Recalled/Assigned: Thomas Chabot and Christian Jaros Recalled

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Zone entry is the issue here. Once we set up, it's all about puck movement. Our powerplay hasn't looked as bad as people have led on to believe. I agree that Chabot will be a possible upgrade from Wideman and Phaneuf when it comes to puck movement on the blue line. But, players like Hoffman and Turris have to be more selfish and shoot more.

Oh I agree that is what I seen last night. The issue is the PP kept relying on the shot setup coming off the point, all the Wings had to do was collapse in and anticipate the point shot. That's where you need the forwards to mix things up and create chances up front to create the opens from the blueline.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I have no problem with this move but what's up with having a good laugh about a steak and a baby?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don’t have an issue with bringing up both Jaros and Chabot, given the injuries to Karlsson, Oduya and now Harpur. Those 2 prospects will probably serve as injury replacements until the injured Dmen return. Both prospects as well as Harpur would develop better playing in the AHL for a while. Bring them up for good when they have adjusted to the pro men game.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Could use Chabot on the powerplay for sure. West coast trip might be a bit rough for the whole team but at least we get it out of the way early this year.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Ehh I don't know. Did you see frk last night. That guy was seen as a lost cause not long ago. Seems decent now. Decade +. Nyquist? Tatar?
like I said. Nothing good developed in over a decade. One of the worst teams in the league with a barren prospect pool

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Can’t wait to see these kids in action, we are already at D 9-10 on the depth chart and I’m excited.

Not sure if it’s hype or it’s legit, but our depth on D looks solid right now.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Could use Chabot on the powerplay for sure. West coast trip might be a bit rough for the whole team but at least we get it out of the way early this year.

Rough, they’ll be golfing and fishing in Vancouver. These guys travel first class, this isn’t like a weekend driving into NYC for a concert, drinking all night, living off of hot dogs and falafels and crashing at the YMCA and have to be back in Ottawa for work 8:00am Monday morning.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Rough, they’ll be golfing and fishing in Vancouver. These guys travel first class, this isn’t like a weekend driving into NYC for a concert, drinking all night, living off of hot dogs and falafels and crashing at the YMCA and have to be back in Ottawa for work 8:00am Monday morning.
It's still not easy, rookies like Chabot and Jaros dealing with the 3 hour time changes for the first time. I seem to recall us always having a difficult time on these trips?

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
This is about the right time to callup Chabot. The right amount of deseration, the depleted "experienced" blueliners ... there is no one with nhl experience available. Jaros and Chabot are the two best unexperienced players.

Let's see how they like a small steak.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ehh I don't know. Did you see frk last night. That guy was seen as a lost cause not long ago. Seems decent now. Decade +. Nyquist? Tatar?

What do backend of the 2nd round and later picks have to do with 1st round highly touted prospects?

Detroit model sure was scared of calling up Larkin. Guys picked in the top 20 typically get called up quicker than guys picked in the second round or later. The myth of the Detroit model came to fame when they simply weren't getting top 20 picks, and often not even 1st rounders, so obviously their prospects were going to spend more time in the minors, they were far less likely to be able to find NHL ready guys given their draft position.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What do backend of the 2nd round and later picks have to do with 1st round highly touted prospects?

Detroit model sure was scared of calling up Larkin. Guys picked in the top 20 typically get called up quicker than guys picked in the second round or later. The myth of the Detroit model came to fame when they simply weren't getting top 20 picks, and often not even 1st rounders, so obviously their prospects were going to spend more time in the minors, they were far less likely to be able to find NHL ready guys given their draft position.
Not sure what you're saying. The guy said Detroit hasn't produced a single good player in over a decade. Immnot saying that they're model is great or not great. But it seems produced some good players. In the last decade.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure what you're saying. The guy said Detroit hasn't produced a single good player in over a decade. Immnot saying that they're model is great or not great. But it seems produced some good players. In the last decade.
Wasn't specifically directed at you, but rather the conversation as a whole. Chelfan was talking about using the Detroit model in reference to Chabot, letting prospects overripen, but it's another lazy narrative, just like the notion that all prospects should develop properly in the AHL.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
like I said. Nothing good developed in over a decade. One of the worst teams in the league with a barren prospect pool

Ottawa on the other hand.........( just players who've made the roster and are still on the team)

Zack Smith & Erik Karlsson, Drafted in 2008
Mike Hoffman, Drafted in 2009
Mark Stone, Drafted in 2010
[URL='http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122661']Jean-Gabriel Pageau & Ryan Dzingel, Drafted in 2011[/URL]
Cody Ceci, Drafted in 2012

Last edited:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I sais they haven't developed any good core players which is true

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I sais they haven't developed any good core players which is true

I'll give them Larkin (who I thought was one of the most unlucky players in the league last year, I don't question his skill whatsoever), and Tatar.

Anthony Mantha looks real good right now as well, but it's clearly too early in his career to call him a core player, even though he looks squarely on the path to stardom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->