The True Football (Not American)/Futbol/Soccer Thread: Part VI

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the USA and LA Galaxy, is it official now?

Be prepared for one hell of a ride. :) Great for the entire league from a pr perspective, hopefully his cruciate ligament injury is healed now (unfortunately still a question mark...).

”The Galaxy offered him $3 million - combined - over two seasons. And he took it.”

If this is true (????) it's a great deal and he definately didn't sign for the money, which team wouldn't sign Zlatan for this kind of money?

L.A. Galaxy sign superstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the USA and LA Galaxy, is it official now?

Be prepared for one hell of a ride. :) Great for the entire league from a pr perspective, hopefully his cruciate ligament injury is healed now (unfortunately still a question mark...).

”The Galaxy offered him $3 million - combined - over two seasons. And he took it.”

If this is true (????) it's a great deal and he definately didn't sign for the money, which team wouldn't sign Zlatan for this kind of money?

L.A. Galaxy sign superstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Any European team.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Man, Zlatan, what can I say, a true living legend, good for him finishing an amazing career in Los Angeles.

This was an ok start...

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

Makkeli

May 1, 2009
Finland
And Roma drops Barcelona out of Champions League by winning their home game 3-0! Awesome news, some new blood as Liverpool and Roma qualifies and not the same teams always.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Read the soccer board managerial thread for some good conspiracies theories about it. Cause Kovac is astonishingly ill suited for a club like Bayern. This is like BVB hiring Stoger times a thousand :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Read the soccer board managerial thread for some good conspiracies theories about it. Cause Kovac is astonishingly ill suited for a club like Bayern. This is like BVB hiring Stoger times a thousand :laugh:
What's your opinion about Peter Bosz? Yeah he failed at BVB, but hard to see if he's at fault or if Superman "W" put his butterfingers on the club.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What's your opinion about Peter Bosz? Yeah he failed at BVB, but hard to see if he's at fault or if Superman "W" put his butterfingers on the club.

Watzke didn't prevent him from even trying to organize a backline or pressing scheme. He's basically Wenger, not the worst at structuring possession, but clueless at organizing his team against the ball.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Watzke didn't prevent him from even trying to organize a backline or pressing scheme. He's basically Wenger, not the worst at structuring possession, but clueless at organizing his team against the ball.
Wasn't it Superman "W"'s fault for hiring a below-average manager in the first place? It seems that after Klopp left BVB didn't have a clue on who to hire or the where to take this club so all the moving pieces eventually drifted off. I am not complaining though, Auba wasn't needed, true, but he's a breath of freshair.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wasn't it Superman "W"'s fault for hiring a below-average manager in the first place? It seems that after Klopp left BVB didn't have a clue on who to hire or the where to take this club so all the moving pieces eventually drifted off. I am not complaining though, Auba wasn't needed, true, but he's a breath of freshair.

Tuchel was a great hiring, hell his BVB were better than Klopp's ever where that 1st season. It was when TT started falling out with Watzke & his cronies after they sold everybody despite promising Tuchel at most 1 key departure; then things went south for them.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I was gonna joke about how Arsenal fans will think about getting Carlo, Allegri, Jardim, etc. but will probably get Niko Kovac and Kevin Prince-Boateng as their marquee signing but that’s too late for my joke :(

Have a feeling whoever they get will flop bad. They’re totally getting Eddie Howe aren’t they.

Reactions: cgf

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I was gonna joke about how Arsenal fans will think about getting Carlo, Allegri, Jardim, etc. but will probably get Niko Kovac and Kevin Prince-Boateng as their marquee signing but that’s too late for my joke :(

Have a feeling whoever they get will flop bad. They’re totally getting Eddie Howe aren’t they.

AVB!!!!

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Hey @JWK , is Chang Hun Kwon good enough for Gladbach or would that just be a marketing signing?
He's probably the 2nd best Korean player (I don't follow the K-league that close so someone might be better there idk), got a pretty nice left foot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00