Confirmed with Link: Tomas Plekanec (50% Retained) + Kyle Baun to Maple Leafs for 2018 2nd Rd Pick, Rychel, Valiev

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
he is not delusional, he is a pathological liar . He lies to save his job simple as that. He knows he has the french media in his pocket, and he plays to that.
He lies to save his job.........which is pretty much what everyone here would do to :laugh:

Like, every gm lies in the league, all coaches lie and all players lie.....it’s not ground breaking stuff man!! lol

Reactions: MakeTheGoalsLarger

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
"we have a lot of good pieces" sounds like you are talking about a pizza.

So do the 30 other teams. "Better pieces", and better centermen, better D, better rookies, better goal scorers, better playmakers, better GM, better farm teams, better scouts, better prospects, better coaching staffs, better veterans, better captains, better ownership, and better leadership,

Yes Montreal has "some good pieces"..........so has every last place team that ever existed.
There is so much real in this post.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
"we have a lot of good pieces" sounds like you are talking about a pizza.

So do the 30 other teams. "Better pieces", and better centermen, better D, better rookies, better goal scorers, better playmakers, better GM, better farm teams, better scouts, better prospects, better coaching staffs, better veterans, better captains, better ownership, and better leadership,

Yes Montreal has "some good pieces"..........so has every last place team that ever existed.

... many true statements here.

I just think: get rid of Bergevin and Julien and I like what there is to work with.

I don't despise this roster like some. I despise that it could be so much better if Bergevin hadn't made key mistakes.

As of now, if he's fired this moment, there's a lot to work with and build on. If you don't fire him, with a couple more disastrous moves and it would not only suck now, but be beyond redemption.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He was fine in 2015-16. You are not objective when you talk about Plecky, even when he was good you hated him.
That's not even remotely true. I think I've always made a point to recognize the things Plekanec did well.

Furthermore, he wasn't 'fine' in 2015-16...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He was fine in 2015-16. You are not objective when you talk about Plecky, even when he was good you hated him.
That's simply not true...being critical of a player or his usage, is not hating him.

What I said was true...it's not my fault you couldn't face the truth.

And again, he was not fine in 2015-16...it's basically when his production started to crater.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
@417 was right about Plekanec, he said that he wasn't what the Habs needed, and he's called for the Habs to move on from Plekanec earlier, much earlier, than most did. Ultimately it was useless to have Plekanec here the last three years, and we might have gotten additional picks.
Been calling to trade him every deadline since MB took over.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Sad that we as fans have nothing to look forward to until this inept management team is shown the door. Expecting different results with Bergevin at the helm is pure insanity

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
All I know is if the Leafs win the cup, then Bergevin will give Pleks 5 mill/year to come back since he is a cup winning centre.
We really can't afford a Leafs cup.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
All I know is if the Leafs win the cup, then Bergevin will give Pleks 5 mill/year to come back since he is a cup winning centre.
We really can't afford a Leafs cup.
i disagree, a leafs cup would be the best for the habs to see the light and move to the new era

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad