Player Discussion Tomas Fleischmann

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Hopefully. I think despite many claims otherwise Montreal is looking like a good place to play.

Subban won the Norris, Price won the vezina, Pacioretty is a premium goal scorer who ranked 4th in selke voting last year.

I mean, Markov is the ageless wonder, Galchenyuk on the rise.

Much to like about the habs team.

The biggest question for UFAs is if they see a fit on the habs. Centers would run away fairly quickly but a talented RW with a right handed shot? He just might call bergevin first looking for a chance to inflate his stats.

You might be right. We have seen enough cases to conclude that the Europeans generally like the idea of playing here.

But Petry's case surprised me a bit. He signed without even testing the market, when his hometown red wings probably would have been a strong suitor for his services.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
You might be right. We have seen enough cases to conclude that the Europeans generally like the idea of playing here.

But Petry's case surprised me a bit. He signed without even testing the market, when his hometown red wings probably would have been a strong suitor for his services.

We as hockey fans out far too much stock into a guy playing near home. Petry and his wife really loved living in Montreal for the short time he was here last season, and Petry saw how close the Habs were in the locker. That's more important to a grown man than making child Petry happy.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Bergevin hit it out of the park with this UFA signing, Fleischmann playing the steady as a rock type of two/way game he has always played, surprising that he was available at all IMHO.:nod::nod::nod:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I apologize if there's a more recent thread about the Flash, haven't seen it.

I asked months ago if you'd re-sign him, most said yes.

What about now. 1 year/ 1 mil? Still yes? No?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Yes. He's a quality 3rd/4th liner. Makes some mistakes, but he's a smart player.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I'd be inclined to say no. I liked his game at the start of the season, was very useful and visible out there but since our slump he's been a total non factor (which isn't that shocking) and has been invisible. If we can get a 5th round pick for him, I'd be happy.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I wouldn't but best to wait and see how the rest of the season goes, as I don't see any rush to sign him. He started off great but hopefully we can find a better replacement either via trade or UFA. Then again where the cap ends up is also a major point since we might not have much space if other moves are made to improve the roster.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

I wasn't around then but my answer would've been an absolute no then and an absolute no now. He's a soft, no-name, never-was journeyman with atrocious playoff numbers. He doesn't belong in a league that values speed and physicality. He burned out after a 7 game hot-streak.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site

Like alot of guys on this team, he got off to a great start, but is looking more and more expendable as we move along.

You definitely should be in no rush to re-sign him.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Dime-a-dozen type of player.

I'd rather see a DLR or Hudon playing in his 3LW role next year.

No need or interest in re-signing him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fleischmann was nothing more than a Pejorative Slurant, allowing AHLers more time to develop.

Now that he's slowed down terribly, I agree, would be a great time to give someone else an opportunity.

Does he have any market value? Like a late pick?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Dime-a-dozen type of player.

I'd rather see a DLR or Hudon playing in his 3LW role next year.

No need or interest in re-signing him.

I actually could see Hudon in that 3rd line spot next year, but DLR I would prefer he continue to work on his offensive game in the AHL, especially if they somehow had a new coach to work with him.

Does he have any market value? Like a late pick?

I'd be surprised but then again it's impossible to know what 29 GM's would be interested in and willing to pay for. Since we don't have a 7th rounder, would gladly take a late pick for him and or Gilbert Gilbert, just not sure either would drum up much interest.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It was a smart signing at the start of the year when he had 15 pts in 22 games but then he went into a terrible drought with 4 pts in 30 games. :shakehead

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He was a great signing even if he tapered off after such a strong start. There's a reason he had to fight his way onto an NHL team this year, he's on his last legs and is only capable of giving flashes of being more than just another body out there at this point.

He did what he can for us. I'd rather see Hudon get a chance next season although if he's willing to take a waivable budget contract next year, he'd be nice insurance, but nothing more than that.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
In response to my own question. I'd keep Flash as insurance if he takes 950k or 900k or whatever it is. Essentially what Et Le But above me said, a contract that wouldn't be an issue with waivers.

Flash is still a good player and if in St Johns would be an asset. I think he'd be good depth.

No rush to sign him though but he and DSP at right price aren't bad depth guys. Value contracts and we should load up top 6.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
He was a great signing even if he tapered off after such a strong start. There's a reason he had to fight his way onto an NHL team this year, he's on his last legs and is only capable of giving flashes of being more than just another body out there at this point.

He did what he can for us. I'd rather see Hudon get a chance next season although if he's willing to take a waivable budget contract next year, he'd be nice insurance, but nothing more than that.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad