Confirmed with Link: Tomas Plekanec (50% Retained) + Kyle Baun to Maple Leafs for 2018 2nd Rd Pick, Rychel, Valiev

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The only conclusion ANY person should reach watching Plekanec away from Montreal the last few weeks is;

How the hell have the Montreal Canadiens used this guy as a top 6C the last few years????
Told every leaf fan friend this is what Plekanec would give them..........nothing

Reactions: 417

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Bergy will bring him back for another 6 million, 2 year deal, just watch. God he sucks out there, on any team

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Told every leaf fan friend this is what Plekanec would give them..........nothing
Leafs should of traded for Torrey Mitchell from the Habs before the Kings did...he's played pretty well for them.

Matched Plekanec's goal totals in LA in 49 games.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Leafs should of traded for Torrey Mitchell from the Habs before the Kings did...he's played pretty well for them.

Matched Plekanec's goal totals in LA in 49 games.
Or DD

Habs centers leave to go flounder on other terams.

Go Larry !

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
I just hope the Habs stay away from Pleks this off season.
Ha ha... nice one. If I remember when he was traded, the talks surrounding Pleks made it seem like there was some kind of unsaid agreement that he could return this summer. I might be wrong on this but it felt like a "this is see you later, not goodbye" kinda parting of ways.

In any case, be prepared for a Pleks return if he wants to comeback here. :nod:

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Ha ha... nice one. If I remember when he was traded, the talks surrounding Pleks made it seem like there was some kind of unsaid agreement that he could return this summer. I might be wrong on this but it felt like a "this is see you later, not goodbye" kinda parting of ways.

In any case, be prepared for a Pleks return if he wants to comeback here. :nod:

Julien is drooling at the idea that Pleks could be back :help: Anyhow, hope this is all speculation and I'm hoping Pleks joins Jagr in Europe to end his career.

Reactions: PuckSeparator

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Julien is drooling at the idea that Pleks could be back :help: Anyhow, hope this is all speculation and I'm hoping Pleks joins Jagr in Europe to end his career.
Not just Julien... Bergie obviously doesn't see Galchenyuk as a C, so he'll probably be actively looking for one. ;)

But yeah, I don't think I could stomach one more second of Plekachu in a Habs jersey. This guy has come to embody everything I despise about the last 8-9 years about this team: small, soft, low-skill, a penchant to play even worse in the POs, basically everything Bargainbin attributes to having a good "attitude", which is why I'm worried. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Justin11 and 417

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Honestly guys, I'm not happy with your attitude towards Plekanec. The guy is finished, ok, he was a black hole offensively for the past 2 years in his old age. But he played with that jersey for nearly 1000 games and you guys are pissing on him like he is an old discarded sock.

Reactions: Harpo

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Honestly guys, I'm not happy with your attitude towards Plekanec. The guy is finished, ok, he was a black hole offensively for the past 2 years in his old age. But he played with that jersey for nearly 1000 games and you guys are pissing on him like he is an old discarded sock.

You just admitted he was a 'black hole', has sucked the last 2 years, and he is finished. But then you are upset he is being treated like an old sock. I hope you aren't a lawyer.

Reactions: dralaf

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
You just admitted he was a 'black hole', has sucked the last 2 years, and he is finished. But then you are upset he is being treated like an old sock. I hope you aren't a lawyer.

Go back to reading 101. Black hole offensively doesn't mean "Sucking". He was useful in many other ways. Many skilled offensive players are not star defensively, does that mean they suck? And yes today he is done, just like Jagr is done, and many other former players. I don't see anyone giving them the same treatment as Plekanec gets here

Reactions: Harpo

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
At the end of the day nobody cares about how many games you played. Pro sports is a "What have you done for me lately?" business and the best teams are the ones which make player personnel decisions based on cold, hard statistics rather than on nostalgia about what a given player used to be able to do. One of the biggest reasons why the New England Patriots remain an elite team year after year is because they aren't sentimental about players. Belichick would rather get rid of a guy a year too early than hang on to him a year too long. It's cut-throat but it's effective. There's no room for sentiment when you're running a franchise. The fact that Sly is an old friend of Bergevin shouldn't enter into the equation. He shouldn't have been hired based on that friendship nor should he get to keep his job because of it. But this is the Habs so not only does this incompetent idiot get hired by his buddy the incompetent GM, he doesn't even lose his job when he fails miserably at it. No, he doesn't get fired. He gets promoted!

Bringing back Plekanec would be for only one reason: so he can play his 1000th game in a Habs uniform and give the organization another reason to stage a money-grabbing pre-game ceremony. It's got nothing to do with trying to win hockey games. Plekanec does not move the needle. He never did. Signing him for a farewell tour is a waste of cap space and a roster spot. If Bergevin cannot honestly find anyone better then he needs to just kill himself because he is a failure at living.

The fact that Plekanec was allowed to play that many games despite what little he brings to the table is a damning indictment of the Habs' player development system.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Go back to reading 101. Black hole offensively doesn't mean "Sucking". He was useful in many other ways. Many skilled offensive players are not star defensively, does that mean they suck? And yes today he is done, just like Jagr is done, and many other former players. I don't see anyone giving them the same treatment as Plekanec gets here

Perhaps you should go back to 'reading 101'. You trashed him yourself, then you have this triggered outrage that people are trashing him themselves. See the hypocrisy there? The guy was paid a ton of money to be a very unproductive player in Montreal, and it has transitioned to Toronto.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
He's not wrong. Fine the guy is having a hard time but the disrespects he gets after many year of being one of our best player is downright disgusting.

So fans aren't allowed to roll their eyes at his enormous salary, and return on investment he delivered? If all we should be showing is respect, is it ok for him to play another 5 years at 6million per, because of his history here?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
ha ha, i don't think Pleky is finished....well finished at 5-6 million ok...but i think he doesn't really want to be in TO,born a Habs and that were his heart is...but he took one for the team so to speak...forcing him to shave his goat off, that's something he probably preferred not to do....seems small, but for a guy who wore it all those year, it means something.....if he doesnt come back to Montreal watch Nashville try for him...lol the gm has a real like for former Habs ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad