Pre-Game Talk: The Wild invade Ottawa, Tues. 7:00 pm on TSN

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
While the Ceci-Phaneuf pairing seems to be getting a lot of heat, I really found the problem was our shutdown line.

Smith-Pageau-Pyatt got killed last night. They were like flies getting swatted away all night. Blame Ceci and Phaneuf all you want, but that trio looked terrible in the DZ no matter which D pairing was on the ice with them.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
THIng about vegas is they actually have good players.

The way the expansion draft was set up, they were pretty much guaranteed to have fantastic depth. Coaching staff pretty much lit a fire under them and they have that us against the world mentality too. Pisses me off that they gave LV such a fantastic deal when previous expansion teams were basically told to suffer and survive off the other teams scraps for the first ~5 years. I guess we paid something like 50 mil in expansion fees back then, but how much was a team actually worth in 92?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Forget Melnyk, the Players better start looking in the mirror.

How do you get blown out, with a 3-1 lead to a team that is playing 3 games in 4 nights!!! :huh:

Minnesota is a good team.
Ceci and Phaneuf -3 and -4...
Chabot 0
You know the guy with flashy moves in the Ozone that get turned over sometimes but rarelly cost any goal

I know he plays less minutes then the 2 other but still...

Phaneuf and Ceci are a mess in the Dzone

Its like they put 6 hours to prepare the slot with decorations and a good meal for the opponents to have fun and stay in front of our goalie for as long as they want

oh so NOW plus minus matters. Hilarious. Who is our worst minus defenseman this season? Hmmm

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

oh so NOW plus minus matters. Hilarious. Who is our worst minus defenseman this season? Hmmm
Karlsson hasnt been good overall this season however to the poster you quoted with regards to Ceci's and Phaneufs plus minus, it's absolutely indicative and coincides with how bad they've been

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

AGain. GUY. This loss isn't a one off. "Minnesota is good" so? Look at our record lmao. Look at our last 16 games. Minnesota is good yeah. And we, are bad.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Minnesota is a good team because their coach is good. Wish the coaches were reversed last night.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Relax boboy

Im just saying they had a bad game yesterday

The shot down line too had a bad game

But its Chabot that plays 10 min/game

I know EK is having an awfull season

Its just not working this year

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Coyle seemed to have his way with us on the cycle. We just couldn't handle him in the DZ. That whole line we just didn't have an answer for. 3 big forwards that were just able to shrug off our small checking line.

Smith Pageau and Pyatt could work fine against skilled guys, but they just can't handle three 220 pound forwards cycling the puck.
WINNIPEG did the exact same thing to us

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Boucher: "We played well enough that we could have come out on top."

Sure Guy, sure. Keep saying that until the team is literally sitting at the bottom of the standings.

Watching the post game but that isn't quite what he said to be fair.

He said "we were playing well enough to win up to that point" meaning that the team had put themselves in a position to win by sticking to the plan and getting to 3-1.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The way the expansion draft was set up, they were pretty much guaranteed to have fantastic depth. Coaching staff pretty much lit a fire under them and they have that us against the world mentality too. Pisses me off that they gave LV such a fantastic deal when previous expansion teams were basically told to suffer and survive off the other teams scraps for the first ~5 years. I guess we paid something like 50 mil in expansion fees back then, but how much was a team actually worth in 92?

Why are you acting like Vegas somehow had a deep pool of elite players to pick from?

They didn't.

They had scraps that teams didn't want to protect.

They also avoided picking better pieces for their team, in favor of draft picks.

Vegas are good because they play damn hard and play for each other. Not because they are some expansion franchise gifthorse.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Why are you acting like Vegas somehow had a deep pool of elite players to pick from?

They didn't.

They had scraps that teams didn't want to protect.

They also avoided picking better pieces for their team, in favor of draft picks.

Vegas are good because they play damn hard and play for each other. Not because they are some expansion franchise gifthorse.

Well let's compare the quality of players that were available to Vegas to other expansions.

Vegas got a much better deal. They also paid through the nose to get it so fair is fair.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I disagree. This team with Methot and Boro looks totally different. They aren't skilled, but they allow the rest of the guys to play the system by taking guys off of pucks in the middle and home end of the ice and setting up the counter-offense.

Replacing Methot with old Oduya has a huge impact on how we play. I agree the team as a whole could play more physical, but having two tough LDs like those two to play along with EK, Claesson, Wideman or Chabot is essential imo.
Methot and Boro are both limited players. But one thing they both do well -- and no one else on the Sens does -- is crush guys down low, pin them to the boards or knock them on their butts to break up the cycle. Failure to do that last night was the biggest reason for the loss.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
No one is making fun of brassard for scoring. I would never hold scoring by against a player. But don't act like it was an important goal. He took a pass. Shot it. It went in. GReat. But it was a stat padder. He got called out right after the goal because Its his first goal in how many games?

He's playing poorly. Just because he's playing poorly though doesn't mean he isn't allowed some nice plays here and there. Nice shot. Gotta say. Doesn't take away from his poor play.

How you can be so incoherent in one post is beyond me.

You don't know what stat-padding means. And it was his 1st goal since 3 games ago, lol.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How you can be so incoherent in one post is beyond me.

You don't know what stat-padding means. And it was his 1st goal since 3 games ago, lol.
You knew what I meant. He's been in slump. Like everyone.

It's a stat padder. PP. Lost cause of a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad