Ottawa
C8df9AwVoAAMXxk.jpg

27 years.

:(

Last edited:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I mentioned this in the WM thread but he has been my all-time favorite since he first appeared. I loved everything about him. I didn't care if he wrestled as a heel or a face. Just an amazing career and one of the greatest characters of all time. There will never be another Phenom.

Thank you Undertaker!!

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Cheers to the greatest to ever lace them up. I throw the term GOAT around rather liberally because everyone knows there's an exclusive class of wrestlers that populate (and will populate) the HOF and are in a league of their own. For the most part you can measure them as equals. It's fun to say things like "Who was better Hart or Angle?" But for all those wrestlers I've never claimed one guy to be the best there ever was because I always knew it was Taker. And for all this time I was waiting for him to finally call it a career.

We will never see another one like him again in the world of wrestling. It's like Einstein to the world of physics, Mozart to music or DaVinci's contributions to mankind as polymath.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cheers to the greatest to ever lace them up. I throw the term GOAT around rather liberally because everyone knows there's an exclusive class of wrestlers that populate (and will populate) the HOF and are in a league of their own. For the most part you can measure them as equals. It's fun to say things like "Who was better Hart or Angle?" But for all those wrestlers I've never claimed one guy to be the best there ever was because I always knew it was Taker. And for all this time I was waiting for him to finally call it a career.

We will never see another one like him again in the world of wrestling. It's like Einstein to the world of physics, Mozart to music or DaVinci's contributions to mankind as polymath.

Here here. Man is the ultimate legend. He IS wrestling. An over the top gimmick that stood the test of time unlike anything ever. Man has all the titles. He had the streak. And he has had some of the greatest matches in the history of Mania and maybe even ever.

GOAT

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Stopped watching wrestling many years ago but I heard this was possibly Undertaker's last match, glad I tuned in. (and the epic Goldberg-Lesnar 5 minute match)

On a sidenote, I really like Roman Reigns, he could be the greatest heel ever.

Oct 18, 2011
glad he was able to walk away, hopefully his body isn't too far gone and he can live a decent life

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh and cheers to Mark Calaway for taking what could have probably ended up as a horrible 90's gimmick and making it into the most legendary career the wrestling world has ever known. Seriously... just the mere idea of a guy who bags up his opponents after matches, draws power from an urn and has a strange relationship with this ghostly fat guy named Paul Bearer (as if it couldn't be cliche enough) is probably the hokiest thing I have ever heard. And despite all that it's all made Undertaker's story borderline mythological.

Pulling that off takes a talent that I cannot even begin to fathom and I think it probably would have failed if done by anyone else. The American Badass era might've helped him out a little bit too but everyone knows full and well that's not how we're going to remember him.

Cheers to a career so great that he should never have to buy his own drinks again no matter where he goes

:yo::yo::handclap::handclap::yo::yo:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Andre The Giant was inducted into the HOF on his own and to be honest I think Taker might need the same treatment. Seriously there's over half a dozen guys I can think of off the top of my head who would give anything to have a word about him.

Off the top of my head all these guys would be able to talk for 10 minutes and it still wouldn't be enough

HHH
Kane
Stone Cold
Mankind
The Rock
Shawn Michaels
Vince McMahon

And that's not including other guys like Hart, Angle, Big Show, JBL and Jericho

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Stopped watching wrestling many years ago but I heard this was possibly Undertaker's last match, glad I tuned in. (and the epic Goldberg-Lesnar 5 minute match)

On a sidenote, I really like Roman Reigns, he could be the greatest heel ever.

The irony of this lol

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Oh and cheers to Mark Calaway for taking what could have probably ended up as a horrible 90's gimmick and making it into the most legendary career the wrestling world has ever known. Seriously... just the mere idea of a guy who bags up his opponents after matches, draws power from an urn and has a strange relationship with this ghostly fat guy named Paul Bearer (as if it couldn't be cliche enough) is probably the hokiest thing I have ever heard. And despite all that it's all made Undertaker's story borderline mythological.

Pulling that off takes a talent that I cannot even begin to fathom and I think it probably would have failed if done by anyone else. The American Badass era might've helped him out a little bit too but everyone knows full and well that's not how we're going to remember him.

Cheers to a career so great that he should never have to buy his own drinks again no matter where he goes

:yo::yo::handclap::handclap::yo::yo:

This is exactly what I thought when I read your previous post. It's amazing what he did with that gimmick. It could of easily ended up on wrestlecrap with other cartoony gimmicks of that era. Nobody else was pulling that off like the true dead man.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Taker literally was the sea monster, and he took that gimmick and became a legend

Man you're not kidding. A gimmick is hard enough to make successful and even harder to make it last more than a year -nevermind an entire carer. Undertaker is the only "gimmick" wrestler I've ever seen have a truly illustrious career. Everyone else just had a name and were essentially normal people.

The idea of the Undertaker is not a bad gimmick that you know is going to fail no matter how much you try like Mantaur, Repo Man or the Bastion Booger. But a guy coming out in a hat, trench coat and necktie to the funeral march song is absolutely insane and not something I can imagine lasting for any long period of time. A year tops if you're lucky. Fortunately McMahon knew the only way that was gonna work was as a "monster heel" and I'll be damned if Mark Calaway wasn't the most impressive wrestler in every ring he stepped in until he locked horns with guys like Michaels, Hart and Hogan.

Fortunately his character was versatile enough to be evolved over the years to fit the need of whatever the WWF had for him. And in no small part was it due to the masterful skill in which Undertaker was played.

Look at me I'm getting carried away

Oct 18, 2011
After Undertaker all that's really left from the last generation are Y2J, HHH, and Kane I guess. But Taker was a main eventer long before any of them came to WWE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad