Recalled/Assigned: Thomas Chabot and Christian Jaros Recalled

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I just discovered if you actually click on the never-ending "Loading tweet..." link then... it totally disappears.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I feel bad for Belleville; that's Harpur, Jaros, and Chabot out at the same time. Going to be rough for them.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Karlsson probably wasn't put on IR because that means he wouldn't be allowed to play for another week. Given he was considered close enough that he might have played last night, I don't think the Sens would risk not being able to dress him for another 7 days if he gets over the hump.

Most likely, Harpur+Oduya are now on IR.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Karlsson probably wasn't put on IR because that means he wouldn't be allowed to play for another week. Given he was considered close enough that he might have played last night, I don't think the Sens would risk not being able to dress him for another 7 days if he gets over the hump.

He was injured for months, so he could be retroactively put on IR and therefore eligible to play on Wednesday (7 days after first day of season)

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Kid should have remained in Belleville. Why rush him like other prospects ie Lazar.

This Management group seems to never learn from their past mistakes. Let the kid develop properly in the AHL; give him a string of 20 games.

What's the point of having him up here to play 5 minutes a night. We all know Boucher doesn't trust the kids. Call up some other body to plug into the lineup for the 5 minutes of playing time.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Kid should have remained in Belleville. Why rush him like other prospects ie Lazar.

This Management group seems to never learn from their past mistakes. Let the kid develop properly in the AHL; give him a string of 20 games.

What's the point of having him up here to play 5 minutes a night. We all know Boucher doesn't trust the kids. Call up some other body to plug into the lineup for the 5 minutes of playing time.

Who do you call up at this point?

Not their fault if 3 of our D are now injured....

Reactions: bert and barabr10

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I see no reason to compare Lazar and Chabot`s situations, two prospects couldn`t be more different. Such a lazy narrative. Prospects should play at the level they are ready for, there is no one size fits all development path.

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
Who do you call up at this point?

Not their fault if 3 of our D are now injured....
Englund Seiloff or sign a unsigned FA like Dennis Wiseman.

There is no gun to Dorions head saying you have to call up Chabot. Always have other options....

ChelFan31

Mar 22, 2016
I see no reason to compare Lazar and Chabot`s situations, two prospects couldn`t be more different. Such a lazy narrative. Prospects should play at the level they are ready for, there is no one size fits all development path.

Boucher himself said Chabot wasn't ready. Why rush him back up after playing 2 games down there. 2 games down there doesn't mean he's ready all of the sudden.

It doesn't hurt to let a kid play AHL games. Look at the Detroit model...better over-ripen then underdeveloped.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I wonder if that is related to the perceived attendance problems this team is having & saying Karlsson might play would sell a few more seats? Or is that another conspiracy theory?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Chabot should have started the year here. He makes this team better. He's probably the most talented player on the team right now with Karlsson out.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

There's a pretty significant difference between committing to a kid out of training camp and declaring him a permanent part of the team before he is ready for that level of responsibility, and temporarily bringing a kid up for a couple of games on emergency injury recall because you're down 3 defencemen and need to dig deep into the system for fresh players.

One is rushing. The other is simply using your depth when unforeseen circumstances forces your hand. There's no doubt that we have rushed players in the past, but let's not start comparing apples to oranges here.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
As long as Chabot isn't bouncing back and forth all season. Right now it's a bit weird with 3 defensemen out. I expect when one comes back, Chabot will be back in Belleville for a good stretch (may til Xmas?).

Reactions: Cosmix

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Chabot should have started the season here, good to see him get the call up, looking forward to seeing him in action.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I wonder if that is related to the perceived attendance problems this team is having & saying Karlsson might play would sell a few more seats? Or is that another conspiracy theory?

If they wanted to sell more seats they would have dressed Chabot in game one. If it was up to Dorion that's probably what would have happened but after the MTL game there was no chance Boucher would have played him. Boucher is paid to win games so he might pretend he's protecting the young guys by playing them very few minutes but he really doesn't trust them. The young guys can't afford to make mistakes so have to play really safe to get more ice but then he says he doesn't want to put them in bad situations when the game is on the line. The problem is that the Sens play a style that tends keep things close which means the game will mostly always be on the line so I don't expect they'll even see much ice time in his system unless he has no one else to turn to. It's not his job to entertain the fans so I guess if he sinks or floats he'll do it primarily with his vets.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I don't want to rush Chabot, but it will be nice if he's the "lite" version of the pp qb we are missing. Give him his 10 game taste at least.
Zone entry is the issue here. Once we set up, it's all about puck movement. Our powerplay hasn't looked as bad as people have led on to believe. I agree that Chabot will be a possible upgrade from Wideman and Phaneuf when it comes to puck movement on the blue line. But, players like Hoffman and Turris have to be more selfish and shoot more.

Reactions: bert

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Boucher himself said Chabot wasn't ready. Why rush him back up after playing 2 games down there. 2 games down there doesn't mean he's ready all of the sudden.

It doesn't hurt to let a kid play AHL games. Look at the Detroit model...better over-ripen then underdeveloped.
Detroit hasnt developed anything in years...decade+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad