Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Extended 8 years 8M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
They won't sent JBD down. He won't clear this time. They need the depth.

They will send down forwards until they are compliant. Depending on how many other players are on IR, they may have to pay 10F/7D for a game before qualifying for an emergency call up.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
They won't sent JBD down. He won't clear this time. They need the depth.

They will send down forwards until they are compliant. Depending on how many other players are on IR, they may have to pay 10F/7D for a game before qualifying for an emergency call up.

Yeah and 14 forwards are up, we have 7 D-men. Doesn;t make sense to waive or send down a D-man. I would much rather have 12 forwards and 7 D-men

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
I said the Sens giving out these big contracts without showing any sign of winning in the playoffs was foolish and tons of Sens fans got so offended.

If it is a HOF level player or something and a team makes an exception but many teams do it with B grade level starters and burns them especially when they were not a playoff team in the first place.

BradyTkachucky

Jul 31, 2005
Ottawa
I said the Sens giving out these big contracts without showing any sign of winning in the playoffs was foolish and tons of Sens fans got so offended.

If it is a HOF level player or something and a team makes an exception but many teams do it with B grade level starters and burns them especially when they were not a playoff team in the first place.
go away

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005

You're a looooong way from home yuppy boy.

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
I had nice intentions and was trying to be helpful and I was just insulted by the majority of sens fans on here who replied to me. You ended up firing your GM where tons of sens fans were defending his moves to me. It is just crazy to me.

I wish the Sens well though I truly do.

You're a looooong way from home yuppy boy.
Is this Canadian manners or Senator fan manners to speak like this?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I had nice intentions and was trying to be helpful and I was just insulted by the majority of sens fans on here who replied to me. You ended up firing your GM where tons of sens fans were defending his moves to me. It is just crazy to me.

lol you think majority of senators fans were defending Dorion?

and dude no one knows or cares who you are or what you said.

MoreGore

Jul 13, 2022

They had to sign these contracts. Next year they will have a lot of cap space and all the keys locked up.

I admit to being extremely disappointed with the results, but it seems to be a lack of experience and structure, not talent.

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
lol you think majority of senators fans were defending Dorion?

and dude no one knows or cares who you are or what you said.
Most sens fans were saying how great the Tim Stützle contract was and some of his other moves. If you look at my post history you will see how wrong you are about sens fans not caring about what I said.

They cared too much was the problem.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Most sens fans were saying how great the Tim Stützle contract was and some of his other moves. If you look at my post history you will see how wrong you are about sens fans not caring about what I said.

Tim Stutzle contract is great lol.

Deal with it.

Reactions: Dionysus

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
They had to sign these contracts. Next year they will have a lot of cap space and all the keys locked up.

I admit to being extremely disappointed with the results, but it seems to be a lack of experience and structure, not talent.
They did not have to sign them to those contracts. You want to give out bigger contracts when the team has already proved it can win in the playoffs. You could make an exception if you think some player is HOF but generally paying out early just hurts the team.

The Sens have good players but all teams in the bottom 10 do. Not a single team who had a top 10 pick in the draft even traded down for insurance reasons from being wrong. It is sooo risky but granted there is risks when you trade down too.

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
Tim Stutzle contract is great lol.

Deal with it.
Giving a big contract to any player when you not a legit cup contender is never great bro. Even if you gave it to sure thing HOF player, if you never won 1 round in the playoffs with that guy you are throwing away what you could have done with his cap room.

8 mill is a lot of cap room and some teams that are short of it would pay the sens multiple top 100 prospects to get a slice of that. Those draft picks and AHL players could end up turning the team around and they are cheap players.

If the Sens were going to win at least 2 rounds in the playoffs most years he was there you could make the argument to me his contract is great.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Giving a big contract to any player when you not a legit cup contender is never great bro. Even if you gave it to sure thing HOF player, if you never won 1 round in the playoffs with that guy you are throwing away what you could have done with his cap room.

8 mill is a lot of cap room and some teams that are short of it would pay the sens multiple top 100 prospects to get a slice of that. Those draft picks and AHL players could end up turning the team around and they are cheap players.

If the Sens were going to win at least 2 rounds in the playoffs most years he was there you could make the argument to me his contract is great.
Dan what I think you should do is take this theory of yours and mosey on over to the Leaf board with it. See if you can get a bigger reaction over there

Reactions: andora and Dionysus

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

The problem you have is you think you are explaining us what went wrong when many of us have seen it coming for years and eventually pretty much everyone except a few fans did

That said, you have the finger on the wrong target, all these contracts are excellent, pretty much the only thing Dorion did well.

So you see? You don’t even get it and you are here telling us what happened.

Tim Stutzle has one of the best contracts in the league and is one of the most valuable assets as well. He is 21 y/o

Now look at PPGs since last season when he was 20… he’s Top-20 lol

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and Icelevel

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
The big contracts given to the core were among the least offensive things Dorion has done. The hits cover up the misses.
Big contracts on bottom 10 teams generally hurts all of them.

The Johnny Hockey contract was always bad. The Tomas Hertl contract was always bad and he is allegedly having the best year if his whole career. It is just wasted cap room when you could trade it for a cheaper prospect/s you really want and since they going to lose anyway it is all the more reason.

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
Dan what I think you should do is take this theory of yours and mosey on over to the Leaf board with it. See if you can get a bigger reaction over there
They leafs at least make the playoffs. If you going to give out bad contracts at least they make it to the dance / show even if they blow it.

The leafs COULD get hot in the playoffs. The 16 team who do not do not even get the chance to get hot.

Many Leafs fans were begging for the team to trade a member of their core to improve the overall team and the team would not do it. I get why some of them are bitter.

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
The problem you have is you think you are explaining us what went wrong when many of us have seen it coming for years and eventually pretty much everyone except a few fans did

That said, you have the finger on the wrong target, all these contracts are excellent, pretty much the only thing Dorion did well.

So you see? You don’t even get it and you are here telling us what happened.

Tim Stutzle has one of the best contracts in the league and is one of the most valuable assets as well. He is 21 y/o

Now look at PPGs since last season when he was 20… he’s Top-20 lol
Most NHL fans "not just sens" have no understanding of cap dump trades at all. Just like most NHL fans think trading down with a top 10 pick is worse than keeping the pick if you not a playoff team.

If I was an NHL fan and had no real understanding of both of those things of course I could get why so many sens fans took offense or anyone who reads / hears what I say.

I will give you a non sens example from another bottom 10 team.

The sharks last GM gave Tomas Hertl a huge contract and he is allegedly having the best year of his whole career and the sharks are still awful. It is just wasted cap room that they could trade for prospects. This is similar to some Sens contracts.

If the sharks were winning 2 rounds in the playoffs or more most years the Hertl contract is WAY better.

The sharks current GM traded Timo Meier who is a similar quality player as Hertl even though at the time of the trade it made the sharks worse.

The sharks got Zetterland and 2 high prospects in the draft and they do not have to pay the 8.8 mill a year Meier makes when they were not going to make the playoffs anyway. This is the type of trade bottom 10 / non playoff teams should do.

As for top 10 picks in the draft most of those players never win a cup with the team who drafts them or at all. This is a factual statement and not my opinion. It is generally safer to trade down because you can get free extra prospects from other teams as insurance but most fans who read / hear this would never want their favorite team to do this even if I factually proved to them I was right.

Cap dump trades are like free prospects to help a bad team with the draft picks or AHL players they give your team to do it with them. You could even ask for NHL player that is cheap that you like from them.

Most bottom 10 teams keep giving out bad contracts like Johnny Hockey and countless others.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Cap gymnastics:

Chabot in / JBD down to BSens (I hope JBD is an injury call up so he doesn't have to clear waivers but can't recall). Truly an unfortunate situation with Hammer's NMC.
Joseph in / Smejkal down to BSens. I like Smejkal but he doesn't have to clear waivers, no cap to keep him.
Chartier sent down to BSens as soon as he is available. He played better than Kastelic who is coming around under new coaching.
McEwen sent down to BSens as soon as he is available. Pig shit Dorion anchor for another 2 seasons argh!

A trade or two may be in the offing before Pinto's back in 3-weeks. Kubalik's the odd man out because of his salary as a projected 4th liner when the roster is fully healthy. If push came to shove, he can also be sent down (temporarily/until next IR case) if there are no trade interest for him in the market. Andlauer may need to eat some salaries this season for non-roster players (McEwen, Kubalik), which I think he will if it came to that. Sending someone like Kubalik down may also allow the team to keep 7D (JBD stays) plus Pinto (at his qualifying offer).
PD screwed us good on his way out. Lost the first round pick and left us in cap trouble.
Can we fire him again?

Dan 40 USA

May 8, 2022
I'm just happy Dan is here to explain to us the ways in which Pierre Dorion was bad at running a hockey team.
The majority of Sens fans I have ever talked to think the Tim Stützle contract is good or great when common sense should show it is not.

If the Sens were a sure thing cup contender or he was a HOF player calling that contract good or great would be WAY more understandable.

The Karl trade with the sharks the Sens robbed them. That was a great trade for the Sens. This one Sens fan I talked to said every Sens fan he talked with about it at the time thought the the Sens GM was a fool for doing that trade. Karl was obviously really loved by Sens fans but if what that sens fan told me is true it shows how some fans value feelings over logic. I am obviously not a fan of your last GM "assuming you are a sens fan and not a wings fan" but that trade was fantastic for the sens.

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The majority of Sens fans I have ever talked to think the Tim Stützle contract is good or great when common sense should show it is not.

If the Sens were a sure thing cup contender or he was a HOF player calling that contract good or great would be WAY more understandable.

The Karl trade with the sharks the Sens robbed them. That was a great trade for the Sens. This one Sens fan I talked to said every Sens fan he talked with about it at the time thought the the Sens GM was a fool for doing that trade. Karl was obviously really loved by Sens fans but if what that sens fan told me is true it shows how some fans value feelings over logic. I am obviously not a fan of your last GM but that trade was fantastic for the sens.
Buzz out troll.

I just checked your history, had 2 initial posts, then everyone since has been in one Stutzle thread and now in this forum.

For Sens fans, this is the poster that said this in the Stutzle thread, and went on and on about it.

Tim Stützle costs more than 9 2nd round picks that is factual and not trolling when I say that.

You just created the account to troll Sens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icelevel

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Dude, no wants to listen to your 'I told you so' posts. Just go away. If Sens fans were on your case then you think we're going to be ok with it now for some reason? On our board no less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad