Seravalli: Tony D to Toronto?

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I can’t speak to the rest. But did he get into a fight? Or did his goalie sucker him?

He made a comment to Georgiev after a loss. Probably busted his balls. At least that is the assumption. Georgiev hauled off and clocked Tony D. He kept going after him. It was broken up by Trouba and K Andre Miller.

He's guilty of running his mouth. He probably did that a lil too much. To the point where he's was in hot water with the organization. The whole event was blown out of proportion when a NYR blogger threw the racism shit in there. The Rangers came out publicly and denied it. Players did as well, including K'Andre who's agent responded that none of what the blogger claimed was true. The power of social media however wouldn't let it die.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Idk if this is actually true or not but I wouldnt be shocked if Keefe thinks he can "rehabilitate" Tony. He coached him in Junior and can probably be had for fairly cheap on a 1 year. I'm not so sure if he'd be a fit in the locker room or on the ice, but I don't get to make that call.

I guess if he signed and has a bad attitude we can always strap him to a gurney hannibal lector style :laugh:.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If a team has a strong leadership group and they have a talk with him about how they expect players to conduct themselves and he agrees to that on a one year deal I do not see any reason a team should not sign him. As long as he does not disrupt the team or negatively affect the locker room. Give him a chance on a one year deal and see how it goes. He must have been reasonably well behaved for the most part to get the multi-year deal from the Rangers in the first place. Maybe he will mature and realize he is going to run out of chances. He does sound like a complete douchebag as a person but if he can keep it all business at the rink and not bring negative attention to the team, he deserves a shot. Anyone that defends his behavior is a complete loser though, most people do not do what he has done at any age in social environments. He needs to grow up and be a professional if he wants his hockey career to continue and excel.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If anyone can show me a post Tony D made on Twitter in which he used a racial slur, i will paypal you $1000.

I love reading the posts from the 'holier than thou' people on here. Im sure you guys are just all around terrible to be around in person.
No one is going to call you on this because the loudest people constantly on this issue calling him a racist are only pushing a tired narrative. There never have been tweets. We live in a time where people screen cap these things if they're on there for a second.

Reactions: Bluto

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I wish DeAngelo nothing but the worst going forward so hopefully Toronto doesn’t actually sign him

It’s funny how all Tony’s teammates seemed to say the exact opposite of this after he was released by the Rangers.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Slightly off topic but interesting non the less, something a lot of people miss is that Trump's Policy itself was fairly mainstream basic b**** moderate Republican. His antics on the other hand were not.

Exactly - it was very mainstream. You put any other Republican in his position and they most likely win handily. Trump is just that big of an idiot to screw it up. Similar to Tony DeAngelo, if Trump just shut his mouth he would have won

Reactions: Captain97

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
It’s funny how all Tony’s teammates seemed to say the exact opposite of this after he was released by the Rangers.
Nah, he was an asset to the team and because of his actions and not being able to shut his mouth, he ended up being worthless to the Rangers

so f*** him

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
What did he do???? Hes a first round pick, right shot dman that just put up 53 points (15 goals) thats 25 years old

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I don't know the whole story but if this is the main reason that's pretty sad. Who gives a cap about political preference.

Supposedly it wasn't that he was a Maga guy, rather he allowed it to be a huge part of his personality and was in people's face about it.

He also apparently made poorly timed jokes about one of the Rangers goalies performances in a game.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Supposedly it wasn't that he was a Maga guy, rather he allowed it to be a huge part of his personality and was in people's face about it.

Not true

“The last few years especially, since Trump, there’s been a lot of back-and-forth from both sides in conversations within the room,” [Marc Staal] said. “But guys never got offended. Tony doesn’t back down, that’s just who he is, but politics never became an issue on our team.”

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

He also apparently made poorly timed jokes about one of the Rangers goalies performances in a game.
I remember the goalie comment story and he got a punch in the head for his trouble. Lol

If he wants to vocal about his political affiliation who cares honestly. Lots of different personalities in a dressing room

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I remember the goalie comment story and he got a punch in the head for his trouble. Lol

If he wants to vocal about his political affiliation who cares honestly.

I have no issue with being vocal about political affiliation (I worked in politics at one point) but you can definitely go to far to the point where it passes people off. I've I've it from both sides of the isle where someone disagrees with a person and they get very accusatory and or defensive.

Don't want to get to far into it as that would he more off topic but showing up to practice wearing a MAGA hat is one thing being obnoxious about it is another.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not true

“The last few years especially, since Trump, there’s been a lot of back-and-forth from both sides in conversations within the room,” [Marc Staal] said. “But guys never got offended. Tony doesn’t back down, that’s just who he is, but politics never became an issue on our team.”

Yeah well Marc wasn't on the Rangers anymore the months before D'Angelo got kicked off the Rangers.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Toronto signs ADA
Ottawa gives Virtanen a shot.

Eastern Canada does a Scum-off the way ten years ago they were doing nuclear arms races.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad