Player Discussion Tomas Plekanec - Plekasex Edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
As this could very well be the last thread ever for Pleks here as a Hab, we needed to name it properly. He may not be the player he used to be but he was a good soldier for us over the years. Would love to see him step it up in the playoffs and go out with a bang but if he doesn't, at least we'll always have this:

23qxdhl.jpg

Reactions: MasterMatt25

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I thought he played a great game tonight. His whole line was good. He was very involved all over the ice. Loved the headlock on Chaisson after the Gallagher hit. :laugh:

He and Byron are solid together especially on the p.k.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
We should've learned from the Gomez fiasco not to extend or sign floating, non-physical players in their mid to late 30s. At least Gomez had talent, Pleks has always been a grinder. Now he's not even grinding.

Plekanec should play in Arizona or Colorado next year.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
We should've learned from the Gomez fiasco not to extend or sign floating, non-physical players in their mid to late 30s. At least Gomez had talent, Pleks has always been a grinder. Now he's not even grinding.

As long as it ain't here. I Have never been more tired of watching and tolerating a Montreal Canadien.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016

Grind and Pleks are not two words I would have associated together ever... yes always played soft, like 4 ply double sheets cashmere soft.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I thought he played a great game tonight. His whole line was good. He was very involved all over the ice. Loved the headlock on Chaisson after the Gallagher hit. :laugh:

Not a player in the league that cant kill penalties when put out there to do so.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

He also had a nice goal off the set-up from Weber but Anderson made a nice save

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He's playing better but it's still far from enough at his salary. It's something MB will need to solve this summer.

At 6 millions you absolutely need to be a ~50 points player.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
(mod)
Good game from Plekanec last night, hopefully a few more like those the rest of the year

Last edited by a moderator:

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
(mod)
Last night Pleky played marginally better than the usual sad sack performances he's now been accustomed to delivering, but that still doesn't call for any sort of pat on the back, he's not some child that needs to be cradled.

He is what he is at this point. Shows just how far he's fallen when a 'fine' performance from him is now considered "great" and somehow deserves all the adoration and applause from habs fan everywhere!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think he's been good playing with Gallagher and Byron.

But I wish he's gone this summer. Whether you throw a pick Vegas' way to select him or trade him and offer to retain at most 50% of his final year. I'd rather pay him 3M to be off my roster than 6M to be on it. Plekanec at 2.5M in salary and 3M on the cap for one season can be enticing for teams to trade for him.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Not a player in the league that cant kill penalties when put out there to do so.
Yeah I only rate players as good PKers if they're very quick and can divert pressure away, or superhuman on FOs, or super strong along the boards. Standing around and picking off lanes is much easier to do if you're good enough to be in the NHL.

I wasn't referring to last night's game, by the way, but in general. Veteran players shouldn't need to be praised after every performance where they don't happen to look explicitly terrible.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think he's been good playing with Gallagher and Byron.

The line has been good recently. But think about this. People **** on Beaulieu saying his offense is not good enough to cover for his blunders. Yet Beaulieu who is a 2nd to 3rd pairing dman who apparently is not good enough offensively has the same amount of points as Plekanec in 5 less games played.

That's something. That's how bad Plekasex has been offensively this year. I mean AG has almost 20 more points in almost 20 less games played and AG has a slightly lackluster year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The line has been good recently. But think about this. People **** on Beaulieu saying his offense is not good enough to cover for his blunders. Yet Beaulieu who is a 2nd to 3rd pairing dman who apparently is not good enough offensively has the same amount of points as Plekanec in 5 less games played.

That's something. That's how bad Plekasex has been offensively this year. I mean AG has almost 20 more points in almost 20 less games played and AG has a slightly lackluster year.

I am in complete agreement with you. The fact he's been playing better with #11 and #41 doesn't make me think he's back to his old self again. I still want him off the team.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
(mod)

Plek played well and should have boat loads of energy stored up for the post season. :sarcasm:

Gomez91

Fala!!
Nov 27, 2011
Where I want

Wonder which center you can get for say 6 million that isn't a streaky goal scorer and gives up like Pleks does consistently including the playoffs? Nice how you point out his good play when everyone played well last night but when we need that effort such as the Detroit or Carolina games he was invisible to say the least.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
:laugh:

Nate has more points than Plekanec...and gets ripped by Plekanec fans for lack of offense. :laugh: A 3rd pair/sometimes healthy scratch Dman making $$ loose change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->