Waived: Tony DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
your supporting only your MO at this point. Enjoy

I'm sorry you don't understand the point.

It is funny, though, that you're disagreeing with what I said was my point.

Instead, you've created a different argument and accusing me of being wrong about it.

This explains TikTok videos.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
I was really hoping TDA would grow up, show some maturity and round off his game. It’s undeniable the guy has serious skills. It’s also undeniable now that he can’t restrain himself when it’s needed most.

Reactions: egelband

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Can you honestly say any of these guys deserve it?

i would have thought Kreider would have got the C. Does he deserve it? Maybe not but without leadership who do we blame? Is the head coaching leading? Who is? Who will?

What type of message does management send to a team which . . . the list is growing rather quickly. The cop-out are the few viewing this as solely an ADA thing while ignoring the rest. There is a lot of tension on this team

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
DeAngelo got into or provoked a physical altercation with his goalie in the tunnel...that is just wholly unacceptable by anyone. That just cannot under any circumstance happen.

Even if he never even had a twitter or previous incidents of lack of impulse control, the player who does that is likely being waived or facing serious discipline / team suspension.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
As someone who was a goalie, don’t call me out after I let in a bad goal. Especially a game winning goal where I feel like shit for letting my team down.

You have to be a real asshole to do that. Teammates need to have each other’s backs.

This is one of the only level-headed posts I've seen thus far in this thread. As someone who used to coach, I always told my guys that they'd be benched if they started chirping each other during a game--that it was their job to pick each other up. The best thing in the world to see as a coach is when the other team starts yelling at each other or the ref, because it means their heads are out of the game.

So much of the rest of this--24+ pages of this--is overreaction, and I wonder how much the team is overreacting as well. I've seen:

-People saying it was a good move because he's a Trump supporter. I'm about as far Left as you can get, but you don't throw away an asset because of his politics, and I guarantee you ADA ain't the only Trumper on this roster.

-People calling ADA a racist and pointing to the juniors incident. As has been pointed out repeatedly, the incident in juniors happened in the locker room during a season in which Sarnia did not have ANY Black players. My guess is that it was a homophobic comment, which is covered under the same rule he was punished for. That doesn't make it much better, but we need to stop calling him a proven racist when there isn't any verifiable history.

-People saying he should be cut because he fought a teammate. Should all of these players be cut as well?

Look, I think ADA should be traded as well, mainly because of the depth on the right side of the D. But 8 games in to a two year extension? Unless something egregious happened, there are better ways to handle it than waiving him. Thus far (and as more info comes out, I may change my mind on this), ADA's punishment doesn't really fit his "crimes." Also, by waiving him, you've pretty much eliminated ANY trade value he might have had (value that would raise the further into his contract, as the commitment would be shorter for the receiving team). If, as expected, he clears waivers, we suddenly find ourselves in a situation where we will either need to have him on the Taxi squad (around the main team, being all toxic) or in Hartford (around prospects, being all toxic). The whole thing just feels like a knee-jerk reaction where the team made a decision based on emotion without thinking any of it through from a logical standpoint.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I'm sorry you don't understand the point.

It is funny, though, that you're disagreeing with what I said was my point.

Instead, you've created a different argument and accusing me of being wrong about it.

This explains TikTok videos.

Your MO includes insulting people with Tiktok. Your pattern continues.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I'm more interested in now knowing why TDA was scratched for 2 games than this.

You don't give 9.6 million to someone that is on the last leg of patience.

Whatever happened, has been the last two weeks, and would like to know all sides of it before I ignorantly spew like alot are doing right now on both ends of the spectrum.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The whole thing just feels like a knee-jerk reaction where the team made a decision based on emotion without thinking any of it through from a logical standpoint.
The team has way more information than us. They didn’t wake up this morning and decide to flip a coin on whether or not to waive him based on last night

He’s been on the teams shit list for a while now and they said enough is enough

Reactions: leetch99

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Remember the one day experiment of putting him on the left side of the defense? Soundbites from the coach and player about how it'll work out, then they try it in a scrimmage game, his team gives up a touchdown, and no one ever talks about it again.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean Pittsburgh is playing their 12th dman tomorrow night. 12th. There’s no excuse for not winning more games

I honestly don’t know what to think anymore but this season to me is an off season, and if this is shit it going to happen, this is the best time for it and not in Oct/Nov.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
DeAngelo got into or provoked a physical altercation with his goalie in the tunnel...that is just wholly unacceptable by anyone. That just cannot under any circumstance happen.

Even if he never even had a twitter or previous incidents of lack of impulse control, the player who does that is likely being waived or facing serious discipline / team suspension.

I don't disagree with any of this.

But if all things are fair, Short of getting jumped and defending himself, Geo should be disciplined too.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Do you think we didn't try to trade him?

It's been said here that we've tried for weeks

how many NHL GM’s laughed and didn’t sense a red flag when a player is offered after only 6 games while that same team didn’t move the guy at the deadline last year?

Thankfully the contract isn’t long or this would be as ridiculous as Dave Gettleman resigning OBJ not to trade him and then traded him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad