Blue Jays Discussion: The trade deadline has passed. Time to see what this can do (most acquisitions expected to be present Thursday in Minnesota)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Albert needs 5 bombs in 28 games to get the big 700

Gotta wonder if the Cards start trotting him out more with the Brewers basically on life support and then basically locked into their seed (Dodgers ran away with home field, Mets are like 6 games up)

I mean he's slashing .374/.436/.795 since the ASB. They better be playing him.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Matz, stripling and Ray are probably reasons as to why they thought they could do some tweaks with Kikuchi with a level of success. Unfortunately, this year it hasn’t worked out. Hopefully, next year they can finish the tweaks and get him confident
Hopefully, but the trend is showing he's just not as good as maybe people were hoping he would be in the MLB, sometimes that's just the case coming from other leagues, they just don't pan out sometimes, this might be a case of that.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
In just 16 games Andrus has entrenched himself as a top 5 player on the White Sox and their current leadoff hitter. He’s been a revelation for them with Anderson out but I have no idea why Robert is batting so far down the order.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
In just 16 games Andrus has entrenched himself as a top 5 player on the White Sox and their current leadoff hitter. He’s been a revelation for them with Anderson out but I have no idea why Robert is batting so far down the order.

Tony LaRussa has twice signaled for an intentional walk of a guy with 2 strikes. Nothing is beyond his capacity for irrational thought.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Nonsense reply.:rolleyes:

I mean... the Orioles are currently 4.5 games back of the Jays. By Pythag, they should be 5.5 back. By BaseRuns, they should be 7.5 back. The Jays run differential is more than 50 runs better. The Jays are pretty clearly the better team so far this season.

And if you really want to focus on the "should" part... the Jays have spent aggressively in both money and prospects the last 2+ years to make the team competitive, while the Orioles have been by far the worst team in baseball the last 5 years, made no moves to significantly improve the team following last year's 110 loss season, and traded away two of their most valuable pieces at the deadline. The Jays very obviously should be the better team.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Keep the train rolling, baby. Take at least one of these next two against the O's to send a statement.

If Bo is truly back to normal that's a massive gamechanger. Biggest thing I noticed is while he's being aggressive still he's being a lot more smart about it. Hammered both of those early offspeed pitches because he watched other at bats while on deck and downloaded the info.

Should be able to take three of four since you have Manoah pitching the finale at least.

Reactions: Langdon Alger

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I mean... the Orioles are currently 4.5 games back of the Jays. By Pythag, they should be 5.5 back. By BaseRuns, they should be 7.5 back. The Jays run differential is more than 50 runs better. The Jays are pretty clearly the better team so far this season.

And if you really want to focus on the "should" part... the Jays have spent aggressively in both money and prospects the last 2+ years to make the team competitive, while the Orioles have been by far the worst team in baseball the last 5 years, made no moves to significantly improve the team following last year's 110 loss season, and traded away two of their most valuable pieces at the deadline. The Jays very obviously should be the better team.
Dean Kremer, Kyle Bradish, Austin Voth, Jordan Lyles, and Spenser Watkins. I swear the Jays were throwing out better pitchers circa 2010-2013.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Dean Kremer, Kyle Bradish, Austin Voth, Jordan Lyles, and Spenser Watkins. I swear the Jays were throwing out better pitchers circa 2010-2013.
It's a wonder they made it this far with that rotation. Doubly so considering their best arm in John Means has been out with Tommy John surgery.

Even weirder is theyre just on the fringe of the top 10 in team ERA, ahead of teams generally known for great pitching in Milwaukee, Miami, and San Francisco.

Baseball's just a weird sport.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
It's a wonder they made it this far with that rotation. Doubly so considering their best arm in John Means has been out with Tommy John surgery.

Even weirder is theyre just on the fringe of the top 10 in team ERA, ahead of teams generally known for great pitching in Milwaukee, Miami, and San Francisco.

Baseball's just a weird sport.

Killer bullpen. When you have 4-5 lights out guys in there you can make up for a mediocre staff. Similar to KC that one year where they took our World Series.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Killer bullpen. When you have 4-5 lights out guys in there you can make up for a mediocre staff. Similar to KC that one year where they took our World Series.

The point is that their rotation is 12th in ERA in the 2nd half. Kremer (3.78 ERA), Bradish (2.66 ERA), Voth (2.29 ERA), Lyles (3.02 ERA), and Watkins (4.62 ERA) handling the bulk of those SP innings. The Jays bullpen has been better than the O's over that same stretch.

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Just curious what people think, but what if the Jays signed Yasiel Puig? I see he's in the Korean league trying to prove himself back to the MLB, when he broke out into the league he reminded me of Bo Jackson so much talent. I understand he made some poor choices, but sounds like he has acknowledged them and is trying to be more mature, would he be worth a shot.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Just curious what people think, but what if the Jays signed Yasiel Puig? I see he's in the Korean league trying to prove himself back to the MLB, when he broke out into the league he reminded me of Bo Jackson so much talent. I understand he made some poor choices, but sounds like he has acknowledged them and is trying to be more mature, would he be worth a shot.
He's toast. I'd rather trot out JBJ as our 4th OF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad