Too Little, Too Leht

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
The goalie comment is ****ing ridiculous. Jones kept us in that game, to which we scored ZERO goals. I thought Scrivens played solid tonight. Just call a spade a spade and say our offense has been total ****. I rarely question Sutter, but that's the dumbest thing I've heard him say so far.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Central: 13gp, 5-7-1, 2.00gpg, 2.62gaa (3-0 in SO)
Pacific: 12gp, 8-3-1, 2.92gpg, 2.00gaa (2-1 in SO)
Atlantic: 9gp, 7-1-1, 3.44gpg, 1.67gaa (1-0 in SO)
Metro: 7gp, 5-1-1, 1.71gpg, 1.14gaa (0-1 in SO)

Those goal totals, either way, don't include the SO goal. The Kings aren't great against the Central so far this season. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be too much to complain about, as of today.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I know what the problem is....

It's the curse of the TSN #1 spot in the power rankings. Since that was awarded last week, the KINGS have done nothing but stink up the joint.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Semi-unrelatedly, happy New Years everyone. :).

Minus the last little stretch where we can focus on details, this team has come a long enough way that we can focus on literal details to fix instead of FIX EVERYTHING!

If you would have said that on New Years 2014 we'd be enjoying a 2012 Stanley Cup, a 2013 WCF loss to the eventual champion after a shortened season full of injuries, and the best start in franchise history to follow that up, I think most of us would be pretty pleased.

Cheers :)

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Semi-unrelatedly, happy New Years everyone. :).

Minus the last little stretch where we can focus on details, this team has come a long enough way that we can focus on literal details to fix instead of FIX EVERYTHING!

If you would have said that on New Years 2014 we'd be enjoying a 2012 Stanley Cup, a 2013 WCF loss to the eventual champion after a shortened season full of injuries, and the best start in franchise history to follow that up, I think most of us would be pretty pleased.

Cheers :)

:nod:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
2013 best year ever. I did so much great ****.

2014 NY Resolution is to be more cocky. And to eat this $100 Philly cheesesteak in Philly that has lobster and truffles on it.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah. Its too expensive to drive to Philly and then pay $100 for a god damn amazing sandwich. Maybe 2015.

bunk-the-wire.gif

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Pretty sure Sutter wasn't being all that team complimentary when he says that because the Kings don't score much, you need better than average goal tending. That's a basic truth about the Kings. Playing alright doesn't cut it.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
That's why fans aren't GM's.

If the Kings keep losing, then there's more reason for concern. Right now, they're playing 6 straight games against teams from the Central, with 4 of those games on the road, and it's the only division that has given the Kings problems.

Guess who we meet in playoffs

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I also think it's worth noting that the entire team started their tear when Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson were first called up, and at the same time Clifford, Lewis, Fraser etc were all injured. Now they're all healthy again, Pearson and Vey are in Manch, and Toffoli is getting 9 minutes a night.

It's embarrassingly obvious how worthless most of our forward depth is. It's sad and pathetic that it takes injuries across the board to actually inject some talent into the lineup and win games.

Over the past four games this team has looked more or less how they looked at the beginning of the year. Couldn't be more upset with how management is handling this team, to be perfectly honest.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Pearson played himself out of the line up. Vey was the safe forward to send down to Manchester because he didn't need to clear waivers.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
lol at Sutter saying that we are a team that doesn't score much. Maybe that is because you only play Toffoli 9 minutes while giving Lewis, Clifford, Nolan etc lots of ice time

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Guess who we meet in playoffs

That all depends on where the Kings finish, and it could be the 3rd round before they play a team from the Central, and they could not play any team from the Central in any round. Just have to wait and see how it plays out on that one before getting scared.

I also think it's worth noting that the entire team started their tear when Vey, Toffoli, and Pearson were first called up, and at the same time Clifford, Lewis, Fraser etc were all injured. Now they're all healthy again, Pearson and Vey are in Manch, and Toffoli is getting 9 minutes a night.

It's embarrassingly obvious how worthless most of our forward depth is. It's sad and pathetic that it takes injuries across the board to actually inject some talent into the lineup and win games.

Over the past four games this team has looked more or less how they looked at the beginning of the year. Couldn't be more upset with how management is handling this team, to be perfectly honest.

The Kings started their recent run because they stopped other teams from scoring. They really got into that run when Quick was injured and not sporting his .905 sv%. In 18 games with Quick healthy, the Kings averaged 2.67 goals per game(48 goals), and 2.39 goals against(43 goals). In the 23 games since Quick got hurt, 2.43 goals per game(56 goals), and 1.65 goals against(38 goals).

Take the last 4 games, and they were against Dallas, who has been a thorn in the side of the Kings for a couple years now, Nashville, who has always given the Kings problems, and Chicago, where the difference between the Kings beating Chicago or losing to them cannot possibly be Linden Vey(5 assists in 14 career games, 2 of those assists against the Islanders) and Tanner Pearson(1 goal in 6 career games, his 1 goal against the Islanders) at this point in time.

If the Kings are still losing after this upcoming home stand, then people can put that first foot on the ledge. Until then, I'd say enjoy the view of the water.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
lol at Sutter saying that we are a team that doesn't score much. Maybe that is because you only play Toffoli 9 minutes while giving Lewis, Clifford, Nolan etc lots of ice time

Clifford played almost as much as Toffoli last night. Lewis played 11 minutes, but he was a center, and played the PK. Nolan was on a different line, and played on the left side.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
You're not going to produce much offense when your 2nd and 3rd line centers are playing as poorly as Richards/Stoll are right now.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
You're not going to produce much offense when your 2nd and 3rd line centers are playing as poorly as Richards/Stoll are right now.

Richards was struggling and having a rookie on one side and nothing on the other was a large part of that and something Sutter finally realized and corrected by putting Stoll back where he belongs on the 3rd line.
Richards, as Sutter noted, has been better since then and played a good game last night. And any line is an equal share of 3 players. Brown is trying but still struggling and that is affecting that line for now, but that line looked better last night and will tomorrow , playing together more will help.
And Richards was the best center on this team for the first 18 games or so when Kopi was struggling. Every player has peaks and valleys.

When Sutter decided to move Carter to the 1st line, It created an imbalance with the roster he has now. I understand the premise of that decision, to have your most talented winger with your top center, but with the players had left and chose to put on the 2nd line, the other half of a top 6, that's not going to give you regular production on a gamely basis., and it hasn't. Stoll is not a top 6 player and that line did have some mted success, and that was due to Williams.
HAd he kept Carter wit Richards and Williams with Kopi, that gives you 2 lines with the threat to score due to talent not 1 .
SUtter likes his big line and that's fine, but he's counting on that line doing most of the scoring and for the majority of the games they've played, that hasn't panned out. IF DL does get an upgrade at LW,the team would hav a better chance of reg. scoring success rather than banking on the top line all the time.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Richards was struggling and having a rookie on one side and nothing on the other was a large part of that and something Sutter finally realized and corrected by putting Stoll back where he belongs on the 3rd line.
Richards, as Sutter noted, has been better since then and played a good game last night. And any line is an equal share of 3 players. Brown is trying but still struggling and that is affecting that line for now, but that line looked better last night and will tomorrow , playing together more will help.
And Richards was the best center on this team for the first 18 games or so when Kopi was struggling. Every player has peaks and valleys.
and once DL gets a top 6 LW, the top 6 will be better.

The problem with Richards is that he gets slower every year, and this year it's gotten really bad. He's so slow, that when he finds himself in an advantageous offensive situation he can't even take advantage of it.

He's also not anywhere near as good defensively as he used to be. Outside of Lewis, he has the worst +/- on the team of any player that sees regular ice time.

Kopitar had 17 points in the first 18 games of the season.

KingKopitar11*

The problem with Richards is that he gets slower every year, and this year it's gotten really bad. He's so slow, that when he finds himself in an advantageous offensive situation he can't even take advantage of it.

He's also not anywhere near as good defensively as he used to be. Outside of Lewis, he has the worst +/- on the team of any player that sees regular ice time.

I agree. Richards is pretty slow, he had two good opportunities to score a goal and he messed up the first one for not being quick enough for the open net. And another he just missed an open shot on a two on one. I know he played with Lewis and that sucks, but he isn't really doing anything out there, and defensively he's been.. Well really ******.

KingKopitar11*

But I do agree with you dee it doesn't help when you have no left winger and that's Dl's fault.

I don't know, maybe he just needs to get into better shape. I wonder what his work ethic is off the ice.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

Okay I apologize, I replied to your post before I saw the addy of the poster. Had I known it was you, I would not have replied. You don't like Richards and I should have known better
My mistake and one I won't make again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad