This is $8.00 in French Fries at a Canucks game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigo85

Apr 24, 2018
The poutine in Toronto is actually decent value for the amount of food and quality. Not a fan of much else there though.

I like the rotisserie chicken poutine. It's probably about $16-$17 CAD menu price and compared to a restaurant it's not that much more. A chip truck would be cheaper/better but that's not a great comparison.

TropicOfNoReturn

May 30, 2021
You think an NHL game is bad, try Disney on Ice. You'll pay $160 for 2 plastic wands that light up and probably costed $0.78 to make in some country I can't pronounce
Oh yeah, I've been there.
This past fall at Disney on Ice I managed to get away with "just" the $40 mickey mouse branded bucket of popcorn

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Everyone responding "just eat before the game" or "go the three hours without eating" doesn't have kids. Or at least kids that they take to games.

Nah. They can starve for a few hours. They will be fine. Teach them young. Be tougher. lol

Agreed. Hunger builds character.

Plus you’ll also teach them the valuable lesson of “you don’t always get what you want in life…”

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Fans are just now realizing that food is marked up like crazy at hockey games?
I'm this case I think it's about the pitiful portion size, rather than the price. People have long accepted that food at sporting events will be insanely overpriced.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Until stupid people stop paying for it they will keep charging crazy prices for it and raising prices every year.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
IMO eating the junky arena food is part of the experience of a hockey game. But unless you're obscenely rich, you can't really justify paying arena food prices anymore if you have time to eat somewhere beforehand. At my local rink, a can of beer was like $20. Absurd.

Just a sad state of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Everyone is barking up the wrong tree here. Shit happens. Sometimes there’s no time to dine before getting into the arena.
That's also true. Say a NHL ticket is $100. That means each period is valued at $33.33. Depending on how rushed you are, it might be worth to eat something at the arena instead of missing the first period. Well from a "value" perspective, not a cash-outflow perspective.

Reactions: TD Charlie

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
It's amazing that you can buy hot dogs at Rogers Arena for $10 and then across the street the same hot dogs are $1.50 (and come with a drink)

The worst part is the beer.

They got you, nothing you can do but pay their price... $25 a beer for the bigger one, or $23 for 2 smaller ones, plus tip..

Not f***ing buying it and drinking before the game is what you do.

Reactions: Fraser28

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Pretty good deal- toronto fan

$8 in Toronto

potato-with-sprouts-isolated-on-a-white-background.jpg
This is probably way more potato than in the OP lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad