Player Discussion Tim Stützle - L̶W̶/C - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I see it, but he's been as bad as the next guy this season.

It's the coach. I made a post a few pages back saying Stutzle been struggling and making boneheaded moves and attacked by posters who don't have a clue what I was insinuating.

Players, no matter how good, will go through such stretches, most particularly young ones; it is then up to the coach to enforce accountability by usage and message sending so as to affirm the expectations of everyone on the team and to abide by the system in place. It is what sets the culture and professionalism among all players in the lineup. It took Tkachuk yelling at Stutzle on the bench for us to see a message delivered.

DJ hasn't done squat shit and therefore we are seeing everyone do their own thing "trying hard" but with no standard set by the coach.

I am not going to pretend like I know what is happening in the lockerroom, maybe that's where DJ is getting his point across(with Stutzle playing more responsibly now) but all I know is that we look just as disjointed than we did at the beginning of the season.

And for 4 years in a row we are out of the playoffs before December even hit. Despicable.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Timmy like Alfredsson is one of our more passionate and competitive players on the team. Perhaps the most, and he actually has the skill level to lead his team to wins.

Much like Alfredsson I think he is trying to do way too much because he feels personally responsible for the teams failures.

I wish we had Alfie around to talk to these kids already.
I'm actually slightly offended by this take. Skill alone doesn't win games, Alfredsson was a little monster on the puck always (except that Pominville goal), the compete and skill level between the two is completely uncomparable imo.

Reactions: bicboi64

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
That would be fine complaining, Coladin roasted the player, like he is the only one responsible for the way we’re playing, it came off as petty.
Well, everyone seems to be putting in on the coach. That is one person.

He will be a great player. But when you lose so many games by one goal, well, that isn't because of Zaitsev. Tim has been a disaster defensively, and is a giveaway machine. You can point to games where a combination of not scoring/bad giveaway by Stutzle has resulted in a W. The margins are that fine with this team.

If you think it is unfair, that's fine. But he is not helping his team win. Oh wow, another point last night.

This is nonsense.

Stu isn't responsible for any loss. Teams win and lose together and more often than not Stu has been a very positive presence.
Nonsense. When you win/lose by a goal, I can point to games that are on him. One goal losses, it isn't hard to do. Or figure out. Unfair? Of course. But just as unfair as it is blaming a coach because Tim can't beat a scrub in SJ in all alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoardsofCanada

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Well, everyone seems to be putting in on the coach. That is one person.

He will be a great player. But when you lose so many games by one goal, well, that isn't because of Zaitsev. Tim has been a disaster defensively, and is a giveaway machine. You can point to games where a combination of not scoring/bad giveaway by Stutzle has resultedin a W. The margins are that fine with this team.

This thing is, the majority of our forwards are terrible defensively, especially Tkachuk, Stützle and Batherson. And they're on the ice for 20 minutes a game.

You can coach defence. DJ hasn't done it. Marian Hossa and Radek Bonk didn't enter the league as top-end defensive forwards. Jacques Martin turned them into those players.

DJ is happy letting these guys play offence all the time, and pats them on the back for "working hard" when they get a bunch of shots. But blowing the zone early? Giving up on backchecks? Turning it over at the blueline? Who cares.

That's probably why they like him so much. It's easy playing for him. They get their points. There's no accountability. They're told how good they are even when they're in 2nd last place in the league.

Last edited:

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
When Tim Stutzle, Brady Tkachuk, and Claude Giroux step on the ice, they will dominate. The organization has been on a roller coaster for a few months, but there are some positive signs. The development of Stutzle, the maturity of the captain, and the calming influence of the veteran leader are positive.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Tim really misses Josh Norris who can handle defense taking the hard matchups at C. He's developing, has great skillset for PK glad they're using him there now. The guy just oozes talent and dynamism, he can't help to put up points no matter how he's playing. He'll be insane in a couple years.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The Stars did star things out there tonight, including Stu. Hell of a game from Brass and Joseph too.

And look, a Win!

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Timmy really needs to shoot more. It really seems like he will be Spezza 2.0 for that.

His goal today was an absolute snipe and he hit the post too on a nice one timer in the usual Norris spot.

I understand he’s young and wants to dish to his teammates and it’s part of the hockey culture but it’s time to be a bit more selfish.

It’s crazy to say because he’s on pace for over 32 goals…

Reactions: NB613 and Agent Zub

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Timmy really needs to shoot more. It really seems like he will be Spezza 2.0 for that.

His goal today was an absolute snipe and he hit the post too on a nice one timer in the usual Norris spot.
He has obviously been working on his one-timer and they are looking for it pretty consistently now.

If he adds a legit one-timer that he can score with consistently he will be really sick. Alfie worked on his shot for years and then that one timer was deadly, changed him as a scoring threat.

Timmy going to be a real force soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad