Blue Jays Discussion: The trade deadline has passed. Time to see what this can do (most acquisitions expected to be present Thursday in Minnesota)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am just worried about the Orioles, man. They are trending in the right direction, while we are not. Need to sweep the Pirates then come focused into Baltimore. They need to be sharp or Baltimore will steal their playoff spot. Gotta beat Baltimore and TB down the stretch if they want a playoff spot. I think we don’t survive if we play to a losing record against Rays and Os down the stretch.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
What do we see Pearson becoming if he becomes fully healthy and ready to go next Spring Training?

If he is fully healthy he is a top of the rotation pitcher with ace potential. But it doesn’t appear he will be fully healthy.

Seems to me he is more of a thrower than pitcher. If he focuses more on mechanics to limit injury vs velo, he might still make it. Can still be a great pitcher if you average 95 instead 97-98.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If he is fully healthy he is a top of the rotation pitcher with ace potential. But it doesn’t appear he will be fully healthy.

Seems to me he is more of a thrower than pitcher. If he focuses more on mechanics to limit injury vs velo, he might still make it. Can still be a great pitcher if you average 95 instead 97-98.

You're saying that he won't be fully healthy next February?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Cleveland pitcher Zach Plesac is on the IL after he punched the ground in anger and fractured his hand.

Last season he went on the IL for "aggressively ripping his shirt off" and catching his thumb on a chair, fracturing it.

2 years ago he had to be suspended by the team because he violated covid protocols so he could go out bar-hopping with friends in Chicago.

I'm beginning to sense a pattern in his behavior :laugh:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
What do we see Pearson becoming if he becomes fully healthy and ready to go next Spring Training?
If he can find control I think best case now is back end pen arm. Doesn’t seem like his arm is built for starting. Maybe if they can build him up next year he could try starting in two

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Cleveland pitcher Zach Plesac is on the IL after he punched the ground in anger and fractured his hand.

Last season he went on the IL for "aggressively ripping his shirt off" and catching his thumb on a chair, fracturing it.

2 years ago he had to be suspended by the team because he violated covid protocols so he could go out bar-hopping with friends in Chicago.

I'm beginning to sense a pattern in his behavior :laugh:

Stupid is as stupid does

Reactions: hockeywiz542

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

GTUuRPTfUXIu9MQcigCXed7987E=.gif

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Even with things settling back down to earth, I think it'd be a shame if Judge didn't win the MVP this year. The Ohtani "no one adds as much value because he plays on both sides" thing was true last year which was too bad for Vladdy, but this year Judge has a fWAR a full win higher than Ohtani. So he isn't adding more value - him winning would feel like voters settling into a habit more than anything else

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
How did Kikuchi get $36M for 3 years.... Like I read how in 2019 they really wanted him then, but he went with Seattle, but his numbers in Seattle weren't anything great, but he gets rewarded with $36M because this management thinks they could changed a few things on him to be worth the overpayment basically... Like what....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00