Player Discussion Tomas Fleischmann

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Great signing, he'll slow down eventually but it's nice to know we have guys like him who can contribute even if the top-6 doesn't have a great game

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He got blood clots in the main artery between heart and lungs, playing in the thin air of Colorado nearly killed him. He was virtually PPG there playing with Duchene.

Essentially, this is a guy who we literally and figuratively got out of thin air.

Last edited:

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Low risk high reward.

Flash worked,
Semin didn't.

50% , not bad. for 1.850M total. :handclap:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Great signing, he'll slow down eventually but it's nice to know we have guys like him who can contribute even if the top-6 doesn't have a great game

his line is getting more and more TOI, they're part of the top 6 now. Will probably stay that way for a long while.

Patccmoi

Aug 11, 2010
Ya I can't really see how anyone is saying that Galchenyuk's line is the 2nd line now. They're clearly not, and I'm pretty sure opposing teams are concentrating more of their D on red-hot Desharnais's line than on Galchenyuk's that hardly produced anything since 2 weeks.

As for Fleischmann, I always liked him and was hoping we'd get him first time he was on the market, it likely turns out a good thing we didn't then with his health issue but for now he's an incredible acquisition, even if he cost 2-3 times as much.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Just catching up on my praising of our Habs, Tomas has been instrumental in their team play also. Now onto Torrey Mitchell, Brian Flynn and DSP and their great work ethic's that have also been instrumental in our overall team effort!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Serious question, do we re-sign this guy? He'll get a raise for sure but he can play PK, PP and has underrated skill and obvious chemistry with DD. What do we do with him?

Last edited:

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Serious question, do we re-sign this guy? He'll get a raise for sure but he can play PK, PP and has underrated skill and obvious chemistry with DD. What do we do with him?

It'll depend on what kind of contract he wants. With his play right now, I'm sure management would love to have him back.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's still early but if he plays like this all season and is willing to take a good contract, then I would look at signing him. Not sure I'd be willing to go past a 1 year deal, which I'm sure Flash would be looking for something longer. Might do a 2 year deal for the right money.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
He's not only fast but he has great hands.

I think he really likes it here in Montreal too, maybe it's cause we have a pretty good team but he seems to be thriving.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

check back after the playoffs, if he does well there then bring him back if not then they need to re-evaluate the situation. He was on a PTO so they shouldn't need to be in a rush to re-sign him. He's only 31 and doesn't turn 32 till May but still if the cap goes down they need to be careful as we could be up against it next year.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
check back after the playoffs, if he does well there then bring him back if not then they need to re-evaluate the situation. He was on a PTO so they shouldn't need to be in a rush to re-sign him. He's only 31 and doesn't turn 32 till May but still if the cap goes down they need to be careful as we could be up against it next year.

While this is true it is also a gamble. The longer the team waits the more he could cost if he does have a strong end of season and playoffs.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
There's no reason to re-sign him now, especially given his past health concerns (blood clotting issues) let him play out the season and then evaluate what he's worth to the team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
While this is true it is also a gamble. The longer the team waits the more he could cost if he does have a strong end of season and playoffs.

well we are talking about someone making 750K so he would need to have some kind of season to really get a lot more then that especially if the cap goes down a few Million as several teams are going to be in serious trouble if that's the case. So unless there's expansion, he might not have a lot of options that will pay him say more then 2M a year if that.

The Habs may be forced to use prospects next year if the cap goes down too much and say we add someone big to help us this year and he's back. So right now they need to focus more on getting us help to win this year and I hope if they do that it's someone that will be back next year as well.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
He's not only fast but he has great hands.

I think he really likes it here in Montreal too, maybe it's cause we have a pretty good team but he seems to be thriving.

Habs wanted him last year but Anaheim gave the better offer to Florida.

Probably for the best. We might feel different about him if we got him then.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
If they don't want to try a St John's kid on Chucky's line, why not see how Flash would do there?

Might not have the speed but sure has a great mind for the game and skills to finish plays.
Personally I'd rather keep him on DD's line but I could see MT not wanting a green prospect on Chucky's wing.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Exactly. I'd do 1.5 - 2mil/yr for 2yrs, or 2milX1yr.
Not sure the Flash would do it.

We should give more chances to PTOs.

Wish we signed Lee Stempniak VS Semin, but no regrets since I was ecstatic we signed Semin to a 1.1mil contract (dirt cheap, very low risk). Semin had nine lives...(imo) he has about 3-4 left!? (we're winning, so it doesn't hurt to give him a few more!).

Kassian:
I'm still hoping he makes a comeback...a good one.
(Dec? Jan?).

Eller-Galchenyuk-Kassian?

Fleischmann, DD, Weise...breath of fresh air this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad