Half-Assed GDT: The Underachiever @ Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I really appreciated how Elliott charged out on that breakaway chance, played it very aggressively. Both guys have shown a quick decision aggressiveness this year. There was Allen's recent poke check on the Breakaway by...I thnk it was Gaudreau.

I think we are seeing the impact of having a top tier goalie coach. He's really taken Elliott's game to another level.

I have been an advocate of giving Allen the reins since he is the future, but the way Elliot has played, he needs serious consideration as our playoff starter.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
I think the path to success in the playoffs is playing both our goalies. Start with Allen until he has a bad game then switch them out and keep changing them after a bad game. It seems like when one has a bad game the other has a hot streak right after.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
At this point, I would start Elliott in the PO's. If he falters, put in Allen. Elliott has earned it to this point and looks more consistent right now.

I definitely like Edmundson with Petro. I'm in the minority here but I would consider protecting Edmudson over Bo in the expansion draft (assuming Shatty is gone).

Staz with another good night...he is underrated and would benefit IMO from a new coach.

Only disturbing thing in my mind is Parayko becoming slower on the draw with his shot. I wonder if this is coaching-related?

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
At this point, I would start Elliott in the PO's. If he falters, put in Allen. Elliott has earned it to this point and looks more consistent right now.

I definitely like Edmundson with Petro. I'm in the minority here but I would consider protecting Edmudson over Bo in the expansion draft (assuming Shatty is gone).

Staz with another good night...he is underrated and would benefit IMO from a new coach.

Only disturbing thing in my mind is Parayko becoming slower on the draw with his shot. I wonder if this is coaching-related?

Everyone has regressed offensively under Hitch. Can't wait till he's gone and we actually have a coach who emphasizes speed, transition, and better offensive schemes.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Everyone has regressed offensively under Hitch. Can't wait till he's gone and we actually have a coach who emphasizes speed, transition, and better offensive schemes.

Really? Schwartz regressed? How about Tarasenko? Fabbri? Shattenkirk? Steen?

This is just a load of garbage. I'm fine with moving on from Hitch, but this melodramatic hyperbole is getting exceptionally annoying.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Really? Schwartz regressed? How about Tarasenko? Fabbri? Shattenkirk? Steen?

This is just a load of garbage. I'm fine with moving on from Hitch, but this melodramatic hyperbole is getting exceptionally annoying.

I'm not denying that certain players have improved their individual games but the offensive structure as a whole is severely lacking. We could do so much better.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I think the path to success in the playoffs is playing both our goalies. Start with Allen until he has a bad game then switch them out and keep changing them after a bad game. It seems like when one has a bad game the other has a hot streak right after.

Elliott has been solid all season. He is a much better goaltender than last year. I think that both Corsi and Brodeur have worked with him, and he is now a significantly better goalie than when he came to the Blues.

Allen has shown weaknesses and been inconsistent. The league can look at film of him, and adjust. I would start Elliott in the playoffs. He's been solid as a rock. He doesn't lose confidence anymore, when things go wrong.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Elliott has been solid all season. He is a much better goaltender than last year. I think that both Corsi and Brodeur have worked with him, and he is now a significantly better goalie than when he came to the Blues.

Allen has shown weaknesses and been inconsistent. The league can look at film of him, and adjust. I would start Elliott in the playoffs. He's been solid as a rock. He doesn't lose confidence anymore, when things go wrong.

This is it. Elliott has earned his right to take this thing. He's the better goalie, and has that fire. You can see it.

Take it and run with it.

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
Give it up for Stastny ( Balls Nasty) these last 5 games:
-3 games with 2 points or more
-3 goals, 5 assists
- killing it in the face off circle; averaging a 66% winning percentage.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
DCgn3UR.jpg

Puet! :sarcasm:

that Oshie line was great :handclap:

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Give it up for Stastny ( Balls Nasty) these last 5 games:
-3 games with 2 points or more
-3 goals, 5 assists
- killing it in the face off circle; averaging a 66% winning percentage.

Stastny playing like the player we hoped we'd see makes me:handclap::yo:. Fabbri's effect on him can't be stated enough.

When Steen comes back, we'll be able to attack in waves like in seasons past, but with a much more skilled roster. Three lines with scoring potential.

Again, the coaching is the only thing to worry about.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
This team is playing much, much better. They've shot up to #7 in Fenwick after being a mediocre possession team for most of the year statistically. Schwartz's return and Fabbri's emergence have certainly contributed to the Blues ascendance in the last 10 games. The lines have cohesion and the defense is doing a great job of looking to make plays in transition. I can't remember the last time they've looked this dangerous off the rush or as creative in the offensive zone. Fabbri really is a catalyst. He's almost single-handedly made our second line nearly as dangerous as our first.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think the Berglund-Backes-Brouwer line is going to be big in the playoffs.

Say what? Why wouldn't Steen just replace Jaskin. I see no reason to break up Fabbri Stastny Brouwer.

You either move Fabbri off the side he's been playing all season or put Steen over there. Brouwer is good for that line. Big bodied RHS that can bang and make room for Stastny and Fabbri.

Putting Steen on Backes, or Berglund's wing just makes that line immensely better

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Why would we split up fabbri stastny brouwer?

I say just put steen with backes amd berglund and let jaskin sit or 4th line.

Without looking at the time on ice numbers, I thought Jaskin was playing with Berglund and Backes more than on Stastny's line. Whichever line he is on, that is probably the line Hitchcock will put Steen on.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
Without looking at the time on ice numbers, I thought Jaskin was playing with Berglund and Backes more than on Stastny's line. Whichever line he is on, that is probably the line Hitchcock will put Steen on.

It seemed like the lines were Jaskin bergie backes and fabbs staz brouwer. Jaskin likely gets less ice time due to pk and pp, where backes and bergie both play some.

Going by the eye test and actual numbers recently, fabbri staz and brouwer should be the line that is safest from changes, they are all working great together. I'd be more willing to switch up stl with steen, but I still think the best line combo would be stl, fabbs staz brouwer, steen bergie backes then whatever the hell for 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad