OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I've hated twitter for quite a while because they don't let you view tweets and accounts unless you're a member.

I don't wanna sign up. I have nothing to say on there.

But I do like to read tweets from hockey reporters and stuff like that.
That's originally all I signed up for but the absolute idiocy on there draws me in sometimes and I can't help but engage lol

Reactions: Bleedred

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
She did :laugh:

We hiked Jenny Jump the next day. It was the first time I had been there. I really enjoyed it. Really nice views and since it was Easter we all but had the place to ourselves.
Jenny Jump is a cool place... I hunted there when I was a teenager with a friend...we got there about 4:30 in the morning...and he starts telling me the story of Jenny Jump in the car...I never heard it before that...then we had to walk our separate ways in the pitch black darkness.... I've never been so scared sitting in the woods in the dark in my life. :laugh:

I shot a 6 point that day so I think the spirits of the woods were on my side.

The story of Jenny Jump in case you didn't know m

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
the only thing i know about jenny jump was from my trip to the land of make believe 30 years ago. i wonder if that place is still around

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Jenny Jump is a cool place... I hunted there when I was a teenager with a friend...we got there about 4:30 in the morning...and he starts telling me the story of Jenny Jump in the car...I never heard it before that...then we had to walk our separate ways in the pitch black darkness.... I've never been so scared sitting in the woods in the dark in my life. :laugh:

I shot a 6 point that day so I think the spirits of the woods were on my side.

The story of Jenny Jump in case you didn't know m
There is an even scarier story in the NYC suburbs. It’s called My3Sons wife’s sister. It’s subtitled the hag or the harpy

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Just tied up a dozen stonefly nymphs for myself ...these things look like turds but they really work. Everything eats them.... it's an old pattern developed in the 1940's... original called a "girdle bug".

Legend has it that a Montana guide Frank McGinnis some time in the late 30's or 40's created the pattern. Back then rubber legs weren't available for fly tying...so the story goes Frank stole the rubber bands out of a women's girdle to make the fly....and the girdle bug was born

IMG_20240404_180147938.jpg

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Just tied up a dozen stonefly nymphs for myself ...these things look like turds but they really work. Everything eats them.... it's an old pattern developed in the 1940's... original called a "girdle bug".

Legend has it that a Montana guide Frank McGinnis some time in the late 30's or 40's created the pattern. Back then rubber legs weren't available for fly tying...so the story goes Frank stole the rubber bands out of a women's girdle to make the fly....and the girdle bug was born

View attachment 846056

nice.

would be cool to see the photo with a scale (for size)

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
perfect... you do smaller ones also, right?
Yeah...this is one of the larger trout fly. Stoneflies are on the big side... Salmon flies which is a type of stonefly that are more prevalent out west but we do have them here are huge...They can be close to 2 inches

Most of my flies are a lot smaller. In the 1/2 to 1/4 inch range..

Then some micro stuff that 2 millimeters and less. But the micro and stoneflies are only a tiny portion of the flies I tie. Most in that 1/2 to 1/4 ranges or 10 millimeters to 6 mm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad