Waived: Tony DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
When Tony got here I thought he had very limited D, and very probably a bad attitude. I didn't want him and I hate his politics.

When he came into the team I could see he was better than I had feared, but I preferred Pionk and could take or leave him.

Last season I changed my mind. We had something really good here. His attitude often appeared a positive and his play was great. Even his D was ok.

Now, I don't know what to think. If there's been a fight then I imagine Tony deserves what he gets, but this one hurts, because despite his politics I'd come to like this guy and he can be a top PP dman in the NHL

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
People get chased around by the internet mob and call it "getting cancelled" but who ever actually faces any real repercussions? Louis CK got "cancelled" for being a dirty old creep and now he's back to doing comedy again. It's just a crutch people use instead of admitting they made a mistake.
It happens most to rumor mongering towards people or places that don't necessarily have a means of getting back to things as regular. An old man who streams games gets falsely accused of being a pedophile and it ruins him, yet even when it is proven unequivocally untrue the damage has already been done.

Finding an example where it didn't bounce the same way doesn't remove it from existence. Albeit it is more nuanced than most people would seem to attribute it to.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Some here are disappointed that TDA couldn’t develop and mature and that he was waived. We accept the outcome and move on despite the disappointment.

some are disappointed we didn’t move him sooner and won’t get any value for him if he is claimed. To them I say he never had much real value to begin with.

then there are those who are disappointed that he was waived because they think he didn’t do anything wrong. Or if he did it’s Quinn’s fault. To them I say this was part of a pattern of behavior and that in the end Tony couldn’t control himself when he was openly on notice from his coach and team.

Reactions: Alluckks

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Pretty clear they should have traded him last year. This guy has some serious personality issues and despite their outward optimism, it is beyond something a coach or veteran teammates can solve. Would be surprised if any team gives him a shot again any time soon.

A shame we're not able to get anything back for him, but best we are moving on and trying to keep the culture one of morality and integrity.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
You are an idiot dude, levying charges of racism

come again?

20210131_153928.jpg

That is cancel culture right there. Thinking he might have said something racist with nothing to back it up.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
The team has way more information than us. They didn’t wake up this morning and decide to flip a coin on whether or not to waive him based on last night

He’s been on the teams shit list for a while now and they said enough is enough

Like I said--if something more comes out, I may well look at things differently, but from what we know right now, this looks to be an overreaction. Staple his ass to the press box for a couple of weeks--get Bitetto ALL the games he needs for the expansion draft. Get a re-set going, and then try and fix it. Teammates have fought each other before without the players being jettisoned. The team has also made SEVERAL questionable decisions before, so I don't give them quite the benefit of the doubt that you do. By waiving him, they are gambling that someone takes their problem for them. If ADA isn't claimed, they are screwed and we likely end up with MORE dead cap.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Do you think we didn't try to trade him?

It's been said here that we've tried for weeks
I havent read all 24 pages of this, so i’m not sure if that was reported in there, but i’ve never read anything about the Ranger’s making it known to other teams DeAngelo was available for trade.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
When Tony got here I thought he had very limited D, and very probably a bad attitude. I didn't want him and I hate his politics.

When he came into the team I could see he was better than I had feared, but I preferred Pionk and could take or leave him.

Last season I changed my mind. We had something really good here. His attitude often appeared a positive and his play was great. Even his D was ok.

Now, I don't know what to think. If there's been a fight then I imagine Tony deserves what he gets, but this one hurts, because despite his politics I'd come to like this guy and he can be a top PP dman in the NHL
This sums up pretty much how I feel (minus preferring Pionk). Its like we put in the investment in this guy and gave him another chance and he blossomed into a 50 point dman.

Obviously you can't start fights with your teammates, but can you really blame him for being upset with Geo on that play? And at least someone was pissed about the way this season has been going. I have no doubt he crossed a line, but he had legitimate reasons to be frustrated.

Not a great person, but he seemed like he was becoming a good hockey player. This just sucks. This move absolutely tanks any value he had. Even an underwhelming offer would be better than this now. Even if no one bites on the waivers, we are actively signaling that we will give him away for free

Reactions: Maliks PlusMinus

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
Very easy for people to say they should have traded him (and strome). By all accounts from out people with connections to the organization they did explore trades. Clearly there wasnt a reasonable trade to be made.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Does anyone have any facts about what happened? What happens to AG if he is just as culpable? Nothing?

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
lol as soon as I saw Georgiev misplay that puck behind the net from DeAngelo I knew DeAngelo was going to be pissed at him. never thought it would end up like this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad