Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Extended 8 years 8M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Babe. I'm not saying your opinions don't count, but you're often as wrong as the posters you aggressively belittle.

Off the top of my head: your pining to trade for superstar Josh Anderson. Man of 2 A in 19 games this season, at the tender age of 29.
“Babe”… is this a domestic on HFB? That would be a first

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Team is so much better offensively with him in the lineup.

He's elite in transition, it feels that people who want to dump him don't understand all parts of the game

JBD or Hamonic are better "defensively" than Chabot, like blocking a shot, throwing a hit, winning a puck battle, taking care of the front of the net... but a coach is still going to use Chabot a lot more and against better players. Driving offense and transitioning efficiently makes you spend much less time defending...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I really don’t know what to do with Chych after this contract. It’s going to be tough to give him a big money, long term deal.

Sens can use all 3 for 22-25ish mins, but I’m not sure where those minutes come from with PK and PP duties amongst the D core.

Sanderson looks good everywhere, so here’s hoping he can play in the right side moving forward.

Make no mistake, the D should be built around Sanderson, he is an elite, elite D.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I really don’t know what to do with Chych after this contract. It’s going to be tough to give him a big money, long term deal.

Sens can use all 3 for 22-25ish mins, but I’m not sure where those minutes come from with PK and PP duties amongst the D core.

Sanderson looks good everywhere, so here’s hoping he can play in the right side moving forward.

Make no mistake, the D should be built around Sanderson, he is an elite, elite D.

He's the contract to move, that much is clear. Unless he signs in the 6 range.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I think with all factors considered… (and this hopeful and perhaps naive) I don’t think Chyc will try and break the bank. He wants to be here. More so than others.

Reactions: JackieDaytona

Schmautz11

Oct 5, 2007
I've been on Chabots case a lot these last few seasons. Last night was one of his best I've seen in a long time. Hope that type of performance continues to be the norm.

Reactions: Ice-Tray and Codo37

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Nice have Chabby transitioning the puck out of the zone again.

Though was concerned when he went down the tunnel.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

If we keep 3 I would prefer Sanderson, Chabot and Zub. Chychrun (if healthy ) will have a lot of value on the market.. Sandy's play on the right side without drop off will be a factor in the construction. Little bit of time but the timing of a move would also be important because of his contract and avoiding a possible TDL roster loss. The Sens need to get moving on their front office .. lots of work to do.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He's elite in transition, it feels that people who want to dump him don't understand all parts of the game

JBD or Hamonic are better "defensively" than Chabot, like blocking a shot, throwing a hit, winning a puck battle, taking care of the front of the net... but a coach is still going to use Chabot a lot more and against better players. Driving offense and transitioning efficiently makes you spend much less time defending...
Neither JBD nor Hamonic are better defensively.

Maybe throwing a big hit, but I think Chabot just doesn't want to do it.

I know what you are saying, but I still think Chabot is better.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Neither JBD nor Hamonic are better defensively.

Maybe throwing a big hit, but I think Chabot just doesn't want to do it.

I know what you are saying, but I still think Chabot is better.

Of course Chabot is miles better defensively, just because defending is not just throwing hits, blocking shots and playing physical. I have seen a lot of hockey fans not even aware of this, particularly in Erik Karlsson threads

Reactions: OD99

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Staios saying this morning they anticipate having something to share on Chabot's status sometime this afternoon,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad