Pre-Game Talk: The Wild invade Ottawa, Tues. 7:00 pm on TSN

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Why are you acting like Vegas somehow had a deep pool of elite players to pick from?

They didn't.

They had scraps that teams didn't want to protect.

They also avoided picking better pieces for their team, in favor of draft picks.

Vegas are good because they play damn hard and play for each other. Not because they are some expansion franchise gifthorse.

Currently with the second best record .697 in the League.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Are you trying to discourage him from posting his BIG secret every 5 seconds

Not posting any secrets, just giving a reality check to those in this forum who are adamant that when the Senators were "only 6 points behind the Bruins, and could easily get back into the playoff race" despite pointing out the "secrets" of games in hand, teams ahead of them in the standings, and the incredible odds they would have to overcome.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Agreed. But I would say, and I will get flamed for this, that Ottawa would easily beat them in a playoff series right now

With Anderson currently having a terrible season, Karlsson not playing up to his standards and our top guys not performing, this team would have a really tough time beating the Knights in a playoff series if the Knights kept on playing the way they are playing. They work hard and skate fast.

The Knights may be young, but they can roll out 4 lines and all 4 of them are being competitive. This is something that cannot be said about the Sens right now.

Sorry, but i just don't see how Ottawa would easily beat them in a playoff series right now with how the Sens are playing and how the Knights are playing.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Not posting any secrets, just giving a reality check to those in this forum who are adamant that when the Senators were "only 6 points behind the Bruins, and could easily get back into the playoff race" despite pointing out the "secrets" of games in hand, teams ahead of them in the standings, and the incredible odds they would have to overcome.
Thanks for the reality check. Literally makes zero difference. We can't do anything differently except maybe stop watching

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
A completely meaningless goal = stat padder.
AGAin. YOure overreacting.

At this point it's not about overreacting, it's about semantics.

Scoring a goal with over 90 seconds left to put your team within two goals isn't a 'completely meaningless goal = stat padder'. At least not imo.

For me, that expression is reserved for:
- empty net goals
- late goals when you're down by a lot (i.e. if Brass had scored his goal with 10 seconds left instead of 90 seconds, it would be a meaningless goal for me)
- goals in a blowout

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Right getting his teams to game 7s where they mostly always dominate and his goalies can't stop a puck.

He can't get out there and stop the pucks and shoot them. He's an amazing coach.
He's an amazing coach that never won a playoff series. its funny but he seems to have good enough goaltending in the regular season? im telling you right now with the shady goaltending we are having it wouldn't matter what coach we would have, we would still be in this situation.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa should consider rebuilding at this point but I wouldn't rebuild with this coach given the kind of players he wants, his system & his adverse opinion of prospects. They should look at a guy who handles young players well & has more of an aggressive & offensive minded game plan. I wonder if Randy Cunneyworth, Van Allen & Luke Richarsson would work?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
At this point it's not about overreacting, it's about semantics.

Scoring a goal with over 90 seconds left to put your team within two goals isn't a 'completely meaningless goal = stat padder'. At least not imo.

For me, that expression is reserved for:
- empty net goals
- late goals when you're down by a lot (i.e. if Brass had scored his goal with 10 seconds left instead of 90 seconds, it would be a meaningless goal for me)
- goals in a blowout

A PP goal with a two-man advantage down 6-3 with 90 seconds left is the embodiment of stat padding.

If Brassard really wants to help this team out, he should try setting up some of his teammates for goals before we go down by 2 or 3. His last two goals were borderline useless. He's our #1B/2 C, not a scrub on the 3rd or 4th line. He's one of the biggest reasons we are slumping. Stop the denial!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad