• Karl Henriksson

• Filip Chytil

Results are only viewable after voting.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
We have a GM who should know what it is like to provide a contract to a 30 year old center….and then not have it work out.

Surprisingly similar situations.

The Rangers can always put Zibanejad's contract on long term IR and use that money to build their roster on other players. Zibanejad helps the Rangers in the first 4 years of the contract and Mika finishes his contract on long term IR.

Drury signed a 5 year contract. His knee was done by the 4th season of the contract. The Rangers bought out the last season. Looking back, the Rangers should have placed Drury on long term IR and used that $5M on another defenseman.

If the Rangers don't want that contract, another team will acquire the contract. Look at Seabrook's contract.

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The Rangers can always put Zibanejad's contract on long term IR and use that money to build their roster on other players. Zibanejad helps the Rangers in the first 4 years of the contract and Mika finishes his contract on long term IR.

Drury signed a 5 year contract. His knee was done by the 4th season of the contract. The Rangers bought out the last season. Looking back, the Rangers should have placed Drury on long term IR and used that $5M on another defenseman.

If the Rangers don't want that contract, another team will acquire the contract. Look at Seabrook's contract.

The problem is if the player still wants to play even if it’s at the level significantly below the value associated with the contract.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

bold: yes and no
you're right, but only if he is actually injured to a signif degree
and NHL concurs
what if he is not injured, just gets old, and starts to suck.

underline: yes, but that will cost.

best option is overpay w/complete control on moving him, then do so for a premium younger asset

next best option: trade now for best haul as a rental

I am assuming that in no way, paid or overpaid, would he do only 2-3 yr deal.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
And just like with the 2-3 year deal, there's no way he gives up total control on movement. And just like it costing to move a longer contrct later with out it costing, who's going to take on an overpay right away and give you value?

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
The problem is if the player still wants to play even if it’s at the level significantly below the value associated with the contract.
With his history of concussions I feel there is a good chance he'll go LTIR and happily stay there for the last chunk of his contract.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I definitely was wrong there. But notice that all of those teams did lock up those same centers, now they all do have cap issues, but it isn’t primarily because of the centers.
The rangers are likely constructing our roster slightly differently than most of these, as our primary offense is being driven from the wings. So if Mika can retain his 2 way play at least into his 30s his contract will still be valuable.

What is this "2 way play" you speak of?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
With Zib, I'd love if we had an in house replacement for him, we don't. Unless Eichel shows up here, for better or worse, the team will resign him. My only issue with Zib is that he isn't a player you go to war with a guy who has your back, and i think we have too many of those in the top 6. It was my one hangup about losing Buch, while he wasn't physically imposing or anything he wasnt one to take a step back and he would be the first one in if something happened. I've see too many times where Zib and Kreider are coasting around the outside of a scrum. I'm wondering if, maybe not for a Zib replacement but a Strome replacement if we could buy low on Kadri? Someome with some jam that has proven to be able to play with skilled players, has a good shot, responsible defensively. Would a Strome for Kadri deal work for both teams? Id have to know what Kadri's next deal was but for me its something to think about.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
With Zib, I'd love if we had an in house replacement for him, we don't. Unless Eichel shows up here, for better or worse, the team will resign him. My only issue with Zib is that he isn't a player you go to war with a guy who has your back, and i think we have too many of those in the top 6. It was my one hangup about losing Buch, while he wasn't physically imposing or anything he wasnt one to take a step back and he would be the first one in if something happened. I've see too many times where Zib and Kreider are coasting around the outside of a scrum. I'm wondering if, maybe not for a Zib replacement but a Strome replacement if we could buy low on Kadri? Someome with some jam that has proven to be able to play with skilled players, has a good shot, responsible defensively. Would a Strome for Kadri deal work for both teams? Id have to know what Kadri's next deal was but for me its something to think about.
the problem with kadri specifically is he's got too much jam... he takes himself out of almost every series w/ suspensions.
Our top 6 is kakko/laf/kratsov/mika/strome or chytil/panarin.
Of those, mika and maybe chytil are guys who wont protect a teammate. I think you're under estimating how hard the kids play.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
the problem with kadri specifically is he's got too much jam... he takes himself out of almost every series w/ suspensions.
Our top 6 is kakko/laf/kratsov/mika/strome or chytil/panarin.
Of those, mika and maybe chytil are guys who wont protect a teammate. I think you're under estimating how hard the kids play.

Its not even about protecting the teamate per say it just shows a lot about your character and how much you're willing to do to make a team succeed. Yashin was a good example of this, tons of regular season success followed by a disappointing post season, Matthews and Marner are on that road currently, i just feel Zib is in that grouping. There's certainly a difference between him and say guys like Toews, Bergeron, Point, Crosby, Getzlaf, etc etc.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Its not even about protecting the teamate per say it just shows a lot about your character and how much you're willing to do to make a team succeed. Yashin was a good example of this, tons of regular season success followed by a disappointing post season, Matthews and Marner are on that road currently, i just feel Zib is in that grouping. There's certainly a difference between him and say guys like Toews, Bergeron, Point, Crosby, Getzlaf, etc etc.
I think I remember Yashin’s own teammates taking runs at him

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

FOD

Jul 26, 2011
Here's my analysis of the Rangers 1st pre-season game: The Jets were undefeated this year in the preseason.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think he's a great actor. Odd that that scene is the one I've always thought his worst.

I like him too.

The one scene of his that made me cringe was Troy where he's talking to Peter O'Toole.

Some of it was the characters and the way they were written, but having those two in a scene together just highlighted the gap in their respective crafts at the time.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Honestly I think most of it is that it's the first real hockey we've had in a while and people wanted something, anything, like at least a goal to cheer about.

For me, it was kind of a bummer that Turk had to say "they didn't play hard enough".

Keeping in mind not to go overboard because it's just the first game of the preseason. You only get one time to make a first impression and after your play at the end of last season effectively cost your coach, your GM, and your team president their jobs, you'd think playing hard enough, at any point, would be a prerequisite for the vets on this team. If only to send the message to the fans, new coaches and management that things are different this year. In the end we'll see how it unfolds when it counts.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I like him too.

The one scene of his that made me cringe was Troy where he's talking to Peter O'Toole.

Some of it was the characters and the way they were written, but having those two in a scene together just highlighted the gap in their respective crafts at the time.

I met O'Toole on the set of Caligula. Don't remember much of him. He had a storied career, but I particularly liked him in What's New p***ycat?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
With his history of concussions I feel there is a good chance he'll go LTIR and happily stay there for the last chunk of his contract.
This just means he has a good "excuse" to be placed on LTIR if it's mutually agreeable between him and the team, but if he wants to play it won't work. See Lundqvist. I'm sure the Rangers would've prefer to go LTIR route instead of buying him out.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
For reference: Zuccarello made the move to North America at age 23, and didn't become an NHL regular until age 26.

Henriksson is still only 20 years old. At that age, Zuccarello was still playing in the Norwegian league.
Yea exactly, but his game still needs to develop a lot. What was Zucc’s game like at the same age? I have no idea.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He was in 2018-19. Not a lot of evidence to support that since then. Biggest meme going right now.
The stats still show he’s one of the most dangerous and best PKers in the league. There are less than 5 centers in the NHL currently that play PP1 and PK1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad