Tom Anselmi has resigned

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Not sure if it was posted yet but Garrioch went on CBC radio this morning, sheds a little more light on the Anselmi exit:

Audio | CBC Radio

Things to take away
  • Sens were not happy with Anselmi’s peroformance. Attendance still hasn’t improved
  • Likewise, Anselmi wasn’t too fond of the senators operations
  • Anselmi is used to 20 exec team, whereas this role requires the president to roll-up his/her sleeves

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Not sure if it was posted yet but Garrioch went on CBC radio this morning, sheds a little more light on the Anselmi exit:

Audio | CBC Radio

Things to take away
  • Sens were not happy with Anselmi’s peroformance. Attendance still hasn’t improved
  • Anselmi is used to 20 exec team, whereas this role requires the president to roll-up his/her sleeves

Interesting.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Audio | CBC Radio

Things to take away

Did they really expect Anselmi to solve the attendance issue in less than a year, with Melnyk constantly getting in the way? Seems to me Uncle Euge was setting him up for a downfall, and now he gets to show how CEOing is really done.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Did they really expect Anselmi to solve the attendance issue in less than a year, with Melnyk constantly getting in the way? Seems to me Uncle Euge was setting him up for a downfall, and now he gets to show how CEOing is really done.

I mean, it's not like there weren't some mis-steps along the way (the tarp...) but yeah, if Anselmi was supposed to fix attendance, he was dealt a lousy hand. Offseason of losing Methot with no replacement, MacArthur gone officially, starting the year without Karlsson, Melnyk going on a rant at the outdoor game; it's hard to build excitement about a product in that kind of situation.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Melnyk told me to blow myself up? When. He actually called for mass suicide?

He ripped Dave Cameron for the O’Connor start. Not Matt. Who cares if he calls out the mayor lmfao. Did that dseriously offend you.

You don't remember the 'blow yourselves up' quote?

“Anybody that says we should blow up this organization should get their own bomb and go blow themselves up, OK? This is not an organization that is completely crippled. It needs fine-tuning. It needs some tweaking. It needs a player here, a player there, a few good bounces and that’s it. But we’re nowhere near that type of environment.”
— Jan. 28, 2009

Nice timeline here: Timeline: Eugene Melnyk has been running the Senators since 2003

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Every time anyone goes out of their way to provide quotes or examples or links for you when you ask for them, you always ignore them anyways.

By "Every time" you must mean never, because it's never happened.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
By "Every time" you must mean never, because it's never happened.

Bulls**t.

I've done it at least 3 times myself, and you've never responded.

Heck, I even went out of my way once to separate three different links in three different posts, so that you would get three different notices that someone had quoted your post 3 times (because you have made a very bad habit of refusing to believe anything anyone says about anything, and then demanding links for things people say in order to win a debate), and then specifically made a post immediately afterwards explaining why I did it, and got nothing.

We even had a brief discussion afterwards about the message function with one of the mods, IIRC I think it was @Micklebot.

I've seen others do it too - provide a link you asked for and then never hear back about it. So yeah, you can take your terrible defence on this topic and find someone else to try to use it on, because it's falling on deaf ears over where I'm standing.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Bulls**t.

Heck, I even went out of my way once to separate three different links in three different posts, so that you would get three different notices that someone had quoted your post 3 times (because you have made a very bad habit of refusing to believe anything anyone says about anything, and then demanding links for things people say in order to win a debate), and then specifically made a post immediately afterwards explaining why I did it, and got nothing.

We even had a brief discussion afterwards about the message function with one of the mods, IIRC I think it was @Micklebot.

I've seen others do it too - provide a link you asked for and then never hear back about it. So yeah, you can take your terrible defence on this topic and find someone else to try to use it on, because it's falling on deaf ears over where I'm standing.
We got another "fan" over here.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You don't remember the 'blow yourselves up' quote?

“Anybody that says we should blow up this organization should get their own bomb and go blow themselves up, OK? This is not an organization that is completely crippled. It needs fine-tuning. It needs some tweaking. It needs a player here, a player there, a few good bounces and that’s it. But we’re nowhere near that type of environment.”
— Jan. 28, 2009

Nice timeline here: Timeline: Eugene Melnyk has been running the Senators since 2003
I had actually never heard that. That’s prettt funny. I don’t think that’s that bad. He linked “blow up” back to “blow the team up”.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Audio | CBC Radio

Things to take away

LOL, there goes PR Manager Bruce Garrioch trying to spin the Anselmi resignation to make the organization look better. Once again BooBoo, the fanbase is not as stupid as you think we are. I wonder what type of bonuses the organization pay to Garrioch and the guys on TSN1200 to try to spin everything in favour of the team?

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
LOL, there goes PR Manager Bruce Garrioch trying to spin the Anselmi resignation to make the organization look better. Once again BooBoo, the fanbase is not as stupid as you think we are. I wonder what type of bonuses the organization pay to Garrioch and the guys on TSN1200 to try to spin everything in favour of the team?

Probably not payment. But if BooBoo wants to keep on being the main Sens Insider, he can't go off spewing bad things about the team or he may find himself on the outside looking in.

It's one of those "You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" situations.

Oh...I just got a mental image of scratching Garrioch's back...

Oh.

My eyes!

The goggles do nothing

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Bulls**t.

I'd really like a FTF vs TA post off... It would be hugely entertaining.

Last edited:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
27. Proof that the Insider label is dumb: We didn’t know for a month that Tom Anselmi had resigned as Ottawa’s President and CEO. It was weird to see former Senators employees taking shots at the organization on Twitter. That doesn’t happen very often. While owner Eugene Melnyk extended Pierre Dorion, the best thing he could do for the team is beef up Dorion’s staff. The Senators are woefully thin in what has become a draft-and-develop league. It is your only chance at success.

31 Thoughts: No shortage of Rick Nash suitors ahead of deadline - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad