Prospect Info: Timothy Liljegren - AHL Edition

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
To say that Liljegren is a better skater, passer and thinker than Polak, with a better shot, I don't think would be much of a stretch of anyone's imagination, and certainly wouldn't warrant being called crazy in my books.
Having said that, they're basically opposite players, and I'm not surprised in the slightest that management would rather have Polak where he is right now than Liljegren, based on experience and style of play.

Yeah they are big time different! Both right shots is about all they have in common.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Dahlin fanboys cried when I suggested Liljegren was an equal PP QB.. looks like Monten thinks he's better

weems

Jul 3, 2008
His skillset is elite.

Skating, hands, passing, shot.

The lack of hockeysense is overblown even if sometimes he does try to do too much in small spaces.

The physicality and commitment to defence has been extremely encouraging.

Looks easily to me like a future top 4 who can move the puck, play in all situations and bring a nice physical side.

Amazing pick at #17

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Yeah too bad for him. Though it isn’t like he lost track of his guy or didn’t have him at all. Just didn’t get enough of him to prevent that shot. Good for Canada too bad it was against Liljegren

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dahlin fanboys cried when I suggested Liljegren was an equal PP QB.. looks like Monten thinks he's better

Watch yourself. Dahlin's a better prospect and has a better upside than Matthews.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
He only had one hand his stick, and obviously couldn't get enough leverage to do anything useful like that. Dube did a good job of moving inside on Liljegren and it ended up getting him caught behind half a step.
I would've liked to see him get both hands on his stick for extra strength, but I do wonder if he would've lost further position on Dube in the process.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Nah, Dahlin was on for a long shift before the PP.
Liljegren has also got plenty of minutes with the first line when Dahlin was tied to the hip with that line at the start of the tourney. So Lilje has definitely impressed the SWE coach
Watch yourself. Dahlin's a better prospect and has a better upside than Matthews.
Not from what I've seen this tournament, think he projects as a top 5 dman but people saying better than McDavid make me laugh. Although apparently he hasn't been at his best in the tourney so I'll wait before writing him off

And when I was making the Liljegren = Dahlin on PP, it was also followed by saying there's a significant difference on ES, with the suggestion that Dahlin should be a work horse on ES while Liljegren & Brannstrom bring a pretty equal impact on PPs.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Played a really good two periods outside of that one play.

Liljegren had to turn and chase; while Dube was already skating forward and a stride on Liljegren. It is not that easy to do even for NHL D-man. I wouldn't wholly blame Liljegren; neutral zone turnover also had something to do with it

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Liljegren had to turn and chase; while Dube was already skating forward and a stride on Liljegren. It is not that easy to do even for NHL D-man. I wouldn't wholly blame Liljegren; neutral zone turnover also had something to do with it
He's a kid like the rest but a good one. I like his game, like his skill and he's engaged in the play.
I think if we work Dermott in full time next year and Lily the year after we are in good shape.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Liljegren has also got plenty of minutes with the first line when Dahlin was tied to the hip with that line at the start of the tourney. So Lilje has definitely impressed the SWE coach

Not from what I've seen this tournament, think he projects as a top 5 dman but people saying better than McDavid make me laugh. Although apparently he hasn't been at his best in the tourney so I'll wait before writing him off

And when I was making the Liljegren = Dahlin on PP, it was also followed by saying there's a significant difference on ES, with the suggestion that Dahlin should be a work horse on ES while Liljegren & Brannstrom bring a pretty equal impact on PPs.

I'm just being sarcastic. Matthews would have destroyed this gold medal game.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014

If he can't handle neutral zone turnovers, that answers if he's ready to play for the Leafs or not.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Lilly was great today as he has been the entire tournament. He had one mistake but it was more of him being outmuscled then anything else.
Those decision making and low IQ issues dont seem to have any justification based on this tournament and the AHL. He needs time but will be really good when he is ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad