Player Discussion Tomas Fleischmann

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If they don't want to try a St John's kid on Chucky's line, why not see how Flash would do there?

Might not have the speed but sure has a great mind for the game and skills to finish plays.
Personally I'd rather keep him on DD's line but I could see MT not wanting a green prospect on Chucky's wing.

What if we do that and Semn plays with DD and starts producing? This board would crash and I would be one of the crashers.:laugh::laugh:

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
He's made in excess of $22M over his pro career, maybe he'll sign an extension for a couple or three years at a "Cup Run" rate.:naughty:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Low risk high reward.

Flash worked,
Semin didn't.

50% , not bad. for 1.850M total. :handclap:

If we were top waive Semin, his cap hit would end up being about 300-350k total. Could be less if we can trade him or he gets picked up on waivers. Another option is a mutual buyout if no NHL team is interested and he can go KHL...but we are not yet at that point...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He's playing like he's worth that cash but if that's the price I see us going with some younger talent in the minors.

Or do the same thing next year and invite a few PTOs. I'm sure Fleischmann having success will prove to make MTL more desirable for players looking to make a come back.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Or do the same thing next year and invite a few PTOs. I'm sure Fleischmann having success will prove to make MTL more desirable for players looking to make a come back.

Hopefully. I think despite many claims otherwise Montreal is looking like a good place to play.

Subban won the Norris, Price won the vezina, Pacioretty is a premium goal scorer who ranked 4th in selke voting last year.

I mean, Markov is the ageless wonder, Galchenyuk on the rise.

Much to like about the habs team.

The biggest question for UFAs is if they see a fit on the habs. Centers would run away fairly quickly but a talented RW with a right handed shot? He just might call bergevin first looking for a chance to inflate his stats.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Just because this PTO worked out doesn't mean most will.

Bergevin likes to take low-risk, medium-reward gambles, most of them lead nowhere.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He has real good hockey IQ. Does little things well which add up. Can get the puck out, gets it deep to allow line change. Eller is polar opposite that way.

I think Hudon can be similar to Fleischmann as both have great hockey sense. Good 2-3 liner who can chip in 20 goals

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
He has real good hockey IQ. Does little things well which add up. Can get the puck out, gets it deep to allow line change. Eller is polar opposite that way.

I think Hudon can be similar to Fleischmann as both have great hockey sense. Good 2-3 liner who can chip in 20 goals

Not sure if the comparison is correct but you're right about his hockey IQ IMO. Him and DD are playing well and Weise complements them very well.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He's playing like he's worth that cash but if that's the price I see us going with some younger talent in the minors.

Still have to pinch myself that Fleischmann is playing so damn well and that, yeah, he really is worth a followup contract in that $3M neighbourhood. He's the deal of the year right now. I don't see any prospect coming up and adding anything close to his level of puck control, defensive awareness, or IQ. If Flash continues his rock-solid game he should be offered a two-year deal and be surgically grafted onto Desharnais's wing.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Still have to pinch myself that Fleischmann is playing so damn well and that, yeah, he really is worth a followup contract in that $3M neighbourhood. He's the deal of the year right now. I don't see any prospect coming up and adding anything close to his level of puck control, defensive awareness, or IQ. If Flash continues his rock-solid game he should be offered a two-year deal and be surgically grafted onto Desharnais's wing.
Agreed, amazing how well this has worked out...I think they may want to keep him another year or two...his agent may have something to say about the next contract...going to be hard to keep the $$$ reasonable.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Agreed, amazing how well this has worked out...I think they may want to keep him another year or two...his agent may have something to say about the next contract...going to be hard to keep the $$$ reasonable.

Gotta start spamming him with promos about Hometown Discounts! and Be Part of a Winning Team! and Chez Paree for the Best Contact!, and so on...

#fleischforfantasy

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I'm not sure that we'd be happy with Flash as a 1st or 2nd line forward because the expectations would change.

If he scores 20G and 20A on the second line he's an average 2nd line player, but if he does the same thing on the third line he's the epitome of a great 3rd line player.

If we can make the moves we need to keep Flash at a 3rd line role, filling in on the second line when needed, then he's exactly what we need, but when we start increasing expectations we might get disappointed.

mustardnight*

Aug 11, 2011
There's an obsession here with constant shifts. Therrien did it last year and it annoys players. He was told by players, rumour has it, to keep the lines together at the start of the season.

This isn't Ps4, players need time to adjust. The third line is playing very well and should stay that way.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure that we'd be happy with Flash as a 1st or 2nd line forward because the expectations would change.

If he scores 20G and 20A on the second line he's an average 2nd line player, but if he does the same thing on the third line he's the epitome of a great 3rd line player.

If we can make the moves we need to keep Flash at a 3rd line role, filling in on the second line when needed, then he's exactly what we need, but when we start increasing expectations we might get disappointed.
Maybe 20 G, 20 A is an average 2nd liner...

But consider this... We've not had 6 forwards with more than 40 points since the 1997-1998 season.

So how could we be mad with that? Especially when he brings damn good two-way hockey?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Will it Come down to picking between Flash and Weise at the end of the year?

I hope not. Dutch is one of my faves but I'd go with the Butcher. Dutch does have the youth thing on his side but Flash is too good. I think we can keep both.

I hate to say this but we'd probably trade Eller before losing one of these guys. And I'm a big Eller fan. It would be nice if Beaulieu could prove to be a top 4 guy by the end of the year and we'd be able to move Emelin. Moving those 2 would free up some cap space. Losing Gilbert as well but we'd have to be confident in both Pateryn and Tinordi. Maybe Ellis could help as well. Still got Barberio too.

We're going to have to shed some cap on way or another.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Depending on if Habs go out and acquire a legitimate top 6 winger or two the answer could be neither/both rather than Weise/Flash.

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
Maybe 20 G, 20 A is an average 2nd liner...

But consider this... We've not had 6 forwards with more than 40 points since the 1997-1998 season.

So how could we be mad with that? Especially when he brings damn good two-way hockey?

Or how can we be mad when last year, there was only 92 players with 20 goals+ or 154 that reached 40 pts (including dmen). You can't even fill every top 6 in the league with 40pts players.

A 50pts players on a 2nd line is not a good 2nd liner, it's a 1st liner on a deep team.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Depends on where the cap ends up and how much each is looking for plus if we add any big contract or someone that will need a big contract next year. So far we are in good shape for the cap next year since we don't have any big jumps, as long as the cap doesn't go down too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad