OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, this is shades of last game, just the other way around.

We're now score effects'ing them after being down a bunch of goals.

And we're still allowing things like breakaways and some other good chances through it all.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think you meant to post this in the game thread
Ugh

I do that regularly, usually no one is nice enough to let me know. Or they just don't wanna embarrass me.:laugh:

Usually it's in the team thread and not the OT thread.

That's what I get for checking out other threads during a game?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Ugh

I do that regularly, usually no one is nice enough to let me know. Or they just don't wanna embarrass me.:laugh:

Usually it's in the team thread and not the OT thread.

That's what I get for checking out other threads during a game?

I’m happy to be nice and embarrass you. No need to thank me

Reactions: Bleedred

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
There are no youtube link, but if you can, try to listen on spotify or on apple music
"Brittany Howard - What now" song
overall very versatile and creative album. It is a second solo album of Brittany Howard - lead singer and guitarist from Alabama Shakes.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
There are no youtube link, but if you can, try to listen on spotify or on apple music
overall very versatile and creative album. It is a second solo album of Brittany Howard - lead singer and guitarist from Alabama Shakes.

great voice and production... sounds good

CBC radio 2 has played the shakes and solo brittany many times over the last few years

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
8 hours of training course tomorrow monday

and again 8 hours tuesday. shit aint cheap ......650/person +hst ... 2 people

but there was another fee when i booked this a couple of weeks ago ...

lunch provided 20$ per person....per day. ya. what the f***?

i called back after getting the email from them and the meals have been comped.

i cant pay for food that i dont even know what it will be.

Last edited:

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

That first Alabama Shakes album is fantastic. I like a lot of their / her other work, but that first album is amazing.

Reactions: Guadana

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
8 hours of training course tomorrow monday

and again 8 hours tuesday. shit aint cheap ......650/person +hst ... 2 people

but there was another fee when i booked this a couple of weeks ago ...

lunch provided 20$ per person....per day. ya. what the f***?

i called back after getting the email from them and the meals have been comped.

i cant pay for food that i dont even know what it will be.

lunch was a sandwich from this place https://www.yelp.ca/biz/california-sandwiches-vaughan (which was across the street from the training center)

waaaay too much food and felt like garbage the rest of the day... passed out on couch as soon as i got home....

i dont usually eat at noon and never that much food...

also wondering why they charge 20 bucks for lunch when the menu they handed us says the sandwiches are 10 dollars?! making money off of selling lunch i could walk across the street to get?

shameful.

tomorrow im told is firehouse subs....which i've never had and i know i will feel like crap afterwards. maybe a cold sub and only eat half....the other half....

save it for later

Last edited:
Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
lunch was a sandwich from this place https://www.yelp.ca/biz/california-sandwiches-vaughan (which was across the street from the training center)

waaaay too much food and felt like garbage the rest of the day... passed out on couch as soon as i got home....

i dont usually eat at noon and never that much food...

also wondering why they charge 20 bucks for lunch when the menu they handed us says the sandwiches are 10 dollars?! making money off of selling lunch i could walk across the street to get?

shameful.

tomorrow im told is firehouse subs....which i've never had and i know i will feel like crap afterwards. maybe a cold sub and only eat half....the other half....

save it for later

What is "way too much food"?

This is a foreign concept to me :)

• Haha
Reactions: njdevils1982

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My wife made me Taylor ham,egg and cheese this morning. So good I took a picture of the second half.

IMG_20240320_120526927_1.jpg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
only thing that would make it better is pork roll
Aren't you a northern New Jersey guy?

I don't say Jersey either....and there's no such thing as central New Jersey.

But I think I found the dividing line....of the North and the South ... Somerset Diner on Easton Ave in Somerset list Taylor Ham on their menu....Omega Diner on Rt 1 in North Brunswick is like 2/3 miles south in a straight line and list it as Pork Roll on their menu.... it's virtually the same town. I think that's the Mason Dixon line.

But Pork Roll is generic.... I want Taylor's Ham damnit! Not some random cylindrical mystery meat.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And when I say Band-aid I mean Johnson & Johnson Band-Aids not a random adhesive bandage.

Same for Qtip and Jell-O. :)

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
Aren't you a northern New Jersey guy?

I don't say Jersey either....and there's no such thing as central New Jersey.

But I think I found the dividing line....of the North and the South ... Somerset Diner on Easton Ave in Somerset list Taylor Ham on their menu....Omega Diner on Rt 1 in North Brunswick is like 2/3 miles south in a straight line and list it as Pork Roll on their menu.... it's virtually the same town. I think that's the Mason Dixon line.

But Pork Roll is generic.... I want Taylor's Ham damnit! Not some random cylindrical mystery meat.

I'm certainly not south south jersey. And I'm not north north jersey. Parts of middlesex and monmouth county.

And I know those diners well. I initially was gonna argue against Omega and say its North Jersey... but it is indeed south of the Raritan - which is generally my personal dividing line.

Technically Somerset Diner is south of it too - but I don't think that counts entirely if you can throw a rock and hit the river from the parking lot.

And when I say Band-aid I mean Johnson & Johnson Band-Aids not a random adhesive bandage.

Same for Qtip and Jell-O. :)

Best I can do is give you Styrofoam

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'm certainly not south south jersey. And I'm not north north jersey. Parts of middlesex and monmouth county.

And I know those diners well. I initially was gonna argue against Omega and say its North Jersey... but it is indeed south of the Raritan - which is generally my personal dividing line.

Technically Somerset Diner is south of it too - but I don't think that counts entirely if you can throw a rock and hit the river from the parking lot.

Best I can do is give you Styrofoam
I’m really South Jersey

• Haha
Reactions: JimEIV and Bleedred

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i hereby renounce my canadian citizenship after watching tonight's juno awards. this is music.

a tiktok fan choice award?!

99% of it was comedy to me along with the overt pandering to ..you get a car , you get a a car, ... everyone gets a car.... we all get recognizied!... so much inclusion!

if you try too hard it loses it's impact. it was a farce akin get participation ribbons

reminded me of the tim horton's ads in the stores "come join our team"

check all the boxes on the models in the promo photo.

Last edited:

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Ugh absolutely awful...

Different video for the camera angle, obviously we have no idea if it was intentional or not but you can see the ships lights go on and off so maybe they were having electrical problems, I have absolutely no idea but if this was intentional you would think they would do it during a busy rush hour, my guess is the cargo ship will be discovered to be poorly maintained...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Better Call Sal

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Ugh absolutely awful...

Different video for the camera angle, obviously we have no idea if it was intentional or not but you can see the ships lights go on and off so maybe they were having electrical problems, I have absolutely no idea but if this was intentional you would think they would do it during a busy rush hour, my guess is the cargo ship will be discovered to be poorly maintained...

It's brutal. Still way too early to know much, but at least initially it seems to appear it was accidental due to a fire and/or power loss on the cargo ship. Hoping at least some of the people on the bridge at the time were able to survive.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad