This is $8.00 in French Fries at a Canucks game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010

Saw it on the reddit mainboard.
Thought it was worth discussing what the concession has been up to the past couple of years.
It's getting out of hand at Rogers Arena for sure - I am sure this isn't the only city with a terrible rate of return on food, but in my experience at least in American arenas you at least get a decent portion despite paying hand-over-fist.
In Canada you just get the worst of both worlds.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Pretty good deal- toronto fan

$8 in Toronto

potato-with-sprouts-isolated-on-a-white-background.jpg

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Why would anyone ever eat at a hockey game? I've never once done it, always eat before you go.

Erm, this is a pretty strange comment. What if you're going directly from work? I take clients to games all the time. I don't have time to go home, change, eat, and go to the game. We either do dinner before if there is time (99% of the time there is NOT time) or we eat at the arena.

It doesn't hurt that MSG now has great food options. I would've agreed with you back when the only options were like a burger, fries, or chicken tenders.

For example, last game I did with a client we ate at Carnegie Deli and everyone enjoyed the food.

I DO think your post holds true for families if they have time prior. That's where I'd aim to eat before since I can't fathom spending like $30-$40 a person with multiple people in the family to eat food at a game.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Thought maybe they just screwed that person in particular but you definitely can't fit $8 worth of fries on that little platter.

It's really a comical amount of fries, lol.

Concessions are a f'ing joke. My buddy paid $39 for 2 beers and a 4 pack of tiny cookies at a Jets game earlier this season.

The NY Jets (NFL) were so bad the last two years that it was actually cheaper for me to get Club seats (where food is included) than it was for me to get standard seats and buy my clients food. Different sport, but still insanely priced concessions.

That reminds me I need to buy a PSL for the Giants this year...

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If I am going to a hockey game I eat before hand. Otherwise I’m starving for those 3 hrs, not a chance I’m paying those prices. Rip off

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Erm, this is a pretty strange comment. What if you're going directly from work? I take clients to games all the time. I don't have time to go home, change, eat, and go to the game. We either do dinner before if there is time (99% of the time there is NOT time) or we eat at the arena.

It doesn't hurt that MSG now has great food options. I would've agreed with you back when the only options were like a burger, fries, or chicken tenders.

For example, last game I did with a client we ate at Carnegie Deli and everyone enjoyed the food.

I DO think your post holds true for families if they have time prior. That's where I'd aim to eat before since I can't fathom spending like $30-$40 a person with multiple people in the family to eat food at a game.
I'd sooner hit the McDonald's drive thru than eat at a hockey game, If I have tickets for a game it's planned out, I know well in advance when I'm going and what we're doing for food.

I guess that it also helps that I live in a small town 2 hours away from Edmonton so I will always have time to leave work and do all the stuff I need to before I go. Also we're a family of 6 so I'm not paying for tickets only to drop $200 of food.

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese