Player Discussion Tim Stützle - (C) - Part VI

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Scored a nice goal last night. After seeing Byfield's goal last night, I got salty for a second that we weren't able to draft him (I really wanted him), but then I remembered, even with a 'down' year, Stu is still scoring more than him.

Super happy we have him and hope he keeps improving his game.

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Scored a nice goal last night. After seeing Byfield's goal last night, I got salty for a second that we weren't able to draft him (I really wanted him), but then I remembered, even with a 'down' year, Stu is still scoring more than him.

Super happy we have him and hope he keeps improving his game.
I totally agree. Great goal.

I am so used to seeing McDavid scoring goals of similar ilk where the defense is left on the ground.

McDavid is unique as he does it with almost an effortless combination of skating and stickhandling.

Reactions: Cosmix and bicboi64

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
He might catch fire again for the rest if the season, like last year. Lets see if he can go on a super hot streak and hit that 30 goal mark or end up with 29 goals.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It has been a very inconsistent season for Stutzle but it has been some kind of transition from the previous regime who was not promoting and instilling more complete NHL hockey, healthy 2-way hockey

Despite this, Stutzle is PPG and ONLY 12 NHL players have more ESP (Even Strength Points) so far this season, 7th among Centers...

MacKinnon, McDavid, Kucherov, Matthews, Pastrnak, Hagel, Marner, Pettersson, Panarin, Thomas, JT Miller, Verhaeghe

So all Elite players except Hagel and Verhaeghe who play a lot with Elite players

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Occam's Razor: he was playing through an injury and is recovering. The same plays at the blue line that led to turnovers are working for him right now.

Reactions: bicboi64

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It has been a very inconsistent season for Stutzle but it has been some kind of transition from the previous regime who was not promoting and instilling more complete NHL hockey, healthy 2-way hockey

Despite this, Stutzle is PPG and ONLY 12 NHL players have more ESP (Even Strength Points) so far this season, 7th among Centers...

MacKinnon, McDavid, Kucherov, Matthews, Pastrnak, Hagel, Marner, Pettersson, Panarin, Thomas, JT Miller, Verhaeghe

So all Elite players except Hagel and Verhaeghe who play a lot with Elite players

Nobody is impressed by this stat?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It took him some time to adjust to how the new coach wanted him to play. I think he's there now.

And he's picking his moments better of when to keep possession and when to move it quickly.

The best players in the league know when to move the puck quickly. Kucherov is a master at it.

Stutzle, recently, has been moving the puck quicker and it's gotten his teammates spectacular looks. Perfect example is the Chabot goal. Earlier on in the year he would have held it for a second longer hoping to establish his own play but instead differed to a clearly more dangerous look by Chabot.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He needs to work on his shot, a lot of room to improve.

The good news is that it should be able to be improved with time as he gets stronger.

He's been in the league for 4 years so people forget he's only 22. Still needs to get his legs under him.

If his shot improves and he starts to be able to drive around defenders without falling down, look out NHL.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
My four year old is starting to get interested in hockey, doesn’t really understand “game time” (and I’m pretty sure he thinks I’m a Senator for that matter). So I find full games on YouTube to appease him. They have to be recent though, because he’s obsessed with Tkachuk.

Watching last years’s games, something about Timmy last season, he looked more confident, more dangerous.

Watching him plateau/regress this year, particularly on goal scoring, is really disappointing. We were so fired up for the continued progression to superstar.

I hope this season will be remembered as an off season, even if he’s still putting up the points.

We need this kid to reach his potential, I hope he’s not there.

Jake too, he looked so much more dangerous and dynamic to start this year. We need him to get to Norris caliber and be the face of this team alongside Stü and Brady.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Anyone one worried about Stutzle lives in the moment and really needs to get some help. He’s not McDavid or Crosby but he is the next level.

Reactions: Relapsing

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This post is highly perplexing
I wish he'd inflate his stats like that more often and then our PP would be fixed, one man zone entry, pushes defenders back with his speed and drops it off to Tank in a prime situation where he can either shoot from a dangerous spot or, as he did, pass to Chych

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I wish he'd inflate his stats like that more often and then our PP would be fixed, one man zone entry, pushes defenders back with his speed and drops it off to Tank in a prime situation where he can either shoot from a dangerous spot or, as he did, pass to Chych

He pretty much created this goal. This is not an undeserved « secondary assist », not even close

Do you know that post was pure sarcasm

No, I missed it. I assumed it wasn't because of another post quoting you but it looks like I should have quoted the post that was quoted by the post you quoted lol

Last edited:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
My four year old is starting to get interested in hockey, doesn’t really understand “game time” (and I’m pretty sure he thinks I’m a Senator for that matter).
LOL! My kids did too! They told everyone at school I played for the Sens. I think I'd pack up to play beer league, and my wife would turn on a hockey game, never thinking the kids would associate the two.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Anyone one worried about Stutzle lives in the moment and really needs to get some help. He’s not McDavid or Crosby but he is the next level.
I wish those people wouldn’t post here. I stay off most social media to avoid the nutcases. I like to think it’s just a handful of the thousands of fans that come up with these dumb takes. The rest of us have to be better at ignoring them.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
29 pts in 26 games under DJ this season, 91 pts pace

5 pts in his first 11 under Jacques, 37 pts pace

19 pts in his last 17, 91 pts pace.

It took him some time to adjust to how the new coach wanted him to play. I think he's there now.

So basically they readjusted under Jacques to get back to DJ's level?

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Those worried about Stutzle.. star players always have dips in their careers. It's never a linear ascent. Look at Nathan MacKinnon's 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons. It wasn't untl his 5th season that he really started to kick ass. Ya'll need to relax about Stutzle. He's supremely talented and more importantly, he's hungry. I think he'll become a consistent 100 point player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad