TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
FTWD is way better then anything TWD has done the last couple seasons. This show lost its edge when Frank Darabont got ousted. Then the multiple regime changes for writers and showrunners has only dumbed it down even further.

There was an actual element of fear with the first season/second season. Nothing creative or unique, the same rehashed crap episode after episode. The helicopter was interesting but that's about it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
They always find a way to ruin things that should be interesting. Stadium market in FTWD is just a base for the bad guys, military is never actually seen in TWD, etc.

I’ll still never forgive them for making Fear another “let’s follow another family and friends around with many unlikeable characters.”

You are probably right... but it's the only interesting thing to happen in like two seasons.

It boggles my mind that despite the enormous success of the show, AMC slashed the per episode budget and has never increased it since.

Probably explains why it's so tough for me to go from binge watching GOT starting this summer, to watching TWD these days.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Good episode.

- Helicopter was interesting.
- Nice to see some cracks showing on both sides of the ‘war’
- This episode showed how Negan should be. He seemed more human (with Gabriel asking about his wife before all this, etc).
- I’m assuming at the end it was hinting that Gabriel had been bitten and was about to die.
- Eugene is interesting. He’s clearly not with Negan, and is trying to help Rick and co while staying alive. However, Rick and co blame him for some of the stuff that has happened. I think Eugene will end up dying in some heroic way

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
it was the best episode of the season for me but all in all still only an average score. i like the little storyline about the rat and the workers complaining... still dont really know which people are siegeing the saviors, since we already saw all battlfields in episodes 1-4, there were no fights near that trailer. i just hope the helicopter squad is not shifting the power to heavy for either group, although they looked pretty much geared up, we will see... i am missing the garbage girls, u know the one who wanted to lay down with rick xd

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
so negan and gabriel escaped a vast horde of walkers yet a Tiger couldnt escape from so much less.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
so negan and gabriel escaped a vast horde of walkers yet a Tiger couldnt escape from so much less.

(Sigh)

Shiva was purposely sacrificing herself so Ezekiel could fully get away to safety. She could have fought them off, they showed that by having her swipe 2 or 3 or them away at once.

But whatever

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
(Sigh)

Shiva was purposely sacrificing herself so Ezekiel could fully get away to safety. She could have fought them off, they showed that by having her swipe 2 or 3 or them away at once.

But whatever

So she could have killed all the walkers that turned to attack just her but instead just decided to die because he refused to go up the bank? Man that is a lot of plot manipulation to get what you wanted from the scene. Pure lazy writing.

It was stupid. End of story.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
So she could have killed all the walkers that turned to attack just her but instead just decided to die because he refused to go up the bank? Man that is a lot of plot manipulation to get what you wanted from the scene. Pure lazy writing.

I agree with this.
That scene was terrible in presentation and logically flawed.

Oh well, the struggle continues...I cant stop now and have to see this through HA

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017

Exactly..hell she never had to sacrifice herself for Ezekiel at all..she could have taken care of those walkers and then just stayed close to the group of people she was helping and attacked at any walker that came near them while getting away.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
(Sigh)

But whatever

He had all day to get up a four foot embankment, but decided to give a king's speech instead...

It was just stupid as hell.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He had all day to get up a four foot embankment, but decided to give a king's speech instead...

It was just stupid as hell.

Yes, because that’s literally who Ezekial is. He thought he was a king, he wanted to be a king.

He almost wanted to go out in a “noble” death to save others. Especially after the entire kingdom army got wiped out. He’d rather take that death and not face all the Women and Children back at the Kingdom.

This isn’t a hard concept. There’s stuff to bash this show about, but this storyline is clear as day.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Yes, because that’s literally who Ezekial is. He thought he was a king, he wanted to be a king.

He almost wanted to go out in a “noble” death to save others. Especially after the entire kingdom army got wiped out. He’d rather take that death and not face all the Women and Children back at the Kingdom.

This isn’t a hard concept. There’s stuff to bash this show about, but this storyline is clear as day.

just executed terribly. I cant get over this four foot embankment with two peoples help....save yourselves......the undead are slowly walking towards us and probably will have a hard time getting up this slight elevation like myself. save yourselves!!

if they wanted to show a sacrifice it should of been a more dire situation like at the gates when they couldn't get the lock open to escape, that would of been the perfect time for a shiva sacrifice.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
I get a lot of the action sequences are frustrating, but the backlash against this show on this sub gets way out of hand. The pace has been fine this year and the saviors arc is only getting more interesting.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Carol, one of the strictest and most head strong character in the show gives in to this unprepared kid's request.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
(Sigh)

But whatever

She could fought them off? So why didn't she? She didn't need to sacrifice herself.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
You almost forget that Carl never had to go through his teenage angst-ridden years in the real world. Only natural that he starts to rebel against his father. I imagine the writers will figure out a way to make him wear a Che Guavara shirt.

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
The RPG to kill a singular person was a cool moment. It was completely ruined by the Darryl ex Machina that just occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad