Player Discussion Tim Stützle - (C) - Part VI

Schmautz11

Oct 5, 2007
To me, it looks like he is always a little off balance and a blink away from losing control of the puck. Fighting it even when he has all the time in the world. When I watch Caufield for example, he is much more in control of himself and the puck. Just an observation.

His hitting is somewhat comical as it appears like he is trying to hit his opponent as softly as possible, with the more than occasional spin off wipe out. Lastly, takes too long to shoot.

But skill out the yingyang and still young. Could be fighting confidence issues too. I am pretty sure he can put it together so hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think he has been battling some nagging injuries all season, and as a young player he is still learning how to battle through that. As others pointed out, McDavid went through a cold streak also, which also matched up to a time that he was playing hurt...

Reactions: bert and DrEasy

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Timmy has been a big disappointment this year as he's not really making the plays we thought. His 12 goals are 4 less than expected and has only 14 primary assists. However he has 23 secondary assists which inflate his point total. In comparison Brady has 17 primary assists but only 2 secondary assists.

Keli

Oct 6, 2020
Timmy has been a big disappointment this year as he's not really making the plays we thought. His 12 goals are 4 less than expected and has only 14 primary assists. However he has 23 secondary assists which inflate his point total. In comparison Brady has 17 primary assists but only 2 secondary assists.
I feel like it’s a combination of pressure to perform first year into his big contract and things not going for him early in the season. Might be slightly injured too. Hopefully he matures and bounce back next season.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Beauty goal from this kid today, from someone who doesnt watch the Sens a lot but likes the team, how come Stutzle isnt on the first pp?
Zero pp goals for him all season is crazy, is he just bad at it? Hard to think so.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Beauty goal from this kid today, from someone who doesnt watch the Sens a lot but likes the team, how come Stutzle isnt on the first pp?
Zero pp goals for him all season is crazy, is he just bad at it? Hard to think so.

Our PP hasn't been good and Jacques Martin probably wasn't impressed with a couple of the giveaways (passes through the middle, even in the offensive zone) in the second period and early third tonight.

Reactions: bert and Gnome17

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Secondary assists don't "inflate" the point total, they are completely normal assists...

In fact, for every ticky-tacky secondary assist with little involvement, you can find more where the second assist was important if not the sole reason for the chance to be created in the first place.

The only thing you can learn from the stats you posted is that someone who has barely any secondary assists probably isn't a playmaker but either a shooter or net-front presence.

Reactions: Hun

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Most notable Stuetzle happening in yesterdays games was, IMO, the final shift of the 2nd period.

Believe the Sens were up by two at that point and with about 40 seconds left the Sens took control at their own blueline and Stuetzle + Joseph headed through the neutral zone against two Tampa d-men. Stuetzle tried to force a pass over to Joseph and it was picked off at the Tampa blue line... they move it in to the Sens zone and had sustained pressure for the rest of the period.

After the buzzer you could just see a quick glimpse of Stuetzel slamming his stick in to the ice.

He'd made a mistake, should have gotten the puck in deep. And, I am assuming, he knew he'd made a mistake and was angry with himself.

Reactions: bert

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We have Norris
It's enough

MrGuyPerson

Aug 19, 2020
Whats going on there exactly? Why is he on the first pp on his wrong side... The pp is the one thing I havent liked since the coaching change. Stutzle is very dangerous from that side.
I also have not been a fan. It seems like they are trying to have 2 good powers plays. I think that is a bad strategy. I think if they loaded up the first unit they would see better results. Vlad's probably on his way out which stinks, but I really think an impressive unit would have been:

Chabot
Stu - Vlad - Giroux
Tkachuk

I get swapping Sandy in for Chabot, but I think Chabot still runs the powerplay slightly better. I also get that Norris, Pinto, Batherson, and Grieg are keys to the future, but I think the lineup above could be a real force

Reactions: bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I know he's been inconsistent but Martian needs to stop dicking around and put Timmy back on PP1.
Dicking around you say
1708457938753.png

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Secondary assists don't "inflate" the point total, they are completely normal assists...

In fact, for every ticky-tacky secondary assist with little involvement, you can find more where the second assist was important if not the sole reason for the chance to be created in the first place.

The only thing you can learn from the stats you posted is that someone who has barely any secondary assists probably isn't a playmaker but either a shooter or net-front presence.

He just wanted to pump up Brady is all. Have to say it was a cute effort

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Secondary and primary assists are worth the same. Not every secondary assist is passing the puck to a guy 100 feet from the net, and not every primary assist is setting a guy up for a tap in. Having them counted as primary vs secondary is disservices to what is actually happening.

You see what happens during the game, docking a guy because his name comes up 2nd on the assist column on the game sheet is bizarre.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I also have not been a fan. It seems like they are trying to have 2 good powers plays. I think that is a bad strategy. I think if they loaded up the first unit they would see better results. Vlad's probably on his way out which stinks, but I really think an impressive unit would have been:

Chabot
Stu - Vlad - Giroux
Tkachuk

I get swapping Sandy in for Chabot, but I think Chabot still runs the powerplay slightly better. I also get that Norris, Pinto, Batherson, and Grieg are keys to the future, but I think the lineup above could be a real force
I really like Pinto on the PP his inner slot shot is lethal. I also agree that Chabot is the best QB that they have. Giroux without a doubt should be on the pp as well with Pinto over vladdy it gives them 2 righties which should make for a more versatile unit.

Reactions: MrGuyPerson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad