Player Discussion Tim Stützle - LW/C - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
They are killing his confidence with who they have him playing with.

Stutzle is a high octane offensive mind, but they are playing him with guys with 3rd line vision. Makes no sense. Caging a Cheetah.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
They are killing his confidence with who they have him playing with.

Stutzle is a high octane offensive mind, but they are playing him with guys with 3rd line vision. Makes no sense. Caging a Cheetah.
Outside our first line, every single other player then Stutzle has 3rd line vision.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Pinto looks to me like a good to very good 3rd line center.
Norris looks like a good to very good second line center.
I don't see a 1st line Center on the roster at this time.
Logan Brown? Ahhh shit we traded him for Sandford.

tstracuzza

Jan 18, 2017
Jimmy Stu has been far from great IMO. His finishing has been quite bad actually. But he’s getting in decent positions. I can’t wait to see him with better line mates

Reactions: SENStastic

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I am rarely the type to bash the coach and his decisions, but man oh man is DJ Smith being stubborn. Asked about playing Stützle briefly on the top line in the 3rd period and he said that he was giving Brady a breather after killing some penalties.

But then he proceeded to say that he loves the top line as it is with Tkachuk norris and Batherson and that he does not want to change it up.

He is so oldschool in that rather than mixing things up and giving his 19 year old future super star a boost by playing him with our best offensive players, he is willing to drag this out even longer by continuing to play Stützle with our bottom 6 guys who are unfortunately offensively challenged.

Timmy's going to have to figure it out though, he is obviously a gifted player, but I cannot help but think that he is being given bad advice on how to transition his game to the NHL level.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
When Pinto returns they will have three good centres with Norris, Pinto & Paul. The top line has played well, the 3rd line with Formenton, Paul & C. Brown has played well, but the rest of the forwards not so much. Hopefully, when Pinto returns they will be able to create another scoring line, but Stutzle needs to play much smarter, protect the puck better & stop losing possession. While at times he looks amazing he also makes a lot of mistakes that sometimes end up in the back of our net.

Reactions: Cosmix

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
Kids 19 years old and is on pace for 40 pts on a bad team yallll need to chill
With all due respect he wasn't drafted third overall for 40 points. That's inexcusable in his sophmore year. That's Connor Brown and Tierney type of numbers.. Right now Stutzle's game isn't translating to the NHL..

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Watch Raymond play, that’s how I want Jimmy playing. Something about him, I’m not sure. If he busts we are screwed.

Raymond is on another level right now. Said this before the season that I wouldn't be surprised to see him play better than Stutzle this season. Jimmy doesn't have the poise that Raymond has, it's like he knows exactly what to do and when. Stutzle plays more with his skillset than his brain honestly. A lot of skill but lacks something. Raymond's transition right now is seemless, almost like Pettersson did.

It's not close right now and it has nothing to do with the points even.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
With all due respect he wasn't drafted third overall for 40 points. That's inexcusable in his sophmore year. That's Connor Brown and Tierney type of numbers.. Right now Stutzle's game isn't translating to the NHL..

:laugh:

According to who? And you even used the word sophomore - as if your oblivious to the very commonly known/accepted phenomena that is the dreaded sophomore slump. And top 3 picks are no exception whatsoever.

Nate Mckinnon had a 38pt second season followed up by seasons of 52 and 53pts. Landeskog finished with 17pts in 36gp in his second year... Barkov with 36pts in year two. Huberdeau had 28pts. Never mind all the other top 3 picks we've seen from 2017-2020 that have all mostly struggled, or that the 2021 picks arent even playing in their D+1 season.

Then we have other elite players, like very TOP echelon guys like Kucherov, and he only made the NHL at age 20 (Stu's age) and posted 18pts in 52gp...The other guy that Tampa struck lightning on, Brayden Point, he finished with 40pts as a rookie at 21 in his D+3 season.

Heck Claude Giroux was already 23 when first hit 47pts in the NHL. Fellow Flyer Couturier had 15pts in 46gp as a D+2 sophomore.. Marchand had 43pts in his D+5 "sophomore" season, and broke the 60pt barrier for the first time at the fresh age of 27yrs old... Oh yeah and that line mate of his who scores a metric crap ton of goals each year- Pastranak - he had a 27pt sophomore season of his own...

And there are dozens more of great examples to list if we needed to - that was literally only five teams I listed for all of those players above (top 3 picks included lol) that were older and/or not as good at the same age as Stutzle is.

If its not already blatantly obvious, the point being here is that everyone is on a different development curve in those first few years. And D+2 is not the year to demand anything from a kid that even a blind person listening to the radio feed could likely identify as a star-caliber player in the making.

Stutzle could easily have a few goals and another 5pts with all of the chances that hes generated, and had some better luck/linemates to support him. Hes not hopelessly lost and hurting his line out there, hes badly snake-bitten and on a terrible team. And we the fans are not in a position to demand anything more from him as of today. Hes not ready to carry a top 6 line by himself "today" - and thats very unnoteworthy in reality.

Last edited:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Crappy linemates as an excuse for why Stu isn't producing is starting to lose weight. He needs to be a line driver that elevates those around him. Paul and CBrown aren't scrubs, they skate hard and create space for Stuetzle while showing hustle. It'd be nice to see Stuetzle show the same work ethic they do on the ice and produce results. Forget the peers from his draft. If we want this season to be a step towards the right direction, Stuetzle needs to actually do something. Also, DJ Smith needs to stop being so stubborn, change up the lines cuz it ain't working rn.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Yes, get a #1 Center to play with Stutzle. Tank for the 2022 draft. :)
:laugh:

According to who? And you even used the word sophomore - as if your oblivious to the very commonly known/accepted phenomena that is the dreaded sophomore slump.

Nate Mckinnon had a 38pt second season followed up by seasons of 52 and 53pts. Landeskog finished with 17pts in 36gp in his second year... And there are dozens more of great ones to list. Then we have players like Kucherov that made the NHL at age 20 and had 18pts in 52gp...Point was a rookie in his D+3 season and finished with 40pts.

The point being here is that everyone is on a different curve. And D+2 is not the year to demand anything from a star caliber player in the making.

I mean with all due respect, Stutzle could easily have a few goals and another 5pts with all the chances hes generated and some better luck/linemates.

Yes his overall game is still a work in progress for sure. But the kids on a terrible line from a bad team. The fact that were using his current pace of 40pts - while his amidst a horrible streak of bad luck - is actually half decent. It can only improve from here.
Hey Samsquanch go easy with the logic and common sense buddy, you know how Sens fans are they want superstar caliber players and they want them now!!! They dont care about the "work in progress" they want a 19 year old player to carry the team and dominate every night! My God has anyone ever heard of patience??? I agree with you 100%!

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Crappy linemates as an excuse for why Stu isn't producing is starting to lose weight. He needs to be a line driver that elevates those around him. Paul and CBrown aren't scrubs, they skate hard and create space for Stuetzle while showing hustle. It'd be nice to see Stuetzle show the same work ethic they do on the ice and produce results. Forget the peers from his draft. If we want this season to be a step towards the right direction, Stuetzle needs to actually do something. Also, DJ Smith needs to stop being so stubborn, change up the lines cuz it ain't working rn.

Hes playing with Tierney - the very definition of a scrub.

Paul is a -7 with 3pts on the year btw - and he has no business being paired with Stutzle on a good team. Brown would be okay on the RW but there absolutely needs to be a talented top 6 centerman in the middle of them for your post to make any sense.

Reactions: Cosmix

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Agreed. I mean he’s already 19 years old and playing with established players like Tierney and Ennis. Sens should trade him while he still has value.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad