Player Discussion Tim Stützle - LW/C - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Great analysis again by Jamie Baker, who picked up "stick legs" on one of the goals in the 3rd period against Chicago. He noted that Tim had less ice time and was dropped off the line. Last night, there were a few instances where he had to keep skating and moving harder on the backcheck. Clearly, lesson learned and noted by young Tim, who had another dazzling game...but no shots on net. Shoot, please.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Great analysis again by Jamie Baker, who picked up "stick legs" on one of the goals in the 3rd period against Chicago. He noted that Tim had less ice time and was dropped off the line. Last night, there were a few instances where he had to keep skating and moving harder on the backcheck. Clearly, lesson learned and noted by young Tim, who had another dazzling game...but no shots on net. Shoot, please.

I think he needs to be a bit harder on his stick too when he’s dangling. From the looks of it, that talbot poke should not have prevented him from scoring.

Reactions: Boud

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think he needs to be a bit harder on his stick too when he’s dangling. From the looks of it, that talbot poke should not have prevented him from scoring.

I noticed that too, he's very good with the puck but it's like he's gliding and not really applying pressure on his stick so he easily loses it as soon as someone pressures him. Something he could get away with in lower leagues but not in the NHL.

He'll learn.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

This. I did see him take one shot however.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Best player since EK - more exciting then Ek. He’s the Pavel Bure of assists - Heart of a lion and skill

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
This kid just puts a smile on my face, even when he makes a mistake (outplays the puck, overskates). It doesn't really matter, he has so much chutzpah skating up and down the ice, AT 19 YEARS OLD, it's unbelievable.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
This kid just puts a smile on my face, even when he makes a mistake (outplays the puck, overskates). It doesn't really matter, he has so much chutzpah skating up and down the ice, AT 19 YEARS OLD, it's unbelievable.

Agreed. Especially because a lot of the issues will be fixed with natural growth. Man strength will look very good on Little Timmy.

Reactions: Blacephalon

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Stuz has 8 Goals in his last 55 NHL games.

….. not concerned, just saying

He's playing with dump-and-chase-at-all-costs-even-2-on-1's Nick Paul and skate-hard-after-i-dump-the-puck-in-then-stop-trying-upon-contact Tierney

But like Hale said, he's creating some spectacular chances and could have scored 3-4 highlight reel beauties at start of the year. Not concerned one bit.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
question is, when does it become a concern?

I’m concerned - not comparing him to Jakob Silferberg when he was here but we heard so much about Silferbergs shot and skill before he got here and he was the top rated prospect I believe when he arrived - but despite how good the scouting report was he just didn’t have an NHL scoring touch to put him beyond a solid middle six player. Jimmy is in a different category from Silf but just as a fan their games seem to be the same where I’ve seen enough to reset my scoring expectations from elite to good or really good

Speatleysson

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
He's playing with dump-and-chase-at-all-costs-even-2-on-1's Nick Paul and skate-hard-after-i-dump-the-puck-in-then-stop-trying-upon-contact Tierney

But like Hale said, he's creating some spectacular chances and could have scored 3-4 highlight reel beauties at start of the year. Not concerned one bit.

I agree with this, his linemates are his biggest downfall right now. On PP1 he looks like a star player, but looks sub-par when he's paired up with the likes of Tierney.

We can all agree that Stutzle is no Crosby; he needs good players alongside him.

Reactions: Emrasie

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I’m concerned - not comparing him to Jakob Silferberg when he was here but we heard so much about Silferbergs shot and skill before he got here and he was the top rated prospect I believe when he arrived - but despite how good the scouting report was he just didn’t have an NHL scoring touch to put him beyond a solid middle six player. Jimmy is in a different category from Silf but just as a fan their games seem to be the same where I’ve seen enough to reset my scoring expectations from elite to good or really good
So within 4 hours you went from "not concerned" to you are concerned, have to reset your expectations, and Silfverberg flashbacks.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007

Both are perimeter players, but Jimmy has the edge more potential based on his speed and vision alone. There were way too many games where Silf was invisible, sometimes for the right reasons though. Whereas Jimmy is noticable to the people who are paying attention to the little aspects of his game that are lacking

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Needs talent to play with,especially a shooter...When Pinto is healthy he likely should change slots with Norris

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Both are perimeter players, but Jimmy has the edge more potential based on his speed and vision alone. There were way too many games where Silf was invisible, sometimes for the right reasons though. Whereas Jimmy is noticable to the people who are paying attention to the little aspects of his game that are lacking

he seems to be struggling with his shot A after he passed up shooting on the 2 on 1 he shot everything after that but I do question his shot - not that he’s not scoring with it but it also doesn’t seem to create secondary chances or chaos on the goalie - it’s usually 1 and done when he shoots

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
We can all agree that Stutzle is no Crosby; he needs good players alongside him.

are you comparing Tierney and Ennis to Recchi and Leclaire? cause Crosby didn't have slouches on his wings his first couple seasons either...

that I think is the argument right there for bringing in some talented vets to teach the young kids while they are still young... Imagine Stutzle with Giroux or Henrique instead of Tierney? Or someone like Joe Pavelski or Rickard Rakell on his right side instead of Tyler Ennis...

Imagine next year:

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson

Stutzle - Giroux - Rakell

Paul - Pinto - Brown

Formenton - Gambrell - Watson

To me that gives us 2 legit scoring lines and allows us to insulate Pinto and teach him a great defensive game with Paul and Brown.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
FDi-0dZXEAMA7oV

wew lad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad