TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Honestly the only time I remember is I blieve the second half of season 5 when they find their way to the barn.
Yeah, that's one of them. Only other time I can remember.... way back in Season 1 when Rick and Glenn are walking down the street covered in walker guts when it starts raining.

Edit: beat me to it.

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
So Morgan will have traveled from Georgia to Texas? Quite a trip and I will be curious where this fits in on Morgan's timeline (he was in Georgia during "Clear").

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
I think that is unlikely. The original show is at least two years in the timeline ahead of Fear. I cannot see them making that kind of jump with all the characters scattered at the end.

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
If the timelines on The Walking Dead Wiki are fairly accurate, the recent season finale of Fear and Rick waking up in the hospital (and being hit in the head later that day by Morgan) are close in time to one another.

Once again, I am curious how the timeline and continuity will shake out.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Haven't watched anything TWD related in the past few weeks but I really thought the crossover character was going to be Abe.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Is it just me or does it like never rain on this show?

Nor does the wind blow. Every street has to be covered in leaves?

I know it's early, but did anything happen tonight? (other than that guy who Rosita blew up)

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Yes, because that’s literally who Ezekial is. He thought he was a king, he wanted to be a king.

He almost wanted to go out in a “noble” death to save others. Especially after the entire kingdom army got wiped out. He’d rather take that death and not face all the Women and Children back at the Kingdom.

This isn’t a hard concept. There’s stuff to bash this show about, but this storyline is clear as day.

So you are saying he's a self-serving coward who doesn't want to face the music.

Ok!

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I mean, AMC is really misjudging the interest people have in The Walking Dead if they plan on stretching out this bullshit for another 4 seasons.

The ratings are cratering by the show's own standards. Yes, I know that for cable, it's still pulling in a phenomenal number but it's on its way to a more than likely 50% drop year over year. If that isn't a hint that people are tiring of the same hashed and re-hashed formula and unimaginative cliches that serve as a backbone for the show's narrative, I don't know what is.

I can't even be bothered to sum up my thoughts on the show's shortcomings anymore because they are too numerous to point out and have been talked about ad nausea over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

What a shame that AMC and Kirkman sacrificed quality in order to chase $$$. If only HBO had picked this series up instead of AMC, what could have been.... at least @Cor is still enjoying it though I guess.

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So Fear is clearly getting a big time jump then?

Morgan is being setup this season to have such a large disagreement that hes going to leave Ricks group.

I cant see how the timelines can work for Morgan to be in Fear unless there is a big time jump to accomadate it.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I still watch this show because I've been watching for this long, I can't bail now.

I kinda force myself to look past how they seem to have unlimited ammo and gas (has a shelf life) in a post-apocalypse world.

Sadly, this season hasn't been much better than the last one.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I mean, AMC is really misjudging the interest people have in The Walking Dead if they plan on stretching out this bull**** for another 4 seasons.

The ratings are cratering by the show's own standards. Yes, I know that for cable, it's still pulling in a phenomenal number but it's on its way to a more than likely 50% drop year over year. If that isn't a hint that people are tiring of the same hashed and re-hashed formula and unimaginative cliches that serve as a backbone for the show's narrative, I don't know what is.

I can't even be bothered to sum up my thoughts on the show's shortcomings anymore because they are too numerous to point out and have been talked about ad nausea over the past 2 or 3 seasons.

What a shame that AMC and Kirkman sacrificed quality in order to chase $$$. If only HBO had picked this series up instead of AMC, what could have been.... at least @Cor is still enjoying it though I guess.
You're telling me the actor who plays Jadis saying the rating drop being due to gore is a lie???

Seriously I don't know how they plan on stretching this out. The drop is significant and it keeps sliding.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
You're telling me the actor who plays Jadis saying the rating drop being due to gore is a lie???

Seriously I don't know how they plan on stretching this out. The drop is significant and it keeps sliding.
I nearly spit out whatever I was drinking at the time when I read that on Deadline. Found it interesting that she mentioned "they" (whoever that's supposed to reference) listen to what the fans have to say yet the complaints about sloppy writing, poor pacing and crappy plot mechanisms have been ignored for the past 2 or 3 seasons.

Wouldn't be surprised to see AMC just run the property into the ground. The amount of turmoil they seem to go through with every series they air is remarkable... lots of behind the scenes drama with Mad Men, Breaking Bad and of course the well documented Walking Dead clusterf*** that's been ongoing since season 1 with Darabont.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I'm guessing the helicopter might have something to do with Morgan. Maybe that's how he can crisscross the US. Maybe it's a group he was once a part of and they're looking for him. Would explain how he can travel vast distances in different directions

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I nearly spit out whatever I was drinking at the time when I read that on Deadline. Found it interesting that she mentioned "they" (whoever that's supposed to reference) listen to what the fans have to say yet the complaints about sloppy writing, poor pacing and crappy plot mechanisms have been ignored for the past 2 or 3 seasons.

Wouldn't be surprised to see AMC just run the property into the ground. The amount of turmoil they seem to go through with every series they air is remarkable... lots of behind the scenes drama with Mad Men, Breaking Bad and of course the well documented Walking Dead cluster**** that's been ongoing since season 1 with Darabont.
It's just not good anymore. They can blame it on gore or whatever, but it's just not a good show. It's the same thing over and over and over again. Maybe I was jaded because I binged it on Netflix, but the first five seasons were really good imo. Again, it may just be the binge factor because I read poor reviews for a season like season two because of the pacing.

Ever since I caught up mid-season 6 or whatever, it's just been downhill with glaring problems with regards to the pacing and the story itself. The cliffhanger was the straw that broke the camel's back, imo, both from a personal interest and viewership rating perspective, along with the horrific pacing of last season (f***ing Tara and Heath had their own episode ffs).

What happened with Mad Men and Breaking Bad?

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
It is a shame the show has suffered so much, in an arc you think would be amazing.. but they really are screwing up all out war.

The build up to Negan was great (all they had to do to perfect it was let the season 6 finale go on 3 minutes longer showing the kill)

But then the actually Negan stuff was hit or miss but they set up some characters to really hate so the ground work was all there but they just aren't delivering.

A big factor is the 16 episodes a year for sure, how great would this be with say only 10-12 episodes a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad