Seravalli: Tony D to Toronto?

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
The guy's a prick and doesn't need anyone here apologizing for him. If Toronto wants to add a prick to their roster, so be it. Maybe him and all the pricks Montreal is piling up can fight.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Not true

“The last few years especially, since Trump, there’s been a lot of back-and-forth from both sides in conversations within the room,” [Marc Staal] said. “But guys never got offended. Tony doesn’t back down, that’s just who he is, but politics never became an issue on our team.”

lmao. "Doesn't back down" sweet Jesus. That's code speak for "He gets more ornery when someone tells him to shut up because he constantly makes politics an issue and people are annoyed versus offended"

Reactions: Bourdon

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I have no issue with being vocal about political affiliation (I worked in politics at one point) but you can definitely go to far to the point where it passes people off. I've I've it from both sides of the isle where someone disagrees with a person and they get very accusatory and or defensive.

Don't want to get to far into it as that would he more off topic but showing up to practice wearing a MAGA hat is one thing being obnoxious about it is another.
If he's obnoxious and acts like a dink sometimes he should join HF Boards. We have 1000s of people like that who post daily. He would fit right in :laugh:

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I mean talent wise he's better than Holl, probably will come cheaper too, so there is the fit, plug he played in the Soo and that REALLY matters to Dubas.

but then there is the drama

He doesn't play the role Holl does. That Muzzin pairing is a shutdown pair. Not exactly Tony's role, unless you're talking about him shutting down his career.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
lmao. "Doesn't back down" sweet Jesus. That's code speak for "He gets more ornery when someone tells him to shut up because he constantly makes politics an issue and people are annoyed versus offended"

So I guess “politics never because an issue on our team” isn’t something your able to understand.

But, we all know that if you’re determined to see something, that’s all you’ll see.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So I guess “politics never because an issue on our team” isn’t something your able to understand.

But, we all know that if you’re determined to see something, that’s all you’ll see.

Good thing I'm talking about DeAngelo being the issue and not his political beliefs. He has like 2 suspensions for verbal abuse to an official as a junior player, got shit canned in Syracuse and suspended for his behavior, at least one instance of a racial remark and makes burner Twitter accounts. Staal is otherwise telling the truth that a locker room is otherwise capable of handling political differences with grace and professionalism. But if you think this dude wasn't being a twit on the regular about this you're seeing what you're determined to see.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
How is DeAngelo compared to Erik Gusfafsson who got 60 pts in 79 games ? I find that Gustafsson is quite bad when he played for Habs.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
More offense wide a team that needs defense. However, If he comes cheap then I can see why
this is so wrong its not even close. Our defense is fine. For the umpteenth playoff in a row we couldn't f***ing score. We kept the puck out of our net JUST fine. JFC.

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
Of course he can say whatever he wants, but the guy was liking anti-semitic tweets and retweeting qanon garbage. Clearly he wasn't wanted in NYC. Nobody wants a lockerroom cancer on their team.
I don’t believe he has liked anti Semitic tweets. Anyone preaching hate or encouraging it, is not someone I would stand by. But I think you are misinformed. If you can show me this, it would be much appreciated.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I'm so tired of it. Sure, hold assholes accountable, but do just that. Hold them accountable and actually give them a chance to account for it. Don't just cancel everyone and everything in a misplaced pursuit of a perfect sunshine and rainbows utopia.

the thing is... he's not "accounting for it" . By all accounts he is completely unrepentant and keeps doing the same things over and over again. He clearly has some issues with anger and authority and despite being disciplined/benched for it on almost every team he's ever been on, when he gets frustrated it happens again. And that doesn't even get into the more PC aspects... slurs, spreading anti-vax and covid hoax propaganda, saying he'll meet fans irl to fight. Dude is a hot mess and it has very little to do with "cancel culture"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad