Confirmed with Link: Tom Anselmi in as CEO and President, Cyril Leeder steps down

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Good luck with this idiot. All 3 MLSE teams were terrible under his watch and only improved once Leiweike replaced him short term and hired competent people to run each franchise. Part of that change though was fueled by Tannenbaum losing almost all control due to Bell/Rogers agreement on votes. But, his main project which was TFC was a disaster under his reign and never fixed til he left.

Keep in mind they were owned by the teachers at that time not Bell/Rogers.

Ohhh Franco

Jun 28, 2006
In the short run, yes. In the long run, no.

Big time. This is such a unique and often fickle and narrow minded sports market. Oh, and there is a MASSIVE project that will secure the Sens long term future in the works right now that requires delicate and diplomatic negotiations.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Good luck with this idiot. All 3 MLSE teams were terrible under his watch and only improved once Leiweike replaced him short term and hired competent people to run each franchise. Part of that change though was fueled by Tannenbaum losing almost all control due to Bell/Rogers agreement on votes. But, his main project which was TFC was a disaster under his reign and never fixed til he left.

But...Oh.

sad_frog.jpg

:sarcasm:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Keep in mind they were owned by the teachers at that time not Bell/Rogers.
I pointed that out when I said that's when Tannenbaum lost his power because he basically was managing partner. I don't think he was handicapped massively by the teachers, he was pretty incompetent on the managing of the teams side. Although, that culture carried over from Peddie.

No one was complaining about the teachers til Peddie and later Anselmi started messing around. In the early 2000's both Leafs and Raptors were fine under the teachers. The issues were Tannenbaum, Peddie and Anselmi.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
I pointed that out when I said that's when Tannenbaum lost his power because he basically was managing partner. I don't think he was handicapped massively by the teachers, he was pretty incompetent on the managing of the teams side. Although, that culture carried over from Peddie.

No one was complaining about the teachers til Peddie and later Anselmi started messing around. In the early 2000's both Leafs and Raptors were fine under the teachers. The issues were Tannenbaum, Peddie and Anselmi.

Dead on!

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

It was not fine under the teachers.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Eugene Melnyk is an absolute moron. Every time he opens his mouth he says something that makes him sound more stupid than before.

'He built the leafs from the ground up'

What the hell is he talking about.

whoa whoa, Eugene talking about rebranding.

Yeah maybe he should think of the ultimate rebrand sell the team stop penny pinching. When San Jose is eating 250 k from a fourth liners trade its obvious there isnt a commitment. No level of rebranding will change the fact its obvious you are penny pinching every scenario possible.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Eugene Melnyk is an absolute moron. Every time he opens his mouth he says something that makes him sound more stupid than before.

I wish people would listen to the whole thing and not just clips.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

Yeah maybe he should think of the ultimate rebrand sell the team stop penny pinching. When San Jose is eating 250 k from a fourth liners trade its obvious there isnt a commitment. No level of rebranding will change the fact its obvious you are penny pinching every scenario possible.

There $5 million from being a cap team as for retaining many teams do that even the big bad Leafs ask teams to take some.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Okay well I prefer to keep things realistic here and keep to the subject at hand, and not turning a front office presser into a blind call for Melnyk's head.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Anselmi is great if you want a new arena, but he is horrendous while running a sports team.

The track record of teams that were under his thumb were horrendous here in Toronto, TFC in particular was a a particular embarrassment.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Anselmi is great if you want a new arena, but he is horrendous while running a sports team.

The track record of teams that were under his thumb were horrendous here in Toronto, TFC in particular was a a particular embarrassment.

The new arena project is massive you need someone who can handle that.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Well, I don't know anything about the guy, but MLSE is very different from the Ottawa market.. so maybe there's hope haha.

From wiki: He was credited with having the Air Canada Centre completed on budget and on time

Probably what did it for Melnyk.

Most likely. That's not a bad thing. Tom is not signing a contract for life or anything. Ditch him when the new building opens :sarcasm:

Melnyk touching on construction projects again.. so ya I think you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad