Player Discussion Tomas Plekanec - Plekasex Edition

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I know of a few people who predicted that it

Look at the Plekanec extension thread. You will be surprised how many people were thrilled about it. You will be really surprised.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Radulov in the warmups plays with more intensity than Plek in games

Plek is a big joke, and the blame is all on himself, he plays with no desire whatsoever

It would be nice if Radulov showed some of that intensity in the actual game. He wasn't much better.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Look at the Plekanec extension thread. You will be surprised how many people were thrilled about it. You will be really surprised.

No I won't...Again, I'll repeat what I said in that thread

The best part is it was just 2yrs as I was expecting him to sign for 4-5yrs.

I don't really have an issue with his contract, it'll be done this time next year, that's a pill that I can swallow.

What I commented on was someone saying no one could of predicted his offensive downfall.

That would be incorrect...A few people did

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If I recall I was fine with re-signing Pleks and I was glad it was for two years only. I never expected him to become an offensive black hole though. Seriously that guy has fallen off a cliff.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No I won't...Again, I'll repeat what I said in that thread

The best part is it was just 2yrs as I was expecting him to sign for 4-5yrs.

I don't really have an issue with his contract, it'll be done this time next year, that's a pill that I can swallow.

What I commented on was someone saying no one could of predicted his offensive downfall.

That would be incorrect...A few people did

And again, look at the thread. And show me the few people that did. Well....my comment in that thread was that I hated the money, I loved the term too. Yet, everything is about the playoffs and how he could finally show up. And he didn't. And still doesn't. So a downfall offensively....not sure. But a lack of showing up in important games? Absolutely.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
And again, look at the thread. And show me the few people that did. Well....my comment in that thread was that I hated the money, I loved the term too. Yet, everything is about the playoffs and how he could finally show up. And he didn't. And still doesn't. So a downfall offensively....not sure. But a lack of showing up in important games? Absolutely.

You know my post history on Plekanec, him crashing down now, is not a surprise to me.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Plekanec with a Playoff Warrior performance tonight. :scared:

Absolute clutch goal and monster game by Plekanec!

2 point night, tied the game with 17 games left when all hope was lost!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

He showed up tonight in spades!

Last edited:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

Plekanec goes into Habs history for his Playoff Warrior performance tonight! :nod:

Last edited:

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Wow best playoff game ever by Plekanec. It's never too late I guess to become a playoff performer.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Plekanec goes into Habs history for his Playoff Warrior performance tonight! :nod:

For all those that actually pay attention to the game, no surprise that Tomas comes through hard in the playoffs, usually checking the opposition's best center. Tonight he came through with the most important goal in the SC playoffs for the Habs against the NYR's. Whose confidence took a huge blow tonight, the Habs as they have all season, came through the 3rd period, snatching victory from the Rangers with 17.3 seconds remaining. Off of the oft maligned Plekanec's stick, right in front of the NYR's Lungtwist, whose game became a living nightmare, once again @ the Bell Centre.

Go Habs Go!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

I can barely wait to see Tomas skating with the Stanley Cup held high, as the Habs become Champions once again in the new millennium!!!...:yo::yo::yo:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Definitely not a huge pleks fan but he still has that game 1 ot goal against Theodore and the Caps in '10.

He's not an utter playoff dud. Pretty big factor in shutting down Ovi and Crosby that year.

Good for him. They were pretty much the best line tonight. Let's hope he keeps it up.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
After the game in the dressing room, Canadiens public address announcer Michel Lacroix quietly offered Plekanec the puck from his goal. He suggested to Lacroix that he put it on eBay.

"I don't know, it's a goal," Plekanec said later when asked why he didn't take it. "I mean, I'm not going to take a puck for every single goal. It was a big goal but …"

Plekanec's words trailed off.

He is 34 and has had a tremendous career, 10th in Canadiens history in games played (921) and 16th in points (581), leaving a mark on the most storied team in the NHL.

But this season was a difficult one, and because of that it wasn't just another big goal, and at that moment he seemed to realize it.
"You know what?" Plekanec said. "I'm going to go take it."

That moment is one that is worth remembering.

https://www.nhl.com/news/tomas-plek...canadiens-in-game-2/c-288801876?tid=287341416

This might be his last season with us, so for his sake I hope he has a few more of these memorable moments before these playoffs end.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Best game I've seen from him in a long long time.

It was like the Plekanec during his prime was back for one night.

While he can't get the old speed back, he did play with a certain passion tonight. It would be huge if he could play like this for the rest of the playoffs.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Best center by far out there!

If he can keep this up we can dream!

I want to see him on the power play over Shaw for sure. He's still good on the half wall imo. Radulov and Pleks on each half wall and Max in front of the net/in the slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad