OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
I legit thought the washer in my house was doing something insane because I just started doing laundry with the day off from work lmao
Same. Between being garbage day and the loud ass garbage trucks and the spin cycle going off as it was happening I was like "meh, nbd".

Reactions: JimEIV

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Epicenter was ~20 miles from my office, which is connected to a manufacturing plant. Our building was shaking and we were being told to run out of the office. My initial thought was that equipment in the plant was malfunctioning and something was about to blow. Wasn't until we were outside and got texts that I realized it was an earthquake.

Just glad I didn't pull a complete Costanza on the way out the building, but I was hustling.

af6025914f8f5289e317e724f61bfc92.gif

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Epicenter was ~20 miles from my office, which is connected to a manufacturing plant. Our building was shaking and we were being told to run out of the office. My initial thought was that equipment in the plant was malfunctioning and something was about to blow. Wasn't until we were outside and got texts that I realized it was an earthquake.

Just glad I didn't pull a complete Costanza on the way out the building, but I was hustling.

af6025914f8f5289e317e724f61bfc92.gif

Jeez man, I can't even imagine what that felt like. The obvious parallel is 9/11 when you get told for something like this when you're at work and being told to haul ass. Glad you're ok and everyone in this thread that can joke about including myself lmao

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Somehow I didn't feel anything in my area and I'm closer to the center than the people who felt it elsewhere further away from me.

Think on the first watchung mountain range I'm on somehow didn't affect me. Solid rock I guess is under us. In Cedar Grove/Verona area.

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Somehow I didn't feel anything in my area and I'm closer to the center than the people who felt it elsewhere further away from me.

Think on the first watchung mountain range I'm on somehow didn't affect me. Solid rock I guess is under us. In Cedar Grove/Verona area.
Were you a Verona Hill Billy? Every time we played them I shit talked nonstop over that mascot. I have a lot of great sister lines.

I actually had two O linemen belly laughing from Verona.

• Haha
Reactions: Whaddagoal

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Wild for sure. First time I've ever experienced a quake. Considering it was a 4.8, we should be thankful it wasn't a 5.8 (10x stronger) or 6.8 (100 times stronger).

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Were you a Verona Hill Billy? Every time we played them I shit talked nonstop over that mascot. I have a lot of great sister lines.

I actually had two O linemen belly laughing from Verona.

Haha, well originally I'm from Montclair so no we had a different mascot. But I can relate.

But since I've moved a few towns over decades later.

Reactions: JimEIV

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe the quake was from @Bleedred crash landing in NJ when he heard the Todd McClellan suggestions
It came a couple days too late then lol.

I was still living up there when the 2011 one happened. I was at the beach in the ocean when it happened. I don't think I realized it was an earthquake until after I got out of the water.

Reactions: JK3 and My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My sister in law called me from France and asked me if everything was ok from the earthquake.

I told her there were gas fires, down power lines and buildings fell all over our community but I can't talk right now because we are evacuating.

Today is my wife's birthday and that's why she called but I'm 3 Martini's in at 6:00pm

My wife is on the phone now reassuring her mother and sister that everything is ok after what I said :lol:

Last edited:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
It came a couple days too late then lol.

I was still living up there when the 2011 one happened. I was at the beach in the ocean when it happened. I don't think I realized it was an earthquake until after I got out of the water.
Haha yeah I was in my boat when that happened, when I got back everyone was losing their minds, I didn't feel a thing except the date I was on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad