Confirmed with Link: Tom Anselmi in as CEO and President, Cyril Leeder steps down

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Perhaps a precursor to a new arena push? Anselmi has a ton of experience in major building projects. He had a big hand in the oversight of the construction of the ACC.

With that said, his track record with MLSE (Raptors, Leafs and especially TFC) as the President and COO in terms of management decisions was abysmal. It was really really bad.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Perhaps a precursor to a new arena push? Anselmi has a ton of experience in major building projects. He had a big hand in the oversight of the construction of the ACC.

With that said, his track record with MLSE (Raptors, Leafs and especially TFC) as the President and COO in terms of management decisions was abysmal. It was really really bad.

When he was the Ceo Mlse was owned by the teachers and he did have his hands tied to a degree.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI

What made it so bad?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
When he was the Ceo Mlse was owned by the teachers and he did have his hands tied to a degree.

Teachers just gave the money. He, along with the other big executives, made the decisions with that money. Of course those who provide money will approve certain business decisions, so it gets complicated. It wasn't pretty though.

What made it so bad?

I mean, I think the record across every MLSE team up until 2013 speaks for itself. He was the top executive of the TFC branch primarly and they never made the playoffs under him.

He's a well liked management executive from all accounts. Like I said, he'll probably be a big key factor if/when the Sens do want to create a new arena. That's his expertise and I think he'll do great there, like he did for the ACC project. I think the construction was on time and on budget, which is pretty rare and tough to do in a city like Toronto.

I live in Ottawa (Orleans specifically), so I can only hope this hiring will push forward a new arena location and experience.

Last edited:

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
SprDaVE

Sure but there was pressure not to spend like crazy on Toronto fc and Raps.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Apparently this Anselmi guy was looking after the constructions of ACC, Skydome and GM Place. So this hiring is obviously with new arena in mind.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Teachers just gave the money. He, along with the other big executives, made the decisions with that money. Of course those who provide money will approve certain business decisions, so it gets complicated. It wasn't pretty though.

I mean, I think the record across every MLSE team up until 2013 speaks for itself. He was the top executive of the TFC branch primarly and they never made the playoffs under him.

He's a well liked management executive from all accounts. Like I said, he'll probably be a big key factor if/when the Sens do want to create a new arena. That's his expertise and I think he'll do great there, like he did for the ACC project. I think the construction was on time and on budget, which is pretty rare and tough to do in a city like Toronto.

I live in Ottawa (Orleans specifically), so I can only hope this hiring will push forward a new arena location and experience.

This will have 0% impact to the on ice product.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Good luck with this idiot. All 3 MLSE teams were terrible under his watch and only improved once Leiweike replaced him short term and hired competent people to run each franchise. Part of that change though was fueled by Tannenbaum losing almost all control due to Bell/Rogers agreement on votes. But, his main project which was TFC was a disaster under his reign and never fixed til he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad