Tom Anselmi has resigned

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
LOL, there goes PR Manager Bruce Garrioch trying to spin the Anselmi resignation to make the organization look better. Once again BooBoo, the fanbase is not as stupid as you think we are. I wonder what type of bonuses the organization pay to Garrioch and the guys on TSN1200 to try to spin everything in favour of the team?

I don't know how stupid you are Chezzz. ..we've never met so the only thing I have to work with is your activity on this site.

do you really believe the 1200 guys or Garrioch are paid by the team?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I had actually never heard that. That’s prettt funny. I don’t think that’s that bad. He linked “blow up” back to “blow the team up”.

Telling people to blow themselves up is not funny. Look, I’m not someone who gets offended easily, but that was a ridiculous thing to say. There are other things he could have said, but every time that guy opens his mouth it’s a disaster. He’s better off not speaking publicly.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
27. Proof that the Insider label is dumb: We didn’t know for a month that Tom Anselmi had resigned as Ottawa’s President and CEO. It was weird to see former Senators employees taking shots at the organization on Twitter. That doesn’t happen very often. While owner Eugene Melnyk extended Pierre Dorion, the best thing he could do for the team is beef up Dorion’s staff. The Senators are woefully thin in what has become a draft-and-develop league. It is your only chance at success.

31 Thoughts: No shortage of Rick Nash suitors ahead of deadline - Sportsnet.ca

I totally agree on the beefing up the staff surrounding Dorion.. that has been discussed and it should be obvious imo. Seems like a problem in more areas than 1 with the Sens organization.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Telling people to blow themselves up is not funny. Look, I’m not someone who gets offended easily, but that was a ridiculous thing to say. There are other things he could have said, but every time that guy opens his mouth it’s a disaster. He’s better off not speaking publicly.
Yeah I agree with the last part. It was a ridiculous thing to say. Doesn’t mean it’s not funny

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Bulls**t.

I've done it at least 3 times myself, and you've never responded.

Heck, I even went out of my way once to separate three different links in three different posts, so that you would get three different notices that someone had quoted your post 3 times (because you have made a very bad habit of refusing to believe anything anyone says about anything, and then demanding links for things people say in order to win a debate), and then specifically made a post immediately afterwards explaining why I did it, and got nothing.

We even had a brief discussion afterwards about the message function with one of the mods, IIRC I think it was @Micklebot.

I've seen others do it too - provide a link you asked for and then never hear back about it. So yeah, you can take your terrible defence on this topic and find someone else to try to use it on, because it's falling on deaf ears over where I'm standing.

We’re waaaaaaiiiittttiiiiiinnnggggg.

200.gif

Reactions: Pancakes Pancakes

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I don't know how stupid you are Chezzz. ..we've never met so the only thing I have to work with is your activity on this site.

do you really believe the 1200 guys or Garrioch are paid by the team?

Social capital bud

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
It wasn’t like stand up comedian funny buts it’s so inconsequential that you might as well laugh. Do you really think he was calling for suicide by bomb? Is that what you think he wanted?

So. At the time Melnyk said this, we had troops embedded in Afghanistan getting shelled and there was real disquiet about danger over there and here. When a friend of mine gently pointed this out to TSN1200, that it was a baffling thing to say and that we had troops over there being shelled, I think it was Steve Lloyd or whomever was on RAGED, as if I'd attacked his child or something and just attacked the friend and then got a army officer on defending Melnyk.

What a fiasco. And it's pretty clear what Melnyk said man:
""Anybody that says we should blow up this organization should get their own bomb and go blow themselves up, okay?" the Toronto billionaire said at the team's practice at a suburban Ottawa rink.

He's pretty much telling people that think the team needs to scorched earth reset to go strap themselves to a bomb.

Anyway, back to Anzelms...I do not blame him for leaving considering that the top is incredibly unstable.
Melnyk should beg Leeder to come back and apologize, but if I'm on Leeder Lodge time, I just have a mai tai and do other things.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So. At the time Melnyk said this, we had troops embedded in Afghanistan getting shelled and there was real disquiet about danger over there and here. When a friend of mine gently pointed this out to TSN1200, that it was a baffling thing to say and that we had troops over there being shelled, I think it was Steve Lloyd or whomever was on RAGED, as if I'd attacked his child or something and just attacked the friend and then got a army officer on defending Melnyk.

""Anybody that says we should blow up this organization should get their own bomb and go blow themselves up, okay?" the Toronto billionaire said at the team's practice at a suburban Ottawa rink.

He's pretty much telling people that think the team needs to scorched earth reset to go strap themselves to a bomb.

Anyway, back to Anzelms...I do not blame him for leaving considering that the top is incredibly unstable.
Melnyk should beg Leeder to come back and apologize, but if I'm on Leeder Lodge time, I just have a mai tai and do other things.

Leeder doesn't deserve another shot. Better to find someone else local with predigree and experience

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Why? Because of all the good he did with this team in his long tenure here?

Local, with pedigree and experience? There's a pretty short list of guys with those 3 credentials, and the #1 name on the list is Cyril Leeder.

I just think he had his chance, and really there is no way the Melnyk offers it , or Leeder accepts it.

He didn't change the hotdogs soon enough

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Don’t know if this is all sarcasm or not.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
I just think he had his chance, and really there is no way the Melnyk offers it , or Leeder accepts it.

He didn't change the hotdogs soon enough

Agree, absolutely no way he ever hires Leeder again. His ego is way too monstrous for that. Come on people, since the outdoor game, how many opportunities has this man had to apologize to Sens fans?? All he has said is "I didn't mean to or expect people to be upset".

That guy has never said sorry in his life or accepted error.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Agree, absolutely no way he ever hires Leeder again. His ego is way too monstrous for that. Come on people, since the outdoor game, how many opportunities has this man had to apologize to Sens fans?? All he has said is "I didn't mean to or expect people to be upset".

Oh, for sure.

I never said it would ever happen, all I said is Leeder is the kind of guy who would come back under the right circumstances. I was making a claim about Leeder.

The thing is, those circumstances - Melnyk apologizing, admitting he made a mistake, and giving Leeder a raise - are never going to happen in a million billion years.

Reactions: 18Hossa

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

To be fair, Leeder would be/should be dignified enough not to accept it too.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I can see why Anselmi "resigned". His brilliant plan was to raise my seasons by 9%. LOL. There are hardly any of us left, bordering on extinction, and this is the thanks we get!

Apparently 2nd bowl ends are priced too cheap, according to the NHL, and they have to be more in line with other arenas, which is why my tickets got jacked. That is exactly what he sold me. Either it is a crock of shit or the NHL is more controlling than any of us every thought haha.

Oh, well, I told him to come back with something of value and we will continue to go. Maybe some dinner vouchers and such.

Ah, the life of a Sens fan, kicking us while we are down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->