WWE: The Undertaker Appreciation Thread

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Taker needs a full hip replacement & he wanted to hold it off until after retirement. Which means he worked at least the rumble up to his retirement with literally one leg. Including getting speared 8 billion times and being put through a table.

What. a. legend.

Oct 18, 2011
I really don't get why WWE is being so vague about this. He's either retired or he's not. Instead they use the word "speculation"

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I really don't get why WWE is being so vague about this. He's either retired or he's not. Instead they use the word "speculation"

They never use words like "retired' just like they stopped using "grand daddy" for wrestlemania because it made it sound old or some dumb **** like that.

I don't even recall them ever using the words retired for flair or HBK either. Just "your career would be over"

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Because guys truly hardly ever retire. Shawn is a special case where he did that and retired and stayed retried. But they also wanted him back.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Saw his debut live at Survivor Series in Hartford. Came out with Brother Loooooooooooooove. Shame he had to share the spotlight with the Gobbley Gooker.

He was awesome.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bryan might not want to do it because he isn't retired

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Even though I stopped watching wrestling around 2000-2001 or so, Ministry of Darkness-era 'Taker (before that storyline was ruined by that Corporate Ministry ********) was my favourite.

I also loved when 'Taker would do that "rolling-his eyes-back-to-the-whites" thing back in the day. Or when he'd make that "throat slitting" hand gesture.

Dude was just straight up badass. :yo: :yo:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Even though I stopped watching wrestling around 2000-2001 or so, Ministry of Darkness-era 'Taker (before that storyline was ruined by that Corporate Ministry ********) was my favourite.

I also loved when 'Taker would do that "rolling-his eyes-back-to-the-whites" thing back in the day. Or when he'd make that "throat slitting" hand gesture.

Dude was just straight up badass. :yo: :yo:

I liked it when he put the wrestlers in the body bags after the match.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Taker is indeed retiring, I think it is a shame that they didn't even have the forethought to do the right thing. Taker ending his career in anything but losing a casket match is simply blasphemy as far as I'm concerned.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I remember watching this segment on TV and thinking it was fantastic... :)

That laugh that 'Taker emits at like 8:29 (after flipping his hair back) is probably still the most menacing/evil laugh I have ever heard on television. I loved it. :yo:

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
If Taker is indeed retiring, I think it is a shame that they didn't even have the forethought to do the right thing. Taker ending his career in anything but losing a casket match is simply blasphemy as far as I'm concerned.

I think that would be terrible. Has there ever been a good casket match? Plus it wouldn't allow Taker to do the whole post-match salute/goodbye.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think that would be terrible. Has there ever been a good casket match? Plus it wouldn't allow Taker to do the whole post-match salute/goodbye.

Shawn had a good one with him. And he basically broke his back

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Yes there has but that's subjective. Also, not every gimmick needs a whole post-match salute/goodbye.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Bruce Pritchard and xpac think undertaker will wrestle again next year. Are there any other notable people who have taken this position?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
so many people never stay retired that nobody will ever know unless it happens or does not happen

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00