Pre-Game Talk: The Wild invade Ottawa, Tues. 7:00 pm on TSN

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
And get this. It's a home game???????? (7:00pm start)

MIN1219-CTC-SensEventImages-1200x500.jpg

Reactions: aragorn

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Well I guess EK is on his way to his 1st Hart Trophy. They won't give him awards when he's clearly the best so he had half his ankle removed and comes back just to prove he's the best,

Easy win. Ottawa 4-2.

Reactions: PTmbp13

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Can finally watch a game for once. Hopefully they can keep building on this - good sign is our top guns are starting to consistently put up points.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Boston has 1 game in hand, not us.

That could be 8 points. Huge gap.

The 2nd wildcard spot might be more attainable.

We have two games directly against BOS at the end of DEC. I know the term "must win" or "most important game of the season" is overused and cliche, but those two games are must wins.

What we have, is an opportunity to almost equalize things between us and the Bruins if we win those two games. As the standings are right now, if we win both those games, instead of Boston being ahead 6 points with a game in hand, they'd be ahead only 2 points with a game in hand.

Maybe sometimes I am too optimistic, but if we can win 3/4 of our neutral games, and then 2/2 of our games against Boston, we're back in business. If we lose both those games against BOS, we might as well start deciding which bandwagons we're gonna jump on in April.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Will be Wild's 3rd game in 4 nights.
will be stalocks third game in 4 nights as well.

If the sens do manage to pull a win here and somehow sweep the 2 of 3 against the bruins later on in the month they could maybe make the season interesting.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Going to this one, anyone know what the lineup is yet? Hope it warms up, last game it was freezing cold outside.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
make it 3 in a row boys. We have played well the last two games

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Any speculated lineups out yet? Any chance Burrows or Oduya sits?

Well, to my knowledge, we don't currently have a 7th D up with the team, so Oduya sitting would be unlikely.

Practice today had the following:

Ryan-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Brassard-Hoffman
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Thompson-Paul

Oduya-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Chabot

Not sure if Dumont is a healthy scratch, if it's a maintenance day or if he's skating an extra though.
Edit: Turns out it's an injury to Dumont

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Well, to my knowledge, we don't currently have a 7th D up with the team, so Oduya sitting would be unlikely.

Practice today had the following:

Ryan-Duchene-Stone
Dzingel-Brassard-Hoffman
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt
Burrows-Thompson-Paul

Oduya-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Chabot

Not sure if Dumont is a healthy scratch, if it's a maintenance day or if he's skating an extra though.
Edit: Turns out it's an injury to Dumont

Would prefer Harpur or Jaros when healthy over Oduya 10/10, and anyone who can skate over Burrows, strange the head coaches don't realize that you can have all the skill, experience in the world but if you physically can't get yourself to where you need to be well you won't accomplish much and will be chasing the play all game, we have a few of these guys currently on our roster.

who would Oduya sit for?

Recall Harpur, run a fan contest or go 13-5?

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
6 points behind with 1 game in hand over Boston. I believe the SENS can, and will do it.

Boston’s up against columbus, buffalo then winnipeg. lehner has boston’s numbers, winnipeg is a legit team i dont know about columbus. good chance they lose all three

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Would prefer Harpur or Jaros when healthy over Oduya 10/10, and anyone who can skate over Burrows, strange the head coaches don't realize that you can have all the skill, experience in the world but if you physically can't get yourself to where you need to be well you won't accomplish much and will be chasing the play all game, we have a few of these guys currently on our roster.

Recall Harpur, run a fan contest or go 13-5?

I'm thinking someone will get called up with no extra skaters at all currently with the roster (our 13 F is hurt and we're running with 6 D, so unless Condon starts skating as a D or F, we are one injury away from being shorthanded). They may wait for a road trip though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad