Confirmed with Link: Tomas Plekanec (50% Retained) + Kyle Baun to Maple Leafs for 2018 2nd Rd Pick, Rychel, Valiev

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I honestly don't know how we can say we have a top 6, in all of my years as a habs fan this has to be the worst roster I have watched.

I just disagree. We have a lot of good pieces. Bergevin really screwed up letting Radulov walking without making him an offer he couldn't refuse. But we still have better surrounding pieces in the top six. We need to find another Radulov.

Last year, Gallagher wasn't top six due to his injuries. Now he's back and better than ever. Scherbak looks ineffective offensively when outside the top six, but comes alive when he plays with other offensive players. Plus you have Galchenyuk, Drouin, and Pacioretty.

and, it doesn't help that Julien kills the offense with his line combos and what position he plays players.

Pacioretty Drouin *Radulov
Scherbak Galchenyuk Gllagher

*need to find his replacement

We're one player away from having a good top six.

Plus, Gallagher Galchenyuk, Drouin, and Sherbak are all 25 and under and will all be better next year. Pacioretty can be traded for a 5th young piece and then we need to replace Radulov for that 6th piece.

Reactions: ChoseLa

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I just disagree. We have a lot of good pieces. Bergevin really screwed up letting Radulov walking without making him an offer he couldn't refuse. But we still have better surrounding pieces in the top six. We need to find another Radulov.

Last year, Gallagher wasn't top six due to his injuries. Now he's back and better than ever. Scherbak looks ineffective offensively when outside the top six, but comes alive when he plays with other offensive players. Plus you have Galchenyuk, Drouin, and Pacioretty.

and, it doesn't help that Julien kills the offense with his line combos and what position he plays players.

Plus, Gallagher Galchenyuk, Drouin, and Sherbak are all 25 and under and will all be better next year. Pacioretty can be traded for a 5th young piece and then we need to replace Radulov for that 6th piece.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tyson and Tighthead

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't know what else needs to happen in this downward spiral? Is anyone of note even getting fired?
They have lowered the bar so far over the last 5 years ................. its like "why should we fire anyone, is there a problem" ?? :laugh:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If anything sign Plekz to 1yr, league minimum, and buy him out after his 1000th game.

Dude is finished.
How about forgetting the sentimental bull shit and just working on getting a competitive team.

Pleks played 200 too many games in Montreal.

His fans can cut the friggin cord already.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
They have lowered the bar so far over the last 5 years ................. its like "why should we fire anyone, is there a problem" ?? :laugh:
They are just like any of the executives on the beer side of things, profits are still there despite the terrible on ice product so why bother?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

"we have a lot of good pieces" sounds like you are talking about a pizza.

So do the 30 other teams. "Better pieces", and better centermen, better D, better rookies, better goal scorers, better playmakers, better GM, better farm teams, better scouts, better prospects, better coaching staffs, better veterans, better captains, better ownership, and better leadership,

Yes Montreal has "some good pieces"..........so has every last place team that ever existed.

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
"we have a lot of good pieces" sounds like you are talking about a pizza.

So do the 30 other teams. "Better pieces", and better centermen, better D, better rookies, better goal scorers, better playmakers, better GM, better farm teams, better scouts, better prospects, better coaching staffs, better veterans, better captains, better ownership, and better leadership,

Yes Montreal has "some good pieces"..........so has every last place team that ever existed.

Pizza gaslighting, never seen that before

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He was fine in 2015-16. You are not objective when you talk about Plecky, even when he was good you hated him.
everyone hated that the habs had tu say to the league "Tomas Plekanec is our number one center" long before 015/016. That was on the Canadiens more than Pleks (or DD)

But for the last two seasons and always in play offs......he was shitless

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I'm quite sure Bergevin believes he can make a few moves and "win now". He's as delusional as he is incompetent and stubborn.

he is not delusional, he is a pathological liar . He lies to save his job simple as that. He knows he has the french media in his pocket, and he plays to that.

Reactions: PaulD

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
he is not delusional, he is a pathological liar . He lies to save his job simple as that. He knows he has the french media in his pocket, and he plays to that.

Why not both? :laugh: Bergevin believes he's built a great team but his players are letting him down. If that isn't delusional, I honestly don't know what would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad