This is $8.00 in French Fries at a Canucks game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
...inflation caused by fiscal irresponsibility for one.

Get the f*** out of here. There was a global pandemic and people had $0 in income. You're entitled to have that stupid opinion, but at least provide the proper context.

Inflation is caused by greed. Look at their profits. This information is available for free from any publicly-traded company.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
...inflation caused by fiscal irresponsibility for one. Sure, very literally you can say "just don't buy it", but similar to the "just build your own twitter" retort it's silly because these people have to buy food somewhere and if it's not ridiculous pricing at an arena game then it's ridiculous pricing at the grocery store or restaurant.
You don't HAVE to eat at the game. It isn't a food pantry for the less fortunate. It's a luxury. And as I said earlier in the thread, I can buy an entire bag of french fries for half of what they're selling this micro-portion for.

As for new $80k trucks...just don't buy it. Fix up your old truck or buy used instead. Mine is 15 years old. When the engine or transmission goes I'm just swapping it out. $80k? Eff them.

Reactions: nucks88

Dec 29, 2004
As for new $80k trucks...just don't buy it. Fix up your old truck or buy used instead. Mine is 15 years old. When the engine or transmission goes I'm just swapping it out. $80k? Eff them.
Me too. 15 is an old truck, however, at 20 yrs. old you can start calling it a 'Vintage Automobile'. Yes, it has primer on it... I am 'restoring it.'

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Everyone is barking up the wrong tree here. Shit happens. Sometimes there’s no time to dine before getting into the arena.

I expect arena grub to be overpriced. This isn’t overpriced. It’s just disgusting. I don’t think I could serve that in good conscience.

I paid $30 for 10 chicken tendies and a good sized bucket of fries the other night in Boston. It was expensive. It was decent. I moved on. But it filled the bellies of two adults.

Reactions: karltonian

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8055.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Get the f*** out of here. There was a global pandemic and people had $0 in income. You're entitled to have that stupid opinion, but at least provide the proper context.

Inflation is caused by greed. Look at their profits. This information is available for free from any publicly-traded company.

Inflation is caused by artificially increasing the supply of money. Greed has nothing to do with it.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Me too. 15 is an old truck, however, at 20 yrs. old you can start calling it a 'Vintage Automobile'. Yes, it has primer on it... I am 'restoring it.'
At 15 years I no longer have to pass emissions inspection any longer, only safety. Plus I believe at 20 years (or maybe its 25?) you can get "antique" plates here. Sweet! :yo:

Reactions: #37

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
This. Fans are basically bending over and saying “please sir, can I have another” when they pay those prices. Stop buying overpriced shit and the prices will come down
Good luck with that. Most people dont have time to "eat before going to the game" with work/school etc. So they go $8 for fries? $13 for a rye and coke? Jesus thats murder, but heres my debit card"

How far they coming down? $8 to $7.25? Whats even more worse is merch prices for jerseys etc. at the game. The Oilers Store just outside Rogers place had jerseys going for $325 before taxes. Who can afford a $325 jersey. Was afraid to touch it fearing it might break into a hundred pieces.

Reactions: karltonian

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Always just go to a pub close to the arena before the game to eat. Even if the food price was lower or fair, arena food is always terrible anyways. If you time and money to go a game, then I’m sure you have time to do that.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Why would anyone ever eat at a hockey game? I've never once done it, always eat before you go.
Yeah, costs me around 2 euro to make myself a 900 kcal dinner. Definitely don't get hungry during a hockey game after that. And the wallet says thank you.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What's the point of a serving so small? You're done just as you're starting.

They'd make nearly the same profit if they charged an extra couple bucks and doubled the portion. Fries are cheap

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Seriously why do people buy food at concession stands in the arena especially in Vancouver when Costco is right there, like if we stop buying it they will be forced to make it cheaper.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Concessions are forever overpriced. But this is especially sad. Fries are cheap. Don't anger your customers by giving out an insulting portion. Fries are the sorts of things you can be generous with.

Reactions: jokesondee

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Why would anyone ever eat at a hockey game? I've never once done it, always eat before you go.
Exactly. Eat at home or go eat out for much cheaper before hand. The game is only maybe 3 hours. That's nothing. Or just eat afterwards. lol

I paid $40usd for two large beers at kraken arena at an AEW event. I'm sure it's the same for nhl games.
At least tickets are super cheap and the arena's are usually only half filled. WWE tickets are ridiculous. Nosebleeds go for like 150 bucks a pop. You could probably get like 8 AEW tickets in the same area for the same price. lol

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
It's not going to be cheap to eat out at a sporting event, but that is egregious and deserves to be called out. I'd be embarrassed if I worked there and would make sure to throw a few more fries on there at least, lol.

Reactions: Bizz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad