen at this point. Do you understand on how good you have to be to put up a .919 SV% on a team that has lost 17 games in a row? Like come on.

The 2021 draft is weaker than last season's and any pick after the first round is a lottery ticket.
Leafs fans always overreact. We are for some reason desperate to trade Anderson away even though in the trade we're losing many cost controlled assets. The Leafs are extremely top heavy in their contracts and need those cheap, good players and Dermott is very high on that list. Sure Ullmark would likely be an upgrade over Anderson but is he an upgrade over how Campbell is playing? He does have a .945 sv% on the season and while that's due for regression to the mean he is also likely to keep playing well as long as he is healthy. As for hall, I don't want to touch him with a 10 ft pole I've seen too many lazy plays over too many years to think "that's the guy we need for a playoff run"

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yes, but I don't believe Buffalo will let that happen, again, given their goalie situation.

Buffalo won't let Ullmark resign in the offseason, because of their goalie situation??? That doesn't make much sense.

Buffalo's season is over. If they can accumulate some assets, they should do so. If Ullmark is in their plans, and he wants to come back, then you discuss that with him, "rent" him out for the rest of the season, and sign him as a UFA.

Reactions: Perennial

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
0 interest in trading Ullmark. I guess if he's made it clear he's testing the market, then the writing's on the wall, but then taking a different UFA goalie back makes absolutely no sense. We'd need pieces that help us next year and beyond, not filler.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
Leafs fans always overreact. We are for some reason desperate to trade Anderson away even though in the trade we're losing many cost controlled assets. The Leafs are extremely top heavy in their contracts and need those cheap, good players and Dermott is very high on that list. Sure Ullmark would likely be an upgrade over Anderson but is he an upgrade over how Campbell is playing? He does have a .945 sv% on the season and while that's due for regression to the mean he is also likely to keep playing well as long as he is healthy. As for hall, I don't want to touch him with a 10 ft pole I've seen too many lazy plays over too many years to think "that's the guy we need for a playoff run"
Hall literally dragged the Devils to the playoffs the year he won the Hart and would be the perfect compliment for Nylander and Tavares (That line is solid defensively and their down low work is excellent). Andersen is nearly done as a Leaf as is and regardless if they keep Dermott or not, you know it's going to be him or Holl that gets picked by Seattle in the expansion draft.

Reactions: Eastcoaster84

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
oh look dermott is available again...the more he's included in deals the higher his value rises.

OP isn't a terrible offer nice job. I'd likely barely pass but good job on the thought.

Reactions: LucicAndChong

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He should be if the Leafs are going all in.
Any prospect or pick is available. However, Robertson is more valuable than two rentals. If one were signed beyond this season, you'd have a case, but they arent. Given the cap situation, prospects like Robertson are more valuable than they were a few years ago. The guy could be slotted right into the top 9 and not look out of place on an ELC.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Hall literally dragged the Devils to the playoffs the year he won the Hart and would be the perfect compliment for Nylander and Tavares (That line is solid defensively and their down low work is excellent). Andersen is nearly done as a Leaf as is and regardless if they keep Dermott or not, you know it's going to be him or Holl that gets picked by Seattle in the expansion draft.
Hall looks like a shell of his former self since the year after his MVP season when he got hurt and required surgery. He's still a good player, but I don't want him and I feel like Tavares and Nylander need a puck possession player more than a scorer. I personally think it's much more likely for the leafs to trade one of their 2021 1st or Liljegren to Seattle in order to entice them into picking kerfoot and to avoid picking dermott/holl.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Leafs are gifted their best chance ever to get to the final 4 and they are going to rely on Jack Campbell who is now age 29 and played 70 games in his career? :help:

SB716

Jun 1, 2015
that may be true if he was a prospect of one of the other 30 teams in the league but he isn't and my unbiased evaluation as a Leaf fan is that all of my prospects are at least B+ level or higher especially if we're including them in trade proposals . lol

Emphasis on the lol. Geez

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
He should be if the Leafs are going all in.
Nope that's a bad move

If we deal Robertson we need a playoff who gives 3 playoff runs back to us. Not 1.

We have 3 years of AM34 guaranteed after this. I want to try and win in all of them as opposed to going in for a rental this year nad throwing our best forward prospect

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Leafs are gifted their best chance ever to get to the final 4 and they are going to rely on Jack Campbell who is now age 29 and played 70 games in his career? :help:

gives me flash backs to the leafs long playoff drought where they finished strong on a journeyman goalie Thrn invested the pooch in him and he crashed and burned...

Reactions: Team Cozens

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
1- 20 yo not dominating the Q right now
2- Guy's skating is quite bad

Don,t need a cristal ball to see that Abramov is nothing to get excited about, and he may be the Leafs best C prospect, doesn't change the fct he isn't good
Calling Abramov a bad skater is a good indication that you aren't very familiar with him

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Why would a team want to trade anybody or anything for Taylor Hall right now? Has anybody watched him play? The Leafs would be wise to look elsewhere for adds.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Buffalo won't let Ullmark resign in the offseason, because of their goalie situation??? That doesn't make much sense.

Buffalo's season is over. If they can accumulate some assets, they should do so. If Ullmark is in their plans, and he wants to come back, then you discuss that with him, "rent" him out for the rest of the season, and sign him as a UFA.
Buffalo won't trade him was the inference. They'll actively work to sign him before he reaches FA.
I don't believe many of you are fully aware of the goalie market, viability for a groomed starter at Ullmarks age and the Sabres current net minder situation. Buffalo simply isn't going to go in to next season with their fingers crossed, so to speak. They've developed Ullmarked, and his game has gotten increasingly better year after year. You don't let that walk, regardless of assets to be had, which most assuredly won't make up for Ullmarks absence.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Well, I don't think he is untouchable, if someone offers good assets for him, Adams will trade him. It's just that the season is already over for us.
It is over but how about next year? We need to sign Ullmark and bring another goalie in for next year

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00