TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | PART III | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Yes, because that’s literally who Ezekial is. He thought he was a king, he wanted to be a king.

He almost wanted to go out in a “noble” death to save others. Especially after the entire kingdom army got wiped out. He’d rather take that death and not face all the Women and Children back at the Kingdom.

This isn’t a hard concept. There’s stuff to bash this show about, but this storyline is clear as day.

What noble death?

Carol and the big dude were safely on top of the embankment...

He had to know they wouldn't leave him there to die, so by giving his big speech, he was jeopardizing their lives.

It was just poorly written, let's all just admit that.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I still watch this show because I've been watching for this long, I can't bail now.

I kinda force myself to look past how they seem to have unlimited ammo and gas (has a shelf life) in a post-apocalypse world.

Sadly, this season hasn't been much better than the last one.

Yeah, same here. This show is littered with stupidity. At least I heard Morgan will go away, one of the most annoying characters out there.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Can someone explain the logic behind Rick and the garbage people?

Rick goes there to try to convince them to join him. They don't want to and are going to kill him. So they use a zombie with a helmet on to do it, even though Rick has already survived in this situation before with them? He's fighting the head lady and no one shoots him? What sense does any of that make?

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Rick goes there to try to convince them to join him. They don't want to and our going to kill him. So they use a zombie with a helmet on to do it, even though Rick has already survived in this situation before with them? He's fighting the head lady and no one shoots him? What sense does any of that make?
Yeah idk.

He had a gun to her head and Im thinking it's a respect thing? Like they didn't respect him because he was more or less a pushover last time when she shot him. And now he's telling her how things are and laying down the law?

I honestly have no idea.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I come into here expecting to see live reactions and people talking about the episode and there are a grand total of 5 posts since the episode started last night. I think that says it all.

I still have 4 on my PVR and have no idea if I even want to watch them.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Rick goes there to try to convince them to join him. They don't want to and are going to kill him. So they use a zombie with a helmet on to do it, even though Rick has already survived in this situation before with them? He's fighting the head lady and no one shoots him? What sense does any of that make?

They definitely trying to do the whole "the Heepsters only respect swole" tribal shtick but they're more closely portraying them as batshit crazy with no clear motives instead.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I come into here expecting to see live reactions and people talking about the episode and there are a grand total of 5 posts since the episode started last night. I think that says it all.

I still have 4 on my PVR and have no idea if I even want to watch them.

We dropped cable a few weeks ago and I haven't missed it at all.

Moved on to Hulu Live TV + Netflix

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
How is the viewership? Last I checked the viewers were progressing steadily downward since this season started.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
5GgYejENSkmRU_SB0cqY9g.png

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
These are the lowest ratings since Season 2.

However their Sunday 18-49 rating is still at 3.3, 2.1 points higher than the 2nd highest show The Talking Dead (1.2).

Until that demographic checks out, it's still going to keep going

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
I still don't mind the show. There are definitely stupid parts to it, but that can be said about any show on any network. It's time my wife and I get to spend quietly watching TV together and she still enjoys the show, so as long as that keeps happening I'm along for the ride. I do wish they would get rid of the mid-season finale crap and just show it for (x) weeks straight.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Just think how good this show could be if we got say a 10 episode season instead of it being stretched to 16 a year.

Get a much tighter focus and able to focus on people who really matter.

I've been really let down with "All out war" so far because it has just been all over the place with no real direction... *sigh* it could have been so great.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I still don't mind the show. There are definitely stupid parts to it, but that can be said about any show on any network. It's time my wife and I get to spend quietly watching TV together and she still enjoys the show, so as long as that keeps happening I'm along for the ride. I do wish they would get rid of the mid-season finale crap and just show it for (x) weeks straight.

That's exactly why I watch.

It's a lot harder to enjoy since I binged watched GOT by myself this summer, and now it feels like I'm watching some cheap Syfy series in comparison to GOT.

However, I try not to complain too much and ruin it for my wife.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I have deleted the last few off my PVR after watching religiously until this season. It just isn't entertaining to me anymore.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
That's exactly why I watch.

It's a lot harder to enjoy since I binged watched GOT by myself this summer, and now it feels like I'm watching some cheap Syfy series in comparison to GOT.

However, I try not to complain too much and ruin it for my wife.
It's hard to compare anything to GOT.
TWD was better but this season is much better than last.
I used to watch it right away but if ibwait a few days no big deal,i actually forget it was on and never used to do that.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It's hard to compare anything to GOT.
TWD was better but this season is much better than last.
I used to watch it right away but if ibwait a few days no big deal,i actually forget it was on and never used to do that.

I get what you are saying and GOT is no doubt the greatest series I've ever watched, but TWD just feels cheap now and like they are killing time.

I can't help but make comparisons in my mind when I watch, even if I try hard not to.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I get what you are saying and GOT is no doubt the greatest series I've ever watched, but TWD just feels cheap now and like they are killing time.

I can't help but make comparisons in my mind when I watch, even if I try hard not to.
I've watched GOT a few times and I'd recomend watching again if you haven't. I always find forshadows i missed.It really is an amazing show.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I've watched GOT a few times and I'd recomend watching again if you haven't. I always find forshadows i missed.It really is an amazing show.

I always go back and rewatch series I love after several years have gone by... rewatched Sopranos recently and last summer Band of Brothers and The Pacific (absolutely loved it the second time way more than the first watch).

Reactions: TheAngryHank
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad